My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 10308 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I bagged leaves in the rain why because it's going to be raining for the next three days and there's still a lot of leaves left on the trees and there is a lot on the ground so it'going it's going to create a a thick mat of leaves and it will be a huge mess for me so I bagged the leaves in the rain it worked pretty good you would think I would have problems with it clogging in the tube going up from the power flow but is actually crying between the power flow in the deck it wasn't that bad all that I had to do was put the tractor on Idol with the mower deck running and grab on to the power flow in shake it up and down a whole bunch it would knock the grass and leaves loose and shoot it up the bagger and it'll be on clogged

Be very careful if you ever do that I am NOT responsible for any injuries

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
I thought about how I'm going to move Bror (with his non-functional carb) over to the new place on December 2nd. I believe its going to involve Wally, my 20 foot nylon tow rope, and LTGal sitting on Bror's seat to steer (and, I'm told, make "Chugga chugga CHOO CHOO!" noises as we travel the four blocks down the back alley to the new place... If my current neighbours thought we were nuts....:dunno:).
Maybe some hats with propellers are in order. :hide:

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
Just finished setting up the 332 for winter duty

Attachments

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,156 Posts
Ok got the gauges in the dash!!...now gotta hook them up tonight or over the weekend. Also went over all the raised lettering and pictures with a silver sharpy, all the white was rubbed off so wanted to make it all visible.
Looks great! What gauges did you use?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Thanks Roger. Those are some pretty good prices and shipping rates. Did you get the .030 or .045?
Larry,

I was mistaken. I looked over my emails and I got my 8" hose from Wynn Environmental and not Universal Hose as I thought. I got the 0.45 hose thinking that I only will need to buy it once if I bought the heavy duty one.

Their web site is: Leaf Vac Hose

Hope this helps!

Roger

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Just finished setting up the 332 for winter duty

Nick the blower is huge! Must be a bear to move around when not installed

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Cut the back yard for hopefully the last time this year. I'm glad all this black dust blew off.

Attachments

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,235 Posts
had my Scotts 2048 made by JD out of the Shelter shed.. (the same as a L120).. used it to mow the farmers hill side for what will prolly b the last time this year.. I had been usin a Craftsman LT1000 to do this.. I added weights to the 1000 to lower the center of gravity.. now I will put them on the Scotts.. I may also put wheel weights on it.. to do that I gotta drill the rims.. this prolly will b a winter project.. that Scotts makes a way better cut & is faster at doin it..

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Larry,

I was mistaken. I looked over my emails and I got my 8" hose from Wynn Environmental and not Universal Hose as I thought. I got the 0.45 hose thinking that I only will need to buy it once if I bought the heavy duty one.

Their web site is: Leaf Vac Hose

Hope this helps!

Roger
Thanks again Roger, I'l check them out also.

Used the X729 and trac vac again to pick up leaves today. was going to wait a few more days but raining this evening. Also used the 110 RF to haul some firewood to the attached garage, suppose to start getting cold again, especially at night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,624 Posts
I thought about how I'm going to move Bror (with his non-functional carb) over to the new place on December 2nd. I believe its going to involve Wally, my 20 foot nylon tow rope, and LTGal sitting on Bror's seat to steer (and, I'm told, make "Chugga chugga CHOO CHOO!" noises as we travel the four blocks down the back alley to the new place... If my current neighbours thought we were nuts....:dunno:).

:wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp: :sidelaugh

·
Registered
872 Posts
Finished the rehab on my new to me 425.. Need to do the cab still before snow flies.

Hooked it up to my new DR vac to take the 18 inches of maple leaves off the lawn yesterday. I used the backpack blower to build the piles, and used the vac hose to vac the big piles up. Worked great!!

Tonight it's already recovered with Oak leaves, so I'll mount the rebuilt deck, and will use it with the boot to the vac next..

Loving the new Deere!!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Ok got the gauges in the dash!!...now gotta hook them up tonight or over the weekend. Also went over all the raised lettering and pictures with a silver sharpy, all the white was rubbed off so wanted to make it all visible.

Looks Great !!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
Nick the blower is huge! Must be a bear to move around when not installed
Yeah it is big. I don't know what I'll do with it when it's not in use lol

·
15,235 Posts
Yeah it is big. I don't know what I'll do with it when it's not in use lol
u could use it to load ur lil trailer with dirt.... lol

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
u could use it to load ur lil trailer with dirt.... lol
Lol, I've always thought it would be cool to let the grass get real long, then mow it and rake it into wind rows, then have someone with another tractor and trailer next to me with a big blower and is it to load grass! I have no idea if it would work, but if so it'd be fun

·
15,235 Posts
Lol, I've always thought it would be cool to let the grass get real long, then mow it and rake it into wind rows, then have someone with another tractor and trailer next to me with a big blower and is it to load grass! I have no idea if it would work, but if so it'd be fun
I saw a vid on Utube of a guy loadin dirt with a walk behind.. it only took him a couple minutes per load..

now leaves & grass will do the same.. a guy here on MTF posted a vid of him movim huge leaf piles with a blower..

u'd prolly look like a combine unloadin into a wagon while the combine was still pickin corn... lol

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
Maybe when the rest of the maple leaves fall I'll give it a try lol

21 - 40 of 10308 Posts