My Tractor Forum banner

10221 - 10240 of 10308 Posts
2,239 Posts
I mounted the cab I picked up. I wired the wiper and the little electric heater that came with it. The heater was not mounted when I got it. I am trying to decide where to put it. Seems like having it blow on the windshield as a defroster would make the most sense. Where do you guys with heaters have yours mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use a golf cart heater called Mr. Heater for $80 on Amazon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Been getting a lot of use. I think I’ve used this more this season than last year. I still keep my eyes out for a nice 400 series. I also want to make something to store the cab this year.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Been getting a lot of use. I think I’ve used this more this season than last year. I still keep my eyes out for a nice 400 series. I also want to make something to store the cab this year.

I like your shed setup!

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
I drove the X720 around a few days ago, today I finally covered it back up.

·
2,890 Posts
Getting familiar with the 318...went to change the oil today...had to jack it up onto stands to get a catch pan underneath...at which point I found the source of the transmission fluid leak...the hose was all dried out and cracked...I have a spool of 1/4 inch fuel line, so I just used that to replace it ( if anyone thinks that is going to create a problem please let me know) ..made a mess with the oil...bad design...so I found an old galvanized 3/8" 6"nipple and elbow in my collection of crap that I can't live without... and won't make a mess next time...I watched a video by Mr. Beef....who suggested getting a price from JD for the filters...they were a lot less than Amazon or Ebay...I have to change the trans fluid next...anyone have a suggestion for a fluid?...or just use that JD stuff?

Voltage regulator....battery light staying on...so I am tracking down the problem

·
motorcycle cowboy
828 Posts
No pictures, but I got to try out my Innovative grapple today. That thing is a lot of fun to use!

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's Got Smaht Pahk!!
Not quite. When I installed the wheel weights I cut the threaded rod 5/8” too long and they stuck out proud of the weights. I caught one on the inside corner of one of the doors and broke off a small chunk the first time I drove in. When I had the tractor in the garage to install the cab I took the time to remove the weights and trim the studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
872 Posts
Finally got the 51” broom back together with new seals and bearings... and no more leaks! Got a Copy of the manual and realized I wasn’t set up correctly at all.. wheels up and just sweeping was all wrong... took the time to adjust the height of the wheels right and learn how it’s supposed to work. Now I’ll be ready the next dusting to give it a shakedown.. which means we won’t see snow for weeks.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,461 Posts
Finally got the 51” broom back together with new seals and bearings... and no more leaks! Got a Copy of the manual and realized I wasn’t set up correctly at all.. wheels up and just sweeping was all wrong... took the time to adjust the height of the wheels right and learn how it’s supposed to work. Now I’ll be ready the next dusting to give it a shakedown.. which means we won’t see snow for weeks.
Where is the pics of the work and the final product?

·
Super Moderator
26,914 Posts
Glad you got it back together again, we'll of course want some video of the result!

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
Now I’ll be ready the next dusting to give it a shakedown.. which means we won’t see snow for weeks.
Well, no. My wife is flying out to Florida next week so that is when the storm will hit. Glad you got it working correctly and I can't wait to see it in action. I will live vicariously through you as I don't think I want to invest the space or means for that contraption.

·
Super Moderator
26,914 Posts

·
That Guy
1,044 Posts
That beer disappeared pretty quick between photos! :)
That was actually the last photo taken! I had already taken all the photos I'd needed and got the idea to re-do the bucket shot with the Narragansett. 👍😂

Snapchat-1916200600.jpg

10221 - 10240 of 10308 Posts