My Tractor Forum banner

10921 - 10940 of 11012 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
gotta say, these deckwheel brackets are a terrible design.
They are easily bent while mowing.
Must have sledged them back into place a half dozen times
I'm going to have to weld supports brackets to prevent that from happening again.
Challenge will be the side I replaced yesterday, being next to the grass chute

·
Super Moderator
28,806 Posts
Just got out and got the front yard mowed and 1 side and then started raining. Also pulled off the Loader and rear weight so I wouldn't sink into the ground like I did the last time!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Polished off cleaning all the wood up from dropping (6) 55+ year old Pine trees and a couple of Black Cherry Tops.

That pile is the result of this little 455 - continues to impress me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Used the 445 to move the Utility Trailer up to the barn for a restore. Need to replace the 2x8 deck planks and while they are off remove the rust and replace all the wiring and lights with new LED lights. Tractor pulls the 1000 pound biest around like it wasn't there. Love that old 445. Wish I could figure a way to pull the trailer with the 1026R without having to remove the iMatch or having to hook up to the three point.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Re-sealed the direction shaft into the trans today. Filled it back up, parked it in the barn. Will check tomorrow and see if it actually worked....

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
gotta say, these deckwheel brackets are a terrible design.
They are easily bent while mowing.
Must have sledged them back into place a half dozen times
I'm going to have to weld supports brackets to prevent that from happening again.
Challenge will be the side I replaced yesterday, being next to the grass chute
Some deere decks are tanks that take abuse and keep going, some fall apart with normal use,

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
mounted up the made to brinly spec forks to move a set of wooden steps, I was so busy with steps I forgot to take step pictures, they were so big I had to use a strap to lift far side of steps & X595 was lite in front end.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Reworked the wiring on a couple of aftermarket work lights on the NTM JD-2025R & added a chain box & tool box:
HPIM4388.JPG

HPIM4387.JPG

·
Registered
341 Posts

Drove up to Maine and tilled my Dad’s gardens. 9 hours in the old Ford and one hour of 425 seat time. I forgot my phone in the truck while up there so no pics of the gardens.

That tiller is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
908 Posts
Used my 455 with power flow for the second time this year.. seemed there was a lot more blow out under the right front edge of the deck then I remember.. then when I dumped the MCS the chute was full of clippings, so I figured I better investigate.. Dummy me had the belt from the PW to the pulley on the deck on backwards.. luckily its still a light cut of grass and not the heavy grass of summer yet. DOH!! .:confused::mad:

·
Premium Member
8,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Looks great! How do you get the dolly under the rear end of the log?
I had the same question - guessing he lifts one end with the 3-point hitch, puts the dolly under it, then lifts the other end and drives away.

Actually my first thought was "the Hulk lifts it and I put the dolly under" but let's not go there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks great! How do you get the dolly under the rear end of the log?

Mike
I had the same question - guessing he lifts one end with the 3-point hitch, puts the dolly under it, then lifts the other end and drives away.

Actually my first thought was "the Hulk lifts it and I put the dolly under" but let's not go there.

When working by myself, it was a bit time consuming.

I'd approach with the loader and then lift/curl the end and then put the back end of the log on the dolly. After slowly lowering the log on the dolly, I'd swing around the other end and hook up the 3ph.

Worked fairly well. Using the loader was also a good gauge on if the log was too heavy or not for the dolly.

All in all, still a heck of a lot easier than cutting into manageable chunks and man-handling up on a trailer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks to be the fixins for a fine bonfire
...and a heck of a party to go along with it. I'll be waiting until the end of winter (still some snow on the ground) so I don't light the neighborhood on fire

·
Super Moderator
28,806 Posts
Mounted the 4 way blade cylinders on my newly acquired project. View attachment 2457855
Took me a while to see that there is a hose end laying on the cylinder, I thought there was some sort of "T" coupler and that didn't make sense! Nice project machine, what are your plans for it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took me a while to see that there is a hose end laying on the cylinder, I thought there was some sort of "T" coupler and that didn't make sense! Nice project machine, what are your plans for it?
Sharp eye! There is a 'T'. PO added a 2nd cylinder to the angle adjustment. My plans are to keep fixing the bent/broken things until it's all functioning and then use it! So far I have; pressure washed it, changed filters and fluids, replaced the fuel shut off solenoid, applied 1 hood decal that came with it, painted the frame, painted the tower. Still chasing a delayed ground speed control on the hydro.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Used the 445 to move the Utility Trailer up to the barn for a restore. Need to replace the 2x8 deck planks and while they are off remove the rust and replace all the wiring and lights with new LED lights. Tractor pulls the 1000 pound biest around like it wasn't there. Love that old 445. Wish I could figure a way to pull the trailer with the 1026R without having to remove the iMatch or having to hook up to the three point.
I use a Heavy Hitch in my iMatch. Works very well and super easy to install.

10921 - 10940 of 11012 Posts