My Tractor Forum banner

10961 - 10980 of 11015 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,321 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
What did that have on it originally? Don't know that I've ever seen one without an accommodation to be towed.

Mike
Just a handle to move it around manually. You can see it in the first picture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally got my new JD S240 delivered and got to play with it in the grass. Being brandy new it was great. I took extra long paths to cut the grass because I have such a small yard. I put in my Echo Earbuds. I had Alexa play Symphony Hall, put on my hearing protection, and put a big smile on my face, and started it up. I forgot two things, something to keep my cup holder company and to take a picture! Next time. Guaranteed it won't be too long.

·
Parts collector
3,339 Posts
Well I go the hay field........ I mean yard mowed yesterday with the 318.

Moved the plow truck and trailer so we can have a bond fire on Sunday in the fire pit.

·
Super Moderator
28,824 Posts
Well I go the hay field........ I mean yard mowed yesterday with the 318.

Moved the plow truck and trailer so we can have a bond fire on Sunday in the fire pit.
Had a great day for mowing yesterday!! I got most of the backyard this morning before the rain started.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
The rain hasn't stopped here....... Today is the first decent day in a couple weeks. Of course, I have LARGE bodies of water in the yard..... so, large areas where mowing just isn't an option. Unfortunately, the grass is growing REALLY well.....

·
Registered
273 Posts
So I loaded 14 yards of dirt into my dump trailer with my x738 and 45 loader. The loader work only took about 1/2 an hour but each trip to the dump took an hour. If you want to see the project take a look here.

still have another 7 -8 yards of dirt to move before I resume taking out the rest of the yard.
8BBE82FD-AC9D-40E1-817B-417474EBE0CF.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
So I loaded 14 yards of dirt into my dump trailer with my x738 and 45 loader. The loader work only took about 1/2 an hour but each trip to the dump took an hour. If you want to see the project take a look here.

still have another 7 -8 yards of dirt to move before I resume taking out the rest of the yard. View attachment 2458705
Sure beats a shovel and wheel barrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
pulled another load of mud with X595

·
Super Moderator
13,248 Posts
Leveling the area around the new building and picked up a neat little generator from the late 80’s
A9457237-54BE-483F-B4FA-B125EA04A75D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,321 Posts

still have another 7 -8 yards of dirt to move before I resume taking out the rest of the yard. View attachment 2458705
That looks like a ton of fun! What's going on with the yard that needs the soil to be removed???

Mike

·
Registered
273 Posts
This yard has no topsoil. It is all clay which is terrible for growing anything. It retains water so plant roots drown or have to be overwatered for the grass to grow. I'm removing 4 inches and will then bring in 3 inches of actual top soil and then the owner will bring in sod and plant new trees. The topsoil won't help the trees that much but the grass will need a lot less water and the tree roots won't rot from over watering the grass.

·
Premium Member
8,321 Posts
This yard has no topsoil. It is all clay which is terrible for growing anything. It retains water so plant roots drown or have to be overwatered for the grass to grow. I'm removing 4 inches and will then bring in 3 inches of actual top soil and then the owner will bring in sod and plant new trees. The topsoil won't help the trees that much but the grass will need a lot less water and the tree roots won't rot from over watering the grass.
OK. I was wondering why you didn't just till it up and spread the new topsoil over it?

Mike

·
Registered
361 Posts
Got the dandelion field aka my yard mowed this evening! Those screens were packed with fuzz
I didnt take any pics but I mowed at the farm yesterday for the first time year. Lots of dandelions, and like yours LOTS of that fuzz caught in the screens. Leaf blower works well to blow the fuzz and grass clippings of the machine.

Also found a thick piece of wire sticking out the sidewall of the rear tire when I was cleaning it off. So I put a plug in it and parked it with the plug to the top that way if it still leaks most the liquid ballast will remain in the tire.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
X720SE hit 500 hours today & it's now due for 3rd hydro oil change, it's first two years was 185 hours of grass, leaf & snow duty. then four years and about 260 hours of grass and leaf duty & now this last year it's grass only & will probably only do grass duty in the future. & I found out today that an X720 is faster than a mouse, one mouse down.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yesterday, Spent 3+ hours Mowing with the 445, 20 Minutes using the 1026R to extract the 445 from the West side lawn/swamp, guess it will be a few more weeks before I can butcher that area. Used the 445 again to move utility trailer so I could off load the old decking in prep for repaint, re-wire and new deck. First trailer repair since I purchased it in 96. Most of the deck screws were rusted off. 445 works well to move it around when it is not on the hi-way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Over the last several days actually... Finally got the 317 together so I could use it to pull the non-starting X595 out of the shed. Then got the X595 going and the deck and bagger on it and finally started mowing the lawn. Lawn looked like an ungrazed pasture when I started but two trips over it and looks OK now. See pics: pre-mowed, working on the first run and then part way thru second run.

Attachments

10961 - 10980 of 11015 Posts