My Tractor Forum banner

10081 - 10100 of 12335 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,938 Posts
Honda, came off of a 5518. Not sure if they did it themselves or re-branded one. It is painted black though! Guy told me that it won't accept JD Green paint; we'll see about that!!! ?

Got this in Elizabethtown, PA. Daryl has a nice landscaping and GT sales and service shop there called Ruhl's Repair. Told him about MTF so maybe he'll jump on as a member. Really nice people!

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Wonder if Honda made it themselves?

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,614 Posts
Sir, You are correct.. the GMC will move a lot of snow, in fact I used to have a plow on it.. It saw a lot of use in the winter of 2015.. we got 7' (feet) of snow in a matter of weeks and I literally ran out of room to push it,
I think that winter convinced me to get the 4wd X748, even though my trusty Craftsman YT and Berco Northeast blower performed admirably. Also, I believe that was the year everyone on my street has leaks in the ceiling from the enormous ice dams we all had on the roof. The houses were all built by the same builder and they all leaked around the plumbing stack when the snow melt pooled up there. If you could actually get a roof clearing company to answer their phone they were quoting time frames in weeks to come shovel. Fortunately I had a construction friend who I used for occasional carpentry jobs around the house who was making big money clearing roofs and he was able to get here the next day.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Oh yeah. I have a special file for those pics. LOL. We didnt escape the ice dams.. I was 2 stories up with a sledge hammer.. and yes that’s a shopping cart at the top of that pile
B6ADB17A-9E36-4EC6-A639-1B04BFB6E15E.jpeg
EBD6D591-B944-4954-B1C3-7E41FE1AB080.jpeg
1C3C5A2A-A461-4146-B6F7-6C8CA8AEE491.jpeg
19424CE1-BF58-4300-88E7-0289619E3B23.jpeg
B6ADB17A-9E36-4EC6-A639-1B04BFB6E15E.jpeg
EBD6D591-B944-4954-B1C3-7E41FE1AB080.jpeg
1C3C5A2A-A461-4146-B6F7-6C8CA8AEE491.jpeg
19424CE1-BF58-4300-88E7-0289619E3B23.jpeg

Reactions: Merc1973
3,168 Posts
Honda, came off of a 5518. Not sure if they did it themselves or re-branded one. It is painted black though! Guy told me that it won't accept JD Green paint; we'll see about that!!! ?

Got this in Elizabethtown, PA. Daryl has a nice landscaping and GT sales and service shop there called Ruhl's Repair. Told him about MTF so maybe he'll jump on as a member. Really nice people!
You live near Ruhl's Repair? They have a nice website. It looks like they sell good quality used tractors.

·
Super Moderator
31,938 Posts
I live close to Titusville, PA, so about a 4 hr. drive to Elizabethtown for me. He did have some nice used machines out front, mostly Zero Turns and new JD"s. He handles Honda as well and has a couple nice Honda GT's there.

·
Registered
521 Posts
That was my first winter in this house. My last house had a tiny driveway so I had an Aries 524 walk behind. I felt like I brought a plastic butter knife to a gun fight. I had to snow blow banks because the blower wouldn’t throw over them in places. That’s when I started my GT journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I'm now a 80 cart owner, its rough, I've seen worse. I'll need a tailgate

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,938 Posts
Darrin, congrats on the 80, has some "added" features but really not in too bad of shape. I saw a tailgate on eBay a while ago but I suspect not there anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
The added features helped load it, the seller said he had wooden stake side years ago. now I just need to know the year it was made

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
UPS delivered a care package today, bought everything on sale of course

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I'm now a 80 cart owner, its rough, I've seen worse. I'll need a tailgate
This is my worse, BUT I'll give ya yours is worse LOL I at least have a tailgate.

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I would like a tail gate!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
More Quality time with my 112, I install my new "no-name" brand voltage regulator, it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
Took the rear tires off the X748 to finally get them loaded with Rimguard. Dropped them at the local Orange Dealer yesterday as I had issues the last time I took set to JD.. They said about a week, which was fine, but they called today and they're ready! .. Maybe they want those **** yellow rims off the property! LOL!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Forest, is that Pete’s? I had their Shrewsbury store fill my hdap’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
981 Posts
Nope.. I used Toreku Tractor in Ayer (Kubota dealer).. only 15 minutes or so from the house. I went to the Rimguard site and looked for dealers and they came up. Very helpful and friendly so far.. tho a bit of ribbing about having yellow rims..LOL!! I grew up with a pair of Kubota B6000s on the farm and we beat the ever loving daylights out of them for years and they kept on trucking, I remember being the human ballast and riding on the hood to keep the front down as my Dad hauled firewood out of the woods...

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
The used grille came today for my 112,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
What did I do today? Plowed 7 inches of wet heavy snow with the X500, 48" blade and HD tires, no chains. Did well but on the 90' straight away, had to do a herring bone plow pattern. I do turning pushes to one side then the other. Just too heavy to push all straight like I normally can.

Took about an hour and a half, during which time, the snow turned to drizzle...oh joy! Could feel the snow getting heavier by the minute, so happy I got on it just before the snow quit.

Now, supposed to continue with rain/drizzle until night, then gets cold with flurries tomorrow. All the piles I made, some 3 feet high, and really deep, will all be be glacial hard by morning. That's why I over push the edge of the road by a couple feet. Leaves some room for another push or two if it snows again.

This is the first plowable snow since November in SE Mich.

Now some hot coffee and relax until the power goes off due to ice, and I have to pull the generator out.

Yeeee Haaa!!

10081 - 10100 of 12335 Posts