My Tractor Forum banner

8081 - 8100 of 9982 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Can it be possible - 48 hours since anyone posted on this thread?????

I think not, so here is a random picture of my Deere in action
UPS broght me a trac vac deck boot for my 48C mower deck.

And....I'm sitting around watching leaves dry, tomorrow I'll be collecting leafs till the sun goes down.

·
Retired Deere Employee
509 Posts
Not much going on over in WFM also. Must be the cold weather is setting in so members are staying in the house.

I had someone stop in this morning to pickup a pair of suitcase weights and a pair of 420 rear wheels at 10:00 and he caught me in my robe. My excuse was I was up half the night watching election results ... Gabby

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Drained, flushed and refilled coolant on my 455, good to -34.

Mulched in leaves for the second time, neighbor has a Sycamore tree that I inherit the leaves from each fall. It is holding it's leaves longer this year so I might be mulching them in December!

CCMoe

·
Registered
822 Posts
UPS broght me a trac vac deck boot for my 48C mower deck.

And....I'm sitting around watching leaves dry, tomorrow I'll be collecting leafs till the sun goes down.
Besides my already having the boot for my vac mounted and ready to go, my day today and tomorrow will be identical to yours. :tango_face_smile:

Planning an early start as we have rain moving back in again Friday afternoon... I hate wet leaves.

·
Rebuilding my First JD GT
3,302 Posts
Did this a few days ago and just now getting it uploaded on youtube.

I had to pull about 10 barbed wire fence stake posts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Finally got the '73 112 running today. Trying to figure out how to get the pto to work. Anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram for it?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Finally got the '73 112 running today. Trying to figure out how to get the pto to work. Anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram for it?
Probably a bad PTO switch.

Try jumping 12v directly to the terminal/wire on the PTO itself. Don't do it while the tractor is running. If you hear a clink sound from the PTO when you jump the wire, you at least know that the PTO coil is good.

P.S. I will dig out a 112 Service Manual and see if I can take a picture of the wiring.

Jared

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
collected 4 loads of leafs today, some places where 6" deep. 7 loads for season & probably 4 more loads before season is over.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
Started my battle with the leaves today, but the war is far from finished.. just the front took 4 full loads of the DR pro, and I still have the back and side areas to do..Plus the big oaks haven't given up their leaves yet. I'll be doing leaf duty until thanksgiving or later, depending on when Ol' Man Winter dictates I make the switch over..

Didn't realize my turning radius had been compromised, until I saw my rear tail light hanging... Dang it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
So we have our first 'winter weather advisory' of the season today. 2 to 4 inches of snow predicted for the northern counties of Wisconsin, bordering on Lake Michigan.

The last couple of days, I've been finishing up the mods to the snow blower, and getting her ready for winter.

Pic 1: I did the chute rotation mod, that I found on this site.
This is my solution to fitting the cover on the rotation mechanism. I had planned to replace the cover anyway (the previous owner had added a rubber sheet to it, held in place with machine screws, a modification that I didn't care for). So I cut down the old cover in a manner such that, with the addition of some 1/2" spacers, I didn't have to cut up the new (EXPENSIVE) cover.
A BIG THANK YOU to the member that thought this up, and to the member (Gunny B.) that posted the step by step!
FYI: If your local ACE doesn't have all the hardware, it can be purchased through the 'Hillman Group store' on Amazon. Of course, I recommend supporting your local ACE Hardware store but, in my case, they didn't have all of the parts and, after checking other shops in the area, I still needed a couple of items.

Pics 2, 3, and 4: The completed upgrade! Both the chute rotation modification, and the addition of an electronic linear actuator to control chute deflection.

And lastly:
All the mods in action!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Any snow coming soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
I'm headed out to do the final mow/ leaf pickup of the year

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Make Better Mowers
1,970 Posts
Today an MTF member sent me a part I so desperately needed for my LX178. I'd had spark on one side only and switching coils didn't change a thing. I'd hoped that the problem was the igniter. Though it's expensive, it's located for easy replacement. Mr. Cannon immediately mailed me that part + others and I'm deeply appreciative toward him for his ultra-kind gesture! This morning, the box arrived. I cleaned up the igniter, installed it, and POW! Both cylinders are firing. I'm one happy old man!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
Last mow complete, now to pick up the leaves

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,156 Posts
Last mow complete, now to pick up the leaves

Is that a Giant Schnauzer? Love Schnauzers! I have two miniature ones.

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
Is that a Giant Schnauzer? Love Schnauzers! I have two miniature ones.
Yep! That's Jax, he's my best friend! This is him sitting on my dad.

Good eye, most don't know they even exist!

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Started my battle with the leaves today, but the war is far from finished.. just the front took 4 full loads of the DR pro, and I still have the back and side areas to do..Plus the big oaks haven't given up their leaves yet. I'll be doing leaf duty until thanksgiving or later, depending on when Ol' Man Winter dictates I make the switch over..

Didn't realize my turning radius had been compromised, until I saw my rear tail light hanging... Dang it!

Ouch on the tail light! :thThumbsU on the ear protection

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
I finished off the mowing season with a deep scrub on the 7 iron

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yep! That's Jax, he's my best friend! This is him sitting on my dad.

Good eye, most don't know they even exist!

Ha!! My Shepard knows that command too...… "Sit On!!".

Jared

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
8081 - 8100 of 9982 Posts