My Tractor Forum banner

10941 - 10960 of 11015 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,824 Posts
Sharp eye! There is a 'T'. PO added a 2nd cylinder to the angle adjustment. My plans are to keep fixing the bent/broken things until it's all functioning and then use it! So far I have; pressure washed it, changed filters and fluids, replaced the fuel shut off solenoid, applied 1 hood decal that came with it, painted the frame, painted the tower. Still chasing a delayed ground speed control on the hydro. View attachment 2457860
So he has the cylinder connections reversed from the "T" to get proper movement. Not sure you've used this yet but would be interested in your assessment of whether that aids the angling or not.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,797 Posts
Pulled the idle and high speed screws out of the Walbro carb on Bror, shot some carb cleaner into the orifices... That seems to at least have gotten him to run for longer. Tried making him go on Saturday, finally got him to start and I got him out of the tent, JUST outside of extension cord range and he died. Gas down the air cleaner would bring him back for 10 seconds, so I figure it’s time for a carb cleaning.... BUT... I have no replacement gaskets for him and I need to move some dirt with the Unicorn (aka the Johnson 10 loader). Still can’t get him much up above idle before he starts missing and backfiring, but trying to dial in his carb doesn’t seem to help... it was a good time to change his oil tho, before I go to move dirt for LTGal’s garden beds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replaced ignition coil and ignitor module on my LX176. Finally got the LX176 to run. I think I may have broke the throttle lever. And may have to remove the carb to clean it. So, far I have spent just under $235 on the mower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So he has the cylinder connections reversed from the "T" to get proper movement. Not sure you've used this yet but would be interested in your assessment of whether that aids the angling or not.
It seems redundant to me and unnecessary. I don't know any different as this is the first tractor I've owned with a blade.

·
Super Moderator
28,824 Posts
It seems redundant to me and unnecessary. I don't know any different as this is the first tractor I've owned with a blade.
The only time I ever have an issue with the blade not angling is if I'm moving a pretty good amount of dirt and then try to angle it. I'm thinking maybe the Previous Owner (PO) may have used this for moving a lot of heavy material and that may have been his solution. It would also add expense to the blade with the ram and hoses needed to connect it all up. You may be correct in that it is unnecessary.

·
Parts collector
3,339 Posts
I looked at the 332 in pieces in the garage and looked at the 318. Then looked at the yard and with what looked like rain on the way went in the house.

·
Super Moderator
28,824 Posts
I looked at the 332 in pieces in the garage and looked at the 318. Then looked at the yard and with what looked like rain on the way went in the house.
The 318 would've beat the rain!!! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Pulled the idle and high speed screws out of the Walbro carb on Bror, shot some carb cleaner into the orifices... That seems to at least have gotten him to run for longer. Tried making him go on Saturday, finally got him to start and I got him out of the tent, JUST outside of extension cord range and he died. Gas down the air cleaner would bring him back for 10 seconds, so I figure it’s time for a carb cleaning.... BUT... I have no replacement gaskets for him and I need to move some dirt with the Unicorn (aka the Johnson 10 loader). Still can’t get him much up above idle before he starts missing and backfiring, but trying to dial in his carb doesn’t seem to help... it was a good time to change his oil tho, before I go to move dirt for LTGal’s garden beds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds identical to what my ‘66 110 was doing a few months back. Adjusting carb did practically nothing, so I cleaned the carb. That did nothing either. Turns out the coil was junk. Food for thought.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,797 Posts
Sounds identical to what my ‘66 110 was doing a few months back. Adjusting carb did practically nothing, so I cleaned the carb. That did nothing either. Turns out the coil was junk. Food for thought.
It's a good thought... I have to double-check tho, I know I bought a new coil, new spark plug wire and an electronic ignition kit from Kirk Engines for one of my two round fenders, and just an electronic ignition kit for the other (using the old coil), and do you think I can remember which one I put the new coil on? I'll have to pop out to the garage and check whether I put the new coil on my 110 or my 112.

·
Parts collector
3,339 Posts
The 318 would've beat the rain!!! :)
Ha ha I worked a 12hr day yesterday I was tired anyway. I pulled 12hrs again today so not happening today either. BUT I am going to put some sealer in the cracks of the 318 seat tonight so I don't get a wet rear mowing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Took the 445 out to the Mail Box. Hopefully the dealer will get my parts for the Mower Deck and then I can start cutting the old cow pasture. Weeds are starting to grow and need to be trimmed back.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,711 Posts
The oak tree Catkins (pollen distributing tails) drop this time of year in a density that begs Snow Fencing to keep them out of the garage. I use my leaf blower to blow them out of the garage, and off the driveway and cars, and tractor after a mow. This is one day of droppings from the turn-around area in front of my garage.

While trimming along my driveway, I spotted my neighbor in an epic struggle with his x595 Diesel tractor. I shut down my tractor and walked over carefully observing social distancing. He was in the middle of about a 20' diameter oil spill and muttering under his breath. He proceeded to tell me he had picked up filters and fluids to change engine oil and hydraulic fluids, and air filters too. He drained both engine oil and hydro fluid, change filters and closed up the drains (not noticing the front drains). Then he filled the engine in the top fill location on the engine. And, finally he filled the transaxle by pouring the hydro into the second fill cap near the back of the engine. I'm sure several of you know what came next. He started his tractor, and before moving it more than a couple feet the engine rejected the overfill in dramatic fashion. He was puzzled. I hated to be the bearer of bad news, but he had a double dose of lube in the engine, only half of which was the right stuff, and none in his transaxle. With the news, he determined that probably the wrong lube is what was rejected, and the engine should now be fine. He just needed to run back to the dealer and buy more hydro for the right fill under the seat.

It is my firm opinion that there ought to be a test and license before they sell tools to some folks. BTW, his well used, and frequently abused tractor does have a loader that I've offered to buy a few times. Maybe it will become available sooner than he thought. Although later this evening when I walked down for the mail, I saw him mowing, so some people just accomplish things in spite of themselves.

·
Parts collector
3,339 Posts
Ok so I seal the cracks on the seat for the 318 today. That's it no way after a 12hr work day I was mowing.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Made a crude, but effective, draw bar for my baby log splitter because I really need to get to work on those piles!

Splitter.1.jpg Splitter.2.jpg Splitter.5.jpg Splitter.4.jpg Splitter.3.jpg

10941 - 10960 of 11015 Posts