My Tractor Forum banner

10501 - 10520 of 11056 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Thinkin' about taking off the snowplow and getting the deck cleaned up and ready to fight grass again. But, I'm just thinkin' for now, crappy forecasts persist here, and I can't really get my heart into it at the moment. Maybe next week.... sigh

·
Registered
28 Posts
Broke the Agri Fab 44" sweeper in yesterday to clean up the winter debris. I have lots of oak trees on my property so leaves come down all winter and lots of sticks as well from all the species. I'd give the sweeper an A- cleaning up the leaves and a B cleaning up the sticks. I can't entirely fault it though because some of the sticks were depressed in the ground so they weren't going anywhere without a rake or picking them up. I pulled three hoppers full off the lawn and had to do minimal raking around the borders so I am happy with the purchase. It will probably work better in the fall too, when the grass is holding the leaves up more.

·
Super Moderator
29,013 Posts
Broke the Agri Fab 44" sweeper in yesterday to clean up the winter debris. I have lots of oak trees on my property so leaves come down all winter and lots of sticks as well from all the species. I'd give the sweeper an A- cleaning up the leaves and a B cleaning up the sticks. I can't entirely fault it though because some of the sticks were depressed in the ground so they weren't going anywhere without a rake or picking them up. I pulled three hoppers full off the lawn and had to do minimal raking around the borders so I am happy with the purchase. It will probably work better in the fall too, when the grass is holding the leaves up more.

View attachment 2450662

Leaves that have had time to partially decompose don't come up to easily with a lawn sweeper. I have an older version of same thing that I've had for 18 years or so, it still does a decent job. I do like your unload handle better, I have a rope that drops in the bin and catches grass being thrown in there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i tried to rebuild my starter on my jd 111 got it all together until the last spring for the brushes and it flung off somewhere into a black hole that is in my shop that devourers tools phones and various nuts and bolts and springs. the only way I can replace it is to buy a brush kit. i tried to go to a hardware store but the springs they had were to large.

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Nope, Letterman himself!

I do miss Super Dave Osborne, though.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
Had to take a pit stop today & plug a thorn hole on X595, broke link on the grubbing chain, one of my co-works said my "little" Deere would never brake a chain, I already sent him a pic.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nope, Letterman himself!

I do miss Super Dave Osborne, though.

Mike
Good job - I was only going on memory

This means I'm approaching 40 and am already starting to see the effects. :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Wish both the Super Dave Osborne show, as well as SCTV were being shown on tv still... John Candy played an awesome Tattoo on their Fantasy Island skits.

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
I feel your pain, just passed 51.

Of course, the good news is, I still remember seeing Super Dave on Letterman a whole bunch of times. Used to love him on Bizarre, too.

Letterman was also amazing, and will always be my favorite nighttime host. The Alka Seltzer suit was also memorable, but the Velcro was simply brilliant.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
29,013 Posts
That was why I couldn't remember just who did the stunt, I saw Super Dave do so many "interesting" things I just thought it was him.

So on the JD today I added this to the Little Buck Loader as I have some bushes and brush to clear. This is the BXpanded tooth bar. It is very heavily made and went on easily, the tools shown, minus the felt pen, were everything I used to put it on.

·
4,251 Posts
My 318 was starting to smoke on start up...then it was smoking when accelerating and engaging PTO it would shoot out a cloud...so I started pulling it apart....pulled the heads...despite a lot of caution I broke 2 bolts on one side and one on the other...I was really working them back and forth a little at a time..WD40, ATF with acetone, heat....thought I had teh first one and it snapped...same thing with the other 2...I think whoever might have worked on this previously might have started the bolts by hand and then use an impact gun without really having them in correctly..they were binding ...anyway I was expecting a nightmare with the cylinders...but the cylinders look and feel smooth...and I don't think there the rings are shot...but I took some pictures for some feedback...also was able to get the valve covers off...there was no clearance on any of the valves at all ...I did adjust them...whoever designed this engine did a lousy job...these are tough to access I have a valve spring compressor so I may take out the valves and look further.....the valves do look all carboned up so I just want to see if I can find a youtube showing the keepers, so I can see how to handle them and I don't lose them 😁 please let me know what you think

·
Parts collector
3,358 Posts
My 318 was starting to smoke on start up...then it was smoking when accelerating and engaging PTO it would shoot out a cloud...so I started pulling it apart....pulled the heads...despite a lot of caution I broke 2 bolts on one side and one on the other...I was really working them back and forth a little at a time..WD40, ATF with acetone, heat....thought I had teh first one and it snapped...same thing with the other 2...I think whoever might have worked on this previously might have started the bolts by hand and then use an impact gun without really having them in correctly..they were binding ...anyway I was expecting a nightmare with the cylinders...but the cylinders look and feel smooth...and I don't think there the rings are shot...but I took some pictures for some feedback...also was able to get the valve covers off...there was no clearance on any of the valves at all ...I did adjust them...whoever designed this engine did a lousy job...these are tough to access I have a valve spring compressor so I may take out the valves and look further.....the valves do look all carboned up so I just want to see if I can find a youtube showing the keepers, so I can see how to handle them and I don't lose them 😁 please let me know what you think
View attachment 2450845 View attachment 2450846 View attachment 2450847 View attachment 2450848 View attachment 2450849 View attachment 2450850
If you are going to take the valves loose lap them. ;)

·
4,251 Posts
Yeah...I have a lapping tool and some compound.....there is a shop not to far from me that still grinds valves...I can only find new intake...no exhausts....so I might have to have the grinding done.....just trying to figure out what is causing that carbon build up on the valves ...and the white smoke

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,811 Posts
You got egging of the cylinders beginning to show. Use a feeler guage on the bottom and the top and compare.

·
close enuff works for me
3,027 Posts
Split fire wood today ,nice weather 60 degrees. My home built splitter is installed on a 110 deere ,very handy to drive to the wood pile. It has a hydraulic lift on the back that works very well for logs up to 16" across. The 30" logs needed a little help ,new 1025 works great.
IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0610.JPG

10501 - 10520 of 11056 Posts