My Tractor Forum banner

10161 - 10180 of 10291 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,624 Posts
I think Burned got one for that price too and his is missing the tail gate too. Its a shame there's no tail gate. They are selling for as high as $650.
Great I have 4 with tailgates and 1 is a genuine Brass Tag 4 for $2500 LOL

·
Registered
871 Posts
Boy.. you can tell it’s that time of the year.. chirp chirp.. not much snow flying, no gardening, not much grass to cut.. the toys... err tractors are just sitting there waiting like us.

Meanwhile I tackled a project on my 51” broom. I bought it a few years ago, and have only used it 4-5 times. I break it out once or twice a winter just to justify keeping it...lol. It actually is quite useful when there’s only an inch or so of water logged slop on the driveway. Last time I used it I noticed the gearbox was getting warm. When I got it I verified it was full of oil, but basically haven’t serviced it..I know.. so I bring it in an check, it’s dry, so I fill it.. uh ho... got a leaker. Hard to tell as the gearbox is buried in the bristles but looks like the bottom gasket. Surprisingly JD still has it and get a new gasket in a couple days. Pull the bottom off and it’s nice and thick..

Unfortunately still had dripping oil, so that means I needed to dig into it. Ripped it apart and sure enough has a gasket weeping.. noticed a couple bearing looking iffy, so ordered a bunch of parts from JD.. the gearbox seems fairly smooth, shouldn’t need to dig deeper.. so hopefully by next week it should be good to go.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought a Curtis cab today. It’s not perfect, but all there. I will need to modify it to work with my loader. It even came with a heater.
If I had to explain all my purchases, I would blame MTF! Pics to follow as I make progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
I bought a Curtis cab today. It’s not perfect, but all there. I will need to modify it to work with my loader. It even came with a heater.
NOW you're thinking!!!

Mike

·
Registered
833 Posts
Boring and wet past weekends. Just moved and split some firewood.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cruddy weather and waiting for parts that were “In Stock”... well until I completed the order. Then it was 2 weeks out. Then an update email. They are expecting them now February 12th! Not happy with Jacks Small Engines.

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
Boring and wet past weekends. Just moved and split some firewood.

View attachment 2445078 View attachment 2445077
That's been the story of my life pretty much every weekend in January. Still have more to do, and yet another wet weekend this weekend.

Cruddy weather and waiting for parts that were “In Stock”... well until I completed the order. Then it was 2 weeks out. Then an update email. They are expecting them now February 12th! Not happy with Jacks Small Engines.
I've had that same problem with a number of online vendors over the years. Extremely frustrating when you need a machine back in action quickly.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
26,849 Posts
Got new Ag's mounted to rims and loaded with Rimguard getting ready for plow days! Bought Artego tires from Millers, haven't mounted them on the machine yet to see what they are like for height, tread is set like Carlisle Super Lugs which always did well for me.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Pictures?

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
It was 61 degrees in central Ohio, I had to think up something to do, drove the X595 on my trails that the deers walk, that was a mistake, the ground /mud was so soft back there I left my Deere tracks. Pulled the rolled up & down the center hump of the driveway with the X720, the 720 hasn't done anything besides cutting grass & collect leaves since 2016.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am really disappointed with all theses rain storms. We only got one snow storm in January! Central Mass should have at least a couple feet by now. I have higher hopes for February but we aren’t off to a good start.
I’m tempted to take down my neighbors dead apple tree just to have an excuse to play with the tractor and saw.

·
Premium Member
9,310 Posts
The X585 with CTA 66" plow is earning it's keep. We had 3 inches of snow, then sleet and freezing rain. I don't know what the model 47 blower would have done with this slop but the blade was the best tool for today. I cleared some before school, taking advantage of a 2 hr delay, then tidied things up when I got home. The snow banks had been disappearing but they got a boost from this storm.

Turbo, as far as Central Mass snow, I got 2 feet from that first storm in December. Not much since though.

·
motorcycle cowboy
826 Posts
FedEx delivered my Innovative Grapple today. I installed that and it works great. No actual work with it yet as we've a ton of rain this week and it's just too wet to get out and run the tractor. Marcus asked me to not post any pictures due to patent issues and I will respect his wishes. He stole my thunder!! I also installed a genuine 24 LED flashing light, amber in color.

·
Premium Member
9,310 Posts
School was canceled and we only got 1/4” of ice.

I will say, that little storm hit at the worst possible time. Even after our delay the roads were terrible. Fortunately I have a quiet 6 mile commute. I guess the interstates were bad too, 3 hours from the NH line to Boston.

·
Registered
871 Posts
It’s crazy what a difference a few miles make, Steve. Only an inch this morning of sleet/snow .. got it with the blower, but it left a lot behind as it wanted to climb on top. Hoping for it to melt, but no luck. Went out tonight and scrapped up the rest. It would have been a good test for the broom, but still waiting on parts.

I though the Old Farmers Almanac predicted a snowy winter, but it’s been a bust so far.

I gotta admit, I never thought much about a spinner for the steering wheel, but after the X came with one and I realized what I’d been missing I bought one for the 455.. sometimes I’m not too smart...lol

2,239 Posts
It’s crazy what a difference a few miles make, Steve. Only an inch this morning of sleet/snow .. got it with the blower, but it left a lot behind as it wanted to climb on top. Hoping for it to melt, but no luck. Went out tonight and scrapped up the rest. It would have been a good test for the broom, but still waiting on parts.

I though the Old Farmers Almanac predicted a snowy winter, but it’s been a bust so far.

I gotta admit, I never thought much about a spinner for the steering wheel, but after the X came with one and I realized what I’d been missing I bought one for the 455.. sometimes I’m not too smart...lol

I thought those machines have power steering. I guess you just want to use a finger or two to steer them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
With all those curves around beds in your lawn you will love a spinner. I use it the most mowing.

10161 - 10180 of 10291 Posts