My Tractor Forum banner

10061 - 10080 of 12335 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,614 Posts
Steve,

Great looking blade. Is your driveway black top clear out to the road?
No, the parking areas near the house and the circular drive are paved. The long 500' run to the street is stone dust.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Geesh, we all love our tractors, but if I had a 500’ driveway I would have a plow on my pickup. Pickups come from the factory with heated cabs and radios....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,614 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,905 Posts
Before the snow forecast, I moved some wood to firewood processing location:

My GoPro battery died, so I just did a manual iPhone video of the transport:

Reactions: FTWingRiders

·
Registered
981 Posts
Geesh, we all love our tractors, but if I had a 500’ driveway I would have a plow on my pickup. Pickups come from the factory with heated cabs and radios....

Um... but wheres the fun of that?!? And you’ve seen my driveway... LOL!!

·
Premium Member
9,614 Posts
Um... but wheres the fun of that?!? And you’ve seen my driveway... LOL!!
Right on, Forrest! Further, the snowblower hurls the snow to places where it won't be a problem later in the season, and I like the marks the snow makes on the trees as I pass by.

Reactions: FTWingRiders

·
Registered
521 Posts
Forest, I have also seen your pickup and I can assure you that would plow some serious snow.

I learned to drive at 10 years old plowing snow where I grew up in central Maine. We got an average of 100” per year. When I started we had a Willys Jeep. It was a total POS, but it was a way better plow than my 425. I loved it. I only remember one storm it wouldn’t push, but that was 26” over night.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Forest, I have also seen your pickup and I can assure you that would plow some serious snow.

I learned to drive at 10 years old plowing snow where I grew up in central Maine. We got an average of 100” per year. When I started we had a Willys Jeep. It was a total POS, but it was a way better plow than my 425. I loved it. I only remember one storm it wouldn’t push, but that was 26” over night.

The willys must have been a hoot..

?Sir, You are correct.. the GMC will move a lot of snow, in fact I used to have a plow on it.. It saw a lot of use in the winter of 2015.. we got 7' (feet) of snow in a matter of weeks and I literally ran out of room to push it, then the next summer is when we finished the addition and barn and had all the landscaping done with irrigation and yard lighting so I got to thinking.. I didn't want to dig up the aforementioned new lawn with a big plow and that started me down the slippery slopes of JD GT's with nice big snowblowers. The 455/54" blower is what works best for ME... It actually takes about the same hour that it took with the truck, (I'm OCD when it comes to my driveway and I spent a lot of time turning the truck around to make nice neat piles of snow ? ), plus I can keep throwing the snow up and over without digging up the lawn. Of course, there are times I miss the truck with heat and a radio and I could make a couple quick swipes if I'm in a hurry... I kept the plow for a few years, but it sat untouched in the barn so I sold it. The plow on my X748 is only used when theres only an inch or so, or as back up if the blower went down during a storm, moving a big snow with only the blade on the X would be last resort.. in fact I'd probably list that as third option behind my 26" tracked snowblower for a decent snowfall. Not to say a GT with a plow isn't a decent set up.. a lot of people only have the plow and do very well with it... thinking of Jere and his driveway..

Don't you have a blower? I think that would work well for your driveway, especially down by your garage doors.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
With a possible 2" of rain on the way I pulled this log out of my creek. I used a chain to get it up to the driveway, then carried it off with grapple. the water level went down 6" after this log & other debris was removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
I bought a grapple a few years ago, but haven't used it much as those jobs have been pushed down the list, but I'm thinking I should break that thing out as that looks like way too much fun!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I dream about adding a grapple to my bucket. That would be so handy. That log looks like a good excuse to get out a saw and make some dust.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Can't wait to see the plow at plow day.

What's in the box under the plow?

·
Super Moderator
31,938 Posts
Can't wait to see the plow at plow day.

What's in the box under the plow?

Nothing, had gotten a kitchen island from wayfair a while earlier and had the box still, so I used it to keep the plow from tearing up the plastic bedliner

·
Super Moderator
31,938 Posts
LOL, this time of year, that was not the kind of "plow" I was expecting to see. :ROFLMAO:
Never buy during the season!!

Heck I haven't seen a 3 pt. Cat 0. plow with gauge wheel advertised for more than a year so I jumped on it. My Brinley sleeve hitch never pulls a good furrow without shifting left or right or up and down, so I hope this will do better.

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but what brand is the plow?

Mike

10061 - 10080 of 12335 Posts