My Tractor Forum banner

9901 - 9920 of 9982 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,182 Posts
Nothing like blower repairs under stress.... last winter the gear box seals started leaking in the 60 HD blower... I bought the seals etc in March/April... here it is in November and I have to fix the blower because it needs to go on the 1445 tonight for the 3-5 inches of snow coming. With the wind that means there will be 2-2.5 ft drifts that will need to be dealt with.

What will be the purpose of the new building Mr. Beef? Will it be the Deere Pen for the expanding herd and accessories or the new production studio for Mr. Beef Video Company? Inquiring minds want to know. :tango_face_glasses: :tango_face_devil:
Haha, no production studio here.... but hopefully the current digs will be a bit cleaner in the future with more sq ft under roof. Mostly just for machine storage and my parts/attachments. Storing items like blowers, sickle bar mowers, and other attachments can be a bit of a space hog.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
it is all back together now everything works great so i went to fill in a ditch by my house and had a heart attack was life-flighted to the hospital two stints later and four days in the hospital no fun. now more pills and lift restrictions. wrong time of year for this crap. missed thanksgiving with the family. **** genetics, it's bitting me in the butt.

·
Super Moderator
25,922 Posts
it is all back together now everything works great so i went to fill in a ditch by my house and had a heart attack was life-flighted to the hospital two stints later and four days in the hospital no fun. now more pills and lift restrictions. wrong time of year for this crap. missed thanksgiving with the family. **** genetics, it's bitting me in the butt.
Wow, you're right but never heard of a good time for a heart attack! Glad that you able to post about it!

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Please get well soon.

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
In the last few days working around the holidays I got the X748, the X585 and the 318 dressed for winter, and none too soon with the storm we have coming tomorrow.

20191130_144401.jpg

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey GGSteve - Do you have any other pics of your shed, but specifically the lean-to it looks like you have built off on the right side? I have a shed and am thinking of adding the lean to on as an addition to store implements, etc under to keep out of the weather... I'm in the drawing and planning stages for right now. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Hey GGSteve - Do you have any other pics of your shed, but specifically the lean-to it looks like you have built off on the right side? I have a shed and am thinking of adding the lean to on as an addition to store implements, etc under to keep out of the weather... I'm in the drawing and planning stages for right now. Thanks!
I don't think you will be able to see the pics because most are on Photobucket, but give it a try. This is my shed build thread.

https://www.mytractorforum.com/52-workshops-garage-shed-discussions/961850-having-new-shed-built-wife-involved.html

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Yikes! Glad to hear you came through that to see more holidays!

Mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
Moved a few things tonight to get the car in the garage ahead of the storm. I was pleasantly surprised how easily the X595 handled the big blower.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
Whoa! Glad to hear your back, take it easy and get better

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tested out the closed frame 316 with the 52 blade got for it, started with having to get it out of its parking spot and with out any chains, weights and 40 year old tires did manage to get it out with a struggle and lots of spinning. Some air in the front to round out the squares and we were off. I was pleasantly surprised giving the aforementioned issues. Plowed the neighbors drive way and city walk not half badly, if not leaving a few burn outs on accident. I am not a huge fan of not having foot controls for directional control though, almost need a third arm.

Santa wish list;

new tires
tire chains
wheel weights

·
Registered
196 Posts
Green dream machine, I wish you a speedy recovery.

I put some new treads and wheel weights on today. What kid doesn’t get psyched for new sneakers? Can’t wait to play n the snow tomorrow. Added some extensions and a cutting edge to a ratty plow I got from Duffy last year. It’s going to be a hard decision to try the loader or plow tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Not a big fan of change here, and I don't have a millenial around to help me. So yes, this is the wrong forum to ask this but does anyone know how to get back to classic view, and also, how do I choose the last unread post?

·
Registered
196 Posts
The HDAP’s are not good enough without chains. Will be chained before I go out again. The loader was fun but it is slow compared to the plow. Looks like I will get another chance tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,922 Posts
Not a big fan of change here, and I don't have a millenial around to help me. So yes, this is the wrong forum to ask this but does anyone know how to get back to classic view, and also, how do I choose the last unread post?

Steve, there is no "classic" view any longer. And the entire staff is in the process of trying to learn the new site, I don't have an answer for you yet so please bear with us while we get things figured out. We had no "advanced" training before this went live!

·
Super Moderator
10,933 Posts
Steve, I'm not sure that there is an "unread" selection, but clicking on the "new" icon at the top of the page (next to the rear tire of the JD 110 in the banner pic) will list posts made "a moment ago".

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer. I understand technology changes.

I know I will get flamed, that's OK. I just wish when something is working and a boatload
of subscribers pay the yearly fee, why is there the need to think a totally different look
is for the good of all? All of us have seen this new look in whatever website or forums
we frequent. We have growled and asked, 'Why?"

Folks like myself join, pay $$$ and use the forums because it provides value and they like reading
the threads they do. I and many others have posted questions because we have learned we can get
great answers.

When I personally know that other members have gone out of their way to post pictures to questions I myself
have asked, (like removing the mower deck to detail pictures of how the front blade attaches) I know this is where I want to be. They are not interested in having to learn new tricks to accomplish
the same thing.

It seems like changes for change sake are the tail wagging the dog and not for the betterment of all.

Rant over.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
The links in the "new posts" list include "unread" at the end of them, so I think eventually they will take you to the first unread post in a thread, but right now I think all the posts are marked as unread for each user, so it takes you to the start of each thread. I would think after a time or two, it'll work better automatically...

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Thanks for the answers guys. Not what I wanted to hear but at least its the truth. I don't envy you your "jobs" over the next few weeks. What is it about Internet businesses that make them so tone deaf to their users. I guess you get what you pay for.

9901 - 9920 of 9982 Posts