My Tractor Forum banner

10201 - 10220 of 10222 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I mounted the cab I picked up. I wired the wiper and the little electric heater that came with it. The heater was not mounted when I got it. I am trying to decide where to put it. Seems like having it blow on the windshield as a defroster would make the most sense. Where do you guys with heaters have yours mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nice job on the cab, looks great! The first time you’re out there in the wind and snow, you’ll question your sanity for doubting you really needed one. They truly make the job fun.
I’ve never hooked up my heater.. I’m usually dressed warm enough, including a heated jacket if needed, that I’ve not missed it.. and yeah that might falll under the same category are the cab.. but I work outside year round and tend to ignore the cold. I was always concerned about making it too warm and having the windshield fog and frost over. I wonder if that’s something others with heat deal with?

·
Premium Member
7,956 Posts
Cab looks fantastic, turbo! Can't help you with the heater, all my cabs are 3-sided vinyl / glorified shields.

Mike

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,736 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Me Beef, it looks like if you point the chute high enough you might be able to blow that snow to us here in New England!

·
Premium Member
9,301 Posts
People like to think they are going to cash in on the 80s, but those ads are often up for months or more.

·
Super Moderator
26,653 Posts
Nice cart, looks like it wasn't left outside too long with back of the cart in the ground or there'd be more rust. Definitely a candidate for keeping original. No idea on year though, I've never seen anything on year only brass or non-brass tags.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Getting ready for the minus 1 tonight I removed the 3 inches of wet snow from last nights flurries.Down to dry pavement

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hahaha - same here - dragged my butt out of bed at 5 AM, cleaned about 2" of wet snow from my drive, two neighbors, and all the mailboxes.

·
Premium Member
9,301 Posts
We had a 2 hr delay so I used the X748 and 47 blower to clear about 4" of wet snow before school, then when I got home I used the X585 and CTA 66" blade to clean up the slush in the driveway, parking area and push the bank back at the mailbox. Still a lot of slush on the stone dust grive. I'm still getting the hang of plowing without digging when the ground is thawed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow Steve, we only had an inch of slush when I got up at 6. Total disappointment! By lunch it was washed off the driveway by the rain. This winter has been such a let down.

I had around 4” of height to spare driving into the shed. Not enough to mount the strobe I was considering on top.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I was right about in the middle with about 2-1/2” of slush. I pity anyone that doesn’t clean up before it freezes solid..

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had the fraternal twins out today. Not a ton of snow, but enough to have to use the blower!

·
Premium Member
7,956 Posts
Wow, those are some great pics! Nice property you have there.

Mike

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,433 Posts
Since last Sunday, clearing around 6" of snow total in 2 seperate days, looks like Mother Nature intends to tease us with another 1" tonight and 1" Monday and 1" Tuesday. Is she really trying to **** men with machines off?????.

·
Registered
262 Posts
MIS, what do you consider enough to need the blower? I love to plow up to at least 6”. I have plowed 12” with my 425 and I enjoyed that. My only challenge is the slope in front of my garage.

·
Premium Member
9,301 Posts
As many of you know, I got the CTA 66" plow for Christmas. Boy was that a good decision. Almost every storm is a couple of inches, and often wet. I've only had the Deere 47 blower out 3 times. The plow has definitely been the right tool this year.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow, those are some great pics! Nice property you have there.

Mike
Thanks, Mikeinri
The funny thing is that it's most of the reason why we got into the 4x5 series - couldn't get by without them.

Since last Sunday, clearing around 6" of snow total in 2 seperate days, looks like Mother Nature intends to tease us with another 1" tonight and 1" Monday and 1" Tuesday. Is she really trying to **** men with machines off?????.
It's been a little b**** of a winter. Nothing really substantial, and getting teased here and there

MIS, what do you consider enough to need the blower? I love to plow up to at least 6”. I have plowed 12” with my 425 and I enjoyed that. My only challenge is the slope in front of my garage.

Around 5" plus.......but it's a long explanation.

We live on about a 1/4 mile 2-track (driveway) with a cement driveway in front of the house . The 2-track is old and the wheel tracks are beat down compared to sides/lawn.

When the ground is frozen - no problem. But when it's been freeze/thaw all winter, then I can't engage the blower in a scraping fashion or use the blade.

So - I use the blower with about a 1.5" gap off the ground and then use the blade up on the cement near the house.

When the frost hasn't set in, and If it's less than 5" or so, we just beat down the snow with the Jeeps. Anything above that - I take the blower to it.

10201 - 10220 of 10222 Posts