My Tractor Forum banner

10481 - 10500 of 11056 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I finished my cab removal project today. I really like the OTC cab quality, but I don't like the way it mounts to the foot rests. That was a real pain to install those lower brackets so I decided to leave them on the tractor. IT actually makes removing the cab a snap. Probably 10-20 minutes to take it off now that I have done it once. My wife was concerned about the exposed metal brackets so I put some pipe insulation on both sides. I have the hard windshield with the electric wiper. When I installed it I put a mid line connector on so it would not hinder the removal of the cab. You can see it tied to one of the posts. Then I put some wheels that I had lying around on a light weight pallet for storage. Makes moving around a snap. View attachment 2449982 View attachment 2449983 View attachment 2449983
I did the same thing last year but I didn't think of the foam. Great idea! This year I hope to hang the OTC over the walk behind Ariens in the back corner of the shed.

·
Intermediate MTF Member
102 Posts
Broke my 316 Onan out of hibernation yesterday, running on one cylinder and not charging. Gotta love what happens to these tractors when they are not touched for months.

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
With more rain on the way in central Ohio today & all weekend, So I came home & used the X595 the clear more debris from the area until the rain hit, I know this area looks bad, by this time next year it will be pretty again. My X595 was in 4x4 more than 2x4. & a pic of one of my mud paths.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,720 Posts
I've got an ornamental Japanese SilverBell tree in front of my house. It grows mad branches every summer, and every late winter I prune it back hard. My wife often projects that I've killed it, but I haven't I prefer it not get taller than my house, not rub my siding, not crowd out other plantings. So, this week, while on virtual lock-down, I pruned three JD 15S carts packed full and tied down out of this tree. The ATV was handier than the x728 for pulling duties, but the cart tracks nice behind either:

Of course, Scout is on lock-down too. Still loving the Marvin pole pruner with tri-cut saw and loping Marvin head. Snip, snip, snip

·
Registered
910 Posts
Started the switch over today with the X748.. I figure I’ll need the FEL first for cleaning up the lawn and we’re planning on doing our own mulch this year.. took off the cab and put the unloaded HDAPS back on as they’re much gentler in the lawn than the R4s.. I’ll get to the loader tomorrow maybe.. The 455 will stay in winter mode for a few more weeks, just in case, but I doubt I’ll need it much.
EE9FEBF3-9F01-427E-9A7C-B2F4B1EE1F45.jpeg
EEE8F308-71C8-4078-9D0C-83CC5A63FE6A.jpeg

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
Grabbed a pallet with the Grapple on the X595 & pushed loose debris into a pile to carry off, I used a snowblade a few years ago & it seems like too much debris ether came over the blade or my head would get hit by branches whipping around.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've got an ornamental Japanese SilverBell tree in front of my house. It grows mad branches every summer, and every late winter I prune it back hard. My wife often projects that I've killed it, but I haven't I prefer it not get taller than my house, not rub my siding, not crowd out other plantings. So, this week, while on virtual lock-down, I pruned three JD 15S carts packed full and tied down out of this tree. The ATV was handier than the x728 for pulling duties, but the cart tracks nice behind either:

View attachment 2450176

Of course, Scout is on lock-down too. Still loving the Marvin pole pruner with tri-cut saw and loping Marvin head. Snip, snip, snip
Nice work! The Japanese with take over quickly if you let them. What make is the atv? I find I use mine for trailer duty more than the tractors..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Grabbed a pallet with the Grapple on the X595 & pushed loose debris into a pile to carry off, I used a snowblade a few years ago & it seems like too much debris ether came over the blade or my head would get hit by branches whipping around. View attachment 2450181
I really like this idea!

Helps save the grill too

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,720 Posts
Nice work! The Japanese with take over quickly if you let them. What make is the atv? I find I use mine for trailer duty more than the tractors..
It's a 2002 Bombardier XT650. Bombardier now markets under the name CanAm. This old fellow is a stout worker with a big fat Rotax engine. The transmission is a CVT with a low-range forward and the usual forward, reverse and park positions. I am constantly amazed at how this old engine starts up with a little choke and a burp on the ignition.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I pulled the chains and wheel weights and put the loader. Used it to clean up some lawn debris then pushed some dirt and rocks around to make a trail for the kids ATV. Couldn’t resist a photo opp with the puppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
X595 hour meter hit 200 hours ( engine has tick over 600 hours) , changed engine oil, transaxle fluid, greased chassis, sprayed seat with silicone, glad I have arm rest to help keep me in the seat.

·
Registered
346 Posts
X595 hour meter hit 200 hours ( engine has tick over 600 hours) , changed engine oil, transaxle fluid, greased chassis, sprayed seat with silicone, glad I have arm rest to help keep me in the seat. View attachment 2450507
Why did you spray the seat with silicone?

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
Why did you spray the seat with silicone?

All the yard work I’ve been doing, I’ve been on and off the seat a bunch, just helps me to slide of easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
228 Posts
As hilly as my property is, I want my fanny stuck to the seat. Some times I miss the older seats with the cloth coverings instead of this slick plastic, maybe Velcro is in my future😁

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
As hilly as my property is, I want my fanny stuck to the seat. Some times I miss the older seats with the cloth coverings instead of this slick plastic, maybe Velcro is in my future😁
Sounds like this is what you need...

Who remembers this classic moment???

Mike

089fcee975281e34cd916723b9487280.jpg

·
Registered
864 Posts
Pulled a pine tree i just cut down. These Kenda's have great traction.

·
Super Moderator
29,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Pretty sure it was Letterman

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
X595, Ohio Steel trailer & myself still clearing the property

10481 - 10500 of 11056 Posts