My Tractor Forum banner

10461 - 10480 of 11458 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,262 Posts
Rebuilt a couple spindles last night.... I think this bearing was shot......

·
Super Moderator
13,262 Posts
What machine? What deck?
This was off a 46”deck off a 318 from a group of decks and tractors I bought last summer. Finally getting around to moving and checking all these parts.

·
Super Moderator
29,975 Posts
Picked up my Little Buck Loader!!

·
Premium Member
6,484 Posts
X595 got refueled today, 13.7 hours of use & 5 gallons of Diesel Fuel. I obviously don't run engine at 3200 RPM

·
Registered
925 Posts
Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Premium Member
6,484 Posts
just curious.. how long between fill ups? I never keep track, but I swear I go 6 months or more between fill ups. Love the red cap!
I think only 2-3 times a year, however, I’ve been working almost nonstop clearing off a place for new trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
What RPM do you guys run to mow? And, then how many hours can you get from a tank?

·
5,112 Posts
Stopped my hemming and hawing and removed the deck and tried to line up the subframe to mount FEL......as you will see, I have a few problems to overcome

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Can't wait to see your solution! What's your FEL designed to fit?

Mike

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mark, I started my FEL build on a 318. I tacked up the beginning of a subframe that would clear the mower deck. I still have them. I can take some pics if you would like. I don’t know if they would fit your loader.

If you think they would work I’ll make you a **** of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,112 Posts
I traded for a a Cub Cadet that I had...the guy told me the loader came off this 318...I knew it didn't...so it will take a little welding...I am just not a very good welder myself...despite years of doing it

·
5,112 Posts
Mark, I started my FEL build on a 318. I tacked up the beginning of a subframe that would clear the mower deck. I still have them. I can take some pics if you would like. I don’t know if they would fit your loader.

If you think they would work I’ll make you a **** of a deal.

I took the mower off...I just want a dedicated loader with Power Steering...if I don't get it on here I will put it on my Sunstar...I lke Simplicity ...use a Broadmoor for mowing ...it does a really nice job...if you would post a picture or 2 it might give me some ideas...I would appreciate that...are you giving up on yours?

·
Super Moderator
29,975 Posts
Well you will have to find some others to help here, I've never installed a Kwik Way loader before.
Stopped my hemming and hawing and removed the deck and tried to line up the subframe to mount FEL......as you will see, I have a few problems to overcome
Oh boy, this is going to be fun, get the case of beer and stools, we want to watch!!!!!

·
5,112 Posts
I can cut off part of that right brake pedal and take that tab that connects the 2 pedals and turn it around and put it on the left pedal and forget about the brake turn feature...I don't use it anyway...the tractor slows down and stops very well without it and with the power steering, turning is not a problem......I am just thinking of cutting the bottom bracket off the subframe and welding it back on lower so it will surround the axle...that will take care of that end...then I will have to drill a decent size hole on each side through the tractor frame to attach the subframe...and then it looks like I will have to add some 1/4 or 5/16ths at the front so the brackets that come down at an angle have a place to attach...with that in place I can figure out where to mount the pump...putting it where PA318Gu has his looks like a good spot and enables the use of the mule drive for tension.....the pumps are available in CCW and CW so I can get it up a little higher......that is contingent upon whether the belt will get past the cross member that the towers sit on.....there is really not much room forward of that position for it someone suggested making a frame for it to go where the mule hitch belongs, but then there is no way of loosening or tightening it that would work well...it will all work out fine.....eventually

·
Parts collector
3,442 Posts
If it's not raining again tomorrow I'm going to dig into the tank of the 332 and find out why it's not getting fuel. All this laying in the recliner netflix binging my back feels better. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mark, I will try to dig the parts out of my scrap pile and take some pics. I suggest starting a new thread to keep the discussion focused.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Pulled the snow blower and OTC cab off my X500. Brand new Cab this year and only used it once. There now I have gone and jinxed us !

IMG_6219.jpeg

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Thanks for trying, but you're probably too late...

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I finished my cab removal project today. I really like the OTC cab quality, but I don't like the way it mounts to the foot rests. That was a real pain to install those lower brackets so I decided to leave them on the tractor. IT actually makes removing the cab a snap. Probably 10-20 minutes to take it off now that I have done it once. My wife was concerned about the exposed metal brackets so I put some pipe insulation on both sides. I have the hard windshield with the electric wiper. When I installed it I put a mid line connector on so it would not hinder the removal of the cab. You can see it tied to one of the posts. Then I put some wheels that I had lying around on a light weight pallet for storage. Makes moving around a snap.
IMG_6223.jpeg
IMG_6222.jpeg
IMG_6222.jpeg

10461 - 10480 of 11458 Posts