My Tractor Forum banner

11141 - 11160 of 11271 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Me and my D140 watered some trees up in the front of my property... it's been 33 degrees celsius... so filled a bucket up of 24 gallons, and some miracle grow, and drove down the laneway to water our young trees... Better than a walk back and forth with a 2-gallon watering can...

·
Parts collector
3,403 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ah ha yes no round up right? . I see you have an old Power Wagon too. looks like a 77 or 78 to me. ;)
Nope, not Roundup. Around here, the FleetFarm store (kind of like the old Sears, Roebuck) only sells Roundup in smaller sizes, geared more toward use around trees and flower beds. This is a big gravel 'parking' lot that I put in to park my semi in. I used something called RM43. I can get it in 2.5gal jugs which should last for a few years.

And yes, that's a 1978 Power Wagon! :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
20200618_140231.jpg 20200618_135852.jpg
Disregard the hay. That was left from mowing after two weeks growth with the Cub down with a broken drive belt. I was just going to do a test run yesterday to try the Degree out, but ended up having too much fun and blew the cuttings into the trees.

·
Parts collector
3,403 Posts
Nope, not Roundup. Around here, the FleetFarm store (kind of like the old Sears, Roebuck) only sells Roundup in smaller sizes, geared more toward use around trees and flower beds. This is a big gravel 'parking' lot that I put in to park my semi in. I used something called RM43. I can get it in 2.5gal jugs which should last for a few years.

And yes, that's a 1978 Power Wagon! :)
That RM43 stuff looks like it would work well for me.

So 318 or 360 in the Power Wagon? 4 speed or 727?

Reactions: GrumpyGumpy

·
Registered
88 Posts
The D140 today hauled 4 trailer loads of sod and dirt to one side of the property and dumped it, and did another water run to water those newly planted tree's

·
Registered
74 Posts
How is the sprayer mounted to the tractor. I bought a 25 gallon sprayer this year and mounted it on an old Polaris ATV but would rather have it on my GT235.
Cannon
Give me a minute Cannon51!

I work nights and average 12hrs each.
I'll get you some pics of the mounts in the next day or two!

·
Super Moderator
13,259 Posts
One of the more unique uses of the X748.... when you unexpectedly win an item at an auction and realize the tires are set wide.... the X748 went on a trip as trailer ballast. The X is ~1,700 lb ballasted, the WD-45 I picked up is ~4,500 lb.... load balanced out nicely and I was able to pull it at 75 mph home.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mr beef. I want to thank you for your YouTube channel. I have watched a bunch of them on your 455. Helped me with mine a ton of times. Hopefully I'll get some decent pics and vids of mine up soon. Just finished mowing my lawn with my 455. Cleaning out the shop now to bring it in for a rear-end sealing and pto install if my parts show up.

·
Premium Member
9,496 Posts
Hello Mr. Beef, aside from the unexpected need for ballast, what do you possibly use that much front weight for on your X748?

·
Super Moderator
29,527 Posts
If the nuts will spin it doesn't take that much time to change the width of the WD-45 tires. Helped my father do it several times, loosen a side, start tractor, lock opposite brake and put in 1st gear or reverse (depending on what way you want the tire to go) use hand clutch to feather the tire to desired position. Little grease on the slides makes it move very easy!

·
Super Moderator
29,527 Posts
One of the more unique uses of the X748.... when you unexpectedly win an item at an auction and realize the tires are set wide.... the X748 went on a trip as trailer ballast. The X is ~1,700 lb ballasted, the WD-45 I picked up is ~4,500 lb.... load balanced out nicely and I was able to pull it at 75 mph home.

View attachment 2462946
Diesel or gas? Great tractor, has all kinds of low end!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Picked up a JD 116 that has the hydrostatic transmission. Came with two, 38" decks. Also got a 50" deck for a 318 that you can see sitting behind the the tractor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11141 - 11160 of 11271 Posts