My Tractor Forum banner

10181 - 10200 of 10222 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
A spinner is must have even with power steering. Especially with us guys with dash hydro levers.

·
Premium Member
9,301 Posts
I'll admit, I kind of find the spinner a nuisance. My 318 came with one and I won't remove it, but I could certainly live without it.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,588 Posts
I love a spinner, lets me steer, hydro lever raise and angle, foot forward/reverse, and when necessary Diff Lock all at the same time. I push a lot of snow (well did in past winters) and find that as I push from asphalt onto to lawn, I like to feather the the blade up to avoid lawn damage. I also plow a couple driveway intersections and change angle to keep spill snow off the other route. I admit to finding it very handy when mowing, and when backing up with a cart or trailer when I am turned around (don't trust the mirrors I don't have).

And finally, with the grapple, I am constantly raising, grabbing, forwarding and backwarding, and of course steering all at the same time. Of course my x728 has power steering, so it is not like I need the leverage assist, but when I am maneuvering in tight quarters, and turning more than one rotation, the spinner affords the no re-grip that is very handy.

My Advice Sirs (and Ladies) - Don't leave the Garage without one!

·
Parts collector
2,955 Posts
My son and I tore into the injectors on the 332 and got them replaced. 2 were lose at the return bodies. Doesn't fire. I pulled the fuel feed line and even though the elec pump is running there is no fuel. My back was hurting too bad to do anymore. Time to pull the line from the tank and see if it has fuel or if the tank is blocked up. I guess the injection pump was pulling enough fuel to make it sputter with the old injectors. Not with the new ones. I found out today that my MRI reviled I have a ruptured disc in my lower back. I have arthritis also in my lower back. That's what is causing the sciatica. 😢

·
Premium Member
6,166 Posts
Sad day, removed Grapple from X595 & installed snow blade, pushed melting snow off concrete & sidewalk for it wouldn't refreeze. the grapple looks so lifeless sitting there

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Burned300...No pictures of the snow pushing this am?

·
Parts collector
2,955 Posts
Ordered a new fuel pump for the 332. Should be here today. Then it's make the kid put it on and check fuel flow from the tank. he he he........... Or he has to shovel the 200' driveway if it snows. LOL............. ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
First decent snow of the year. Seems like I've been doing more scraping this year than plowing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,166 Posts
Burned300...No pictures of the snow pushing this am?
No picture, slush just not too exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
262 Posts
I mounted the cab I picked up. I wired the wiper and the little electric heater that came with it. The heater was not mounted when I got it. I am trying to decide where to put it. Seems like having it blow on the windshield as a defroster would make the most sense. Where do you guys with heaters have yours mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Parts collector
2,955 Posts
nice cab. (y)

I would put a diverter on the heater and blow it at your feet and the windshield both.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I mounted the cab I picked up. I wired the wiper and the little electric heater that came with it. The heater was not mounted when I got it. I am trying to decide where to put it. Seems like having it blow on the windshield as a defroster would make the most sense. Where do you guys with heaters have yours mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mounted my heater by my left knee. The heater has louvers to adjust the air flow in different directions but where its mounted the air doesnt really reach the windshield. I bought one of those little fans like a school bus has to keep the window clear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,301 Posts
Turbo the Femco cab looks great. Once you have a cab you will never want to move snow without one again.

Today my little Craftsman DYS4500 got the call. With the suitcase weights on the back of the X's I can't hook up my sander. The Craftsman fired right up and evenly sanded my 600' driveway which is all ice after last week's slush. Tomorrow's rain is going to make the driveway treacherous, the sand should make it so you can at least walk on it.

·
Super Moderator
13,204 Posts
Spent about 3 hrs blowing and blading snow. Mrs. Beef took a crack at the 4066R and blower.

·
Registered
183 Posts
After a year or so of scouring the interwebs, I found a local, cheap 80 cart for sale. Guy was liquidating an estate and had it part of a "package deal" with a rough looking 322. I asked him how much he wanted for the cart and he threw out a price and I ran over there ASAP.

Pretty good overall shape. Some surface rust, but doesn't appear too bad. Tailgate isn't rotted through, or roached out or anything.

Any idea of the year from the serial/stickers?

My only dilemma now is i I should take a shot at restoring it, or keep it as original as possible and just use it.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Parts collector
2,955 Posts
10181 - 10200 of 10222 Posts