My Tractor Forum banner
22501 - 22520 of 22731 Posts

· Premium Member
16,699 Posts
If you are ever in doubt about how to do anything you're not comfortable with, check out YouTube. It may open up a whole world of DIY for you?
1000% agree!

I'm at the point that when a video (or multiple videos) for a repair don't exist, I get nervous...

Mike

· blinged out
2,004 Posts
Invoice just came in;
air filter: 28.03
oil filter 11.07
oil 24.87
labor $360 wow!
shop supplies 18
Plus tax
480.86 all inclusive.

I had previously purchased the service kit (oil/filter); guess I'll use for my next service which I'll be doing myself.

Not quite end of the world but lesson learnt.
did they see a rolls royce in the driveway when they picked it up!

· Registered
2,928 Posts
Joe, they said western maryland may get 3 inches. Our area gets rain.
Yeah, I’m right on the bump line. Both of my front tires on the X540 with the blower have leaks. I’ve had my shop take them off, no foreign material in them, beads perfect, valves replaced. When Im mowing every day they never leak. Let it set for several days and the left one goes down. Let it set for a week and they are both flat. Tires were new last year. Anyway, my compressor is next to the machine, but if it gets close to freezing it trips the breaker and won’t run. I hope it gets warm enough today to pump them up. We’ll see?

· Registered
621 Posts
Did anyone check that the valve that is inside the valve stem is tight and not leaking?

Reactions: smcgill

· Jerk of all trades
985 Posts
Some times it's the simple things ... ;)

6,642 Posts
Yeah, I’m right on the bump line. Both of my front tires on the X540 with the blower have leaks. I’ve had my shop take them off, no foreign material in them, beads perfect, valves replaced. When Im mowing every day they never leak. Let it set for several days and the left one goes down. Let it set for a week and they are both flat. Tires were new last year. Anyway, my compressor is next to the machine, but if it gets close to freezing it trips the breaker and won’t run. I hope it gets warm enough today to pump them up. We’ll see?
Its suppose to go up to 50 or more degrees. Its already sunny out. Sat and Sun it suppose to be 55 and sunny.

· Premium Member
16,699 Posts
No, but there was one at the dealership........
With those prices, they probably have a driver for that Rolls...

I hate tires. Wish I could put solid ones on everything.

Mike

· Registered
3,195 Posts
With those prices, they probably have a driver for that Rolls...

I hate tires. Wish I could put solid ones on everything.

Mike
I’ve seen Deere’s Twheels for rear tires, but I’ve never seen them for front tires. 😂 Oh wait, they have no-flats for the front on zero turns.

Not sure I’ve seen other manufacturers that have them. I know in the forklift world they foam fill tires so they never go flat. However, they ride like a log wagon.
😱 🤪

· Registered
3,551 Posts
I’ve seen Deere’s Twheels for rear tires, but I’ve never seen them for front tires. 😂 Oh wait, they have no-flats for the front on zero turns.

Not sure I’ve seen other manufacturers that have them. I know in the forklift world they foam fill tires so they never go flat. However, they ride like a log wagon.
😱 🤪
My tractors don't ride much better.... But then, it might just be that my yard is pretty lumpy as well. I tried mowing once with a zero turn, but, that beat the crap out of me. I hurt for a couple days afterwards.... Nope. I'll stick to my slow, and slightly more comfy GT thankyouverymuch.

· Registered
621 Posts
Tweels are made by Michelin for several applications.
They're not 'inexpensive'

Reactions: mikeinri

· Parts collector
88 Dodge Snowfiter, 93 Dodge diesel, 02 Durango, 01 Electra, 02 Sportster, 2000 Dodge diesel 5 speed
6,152 Posts
I'm at the point that when a video (or multiple videos) for a repair don't exist, I get nervous...

Mike
[/QUOTE]

That is the reason people that "know how" charge more . You have people that want to make money spreading the info and make money that way. Then there are those that work a job and expect to be paid accordingly to the need.

Reactions: Rarefish383

· Registered
2,928 Posts

Mike
That is the reason people that "know how" charge more . You have people that want to make money spreading the info and make money that way. Then there are those that work a job and expect to be paid accordingly to the need.
[/QUOTE]
I’ve been looking for a video and found one that had my search data almost verbatum. I start watching and Harry Homeowner is pointing at his new box store tractor, and says, “this is my new tractor. It’s new because I just got it. Starting from the rear, these are the new tires on my new tractor, the one I just got, and these are the nuts on the wheels of my new tractor, that I just got.” I look and think he must have taken the wheels off and put them back on, because the lugs are on backwards, with the cone pointing out.

Sometimes they know more about their camera than a tractor.

I do remember watching a video that was 9 minutes. It was obvious he knew his stuff. The guy talked about his background, begged for likes and follows. Then in the last minute he pointed out what I needed to know with very specific directions.

Too often I think I need a one minute answer and spend half the afternoon waiting to find it.

· Registered
3,551 Posts
Well, for the first time this season, we are getting some decent snow, seems it is actually serious about it this time. Started around 5:00 AM this morning..... (dogs wanted to go out, only reason I was up....) supposed to continue until this evening some time. They are calling for 5-8 inches. Currently have 1 or 2.... We'll see how it goes.

Not worried about shoveling/plowing/blowing. My blower tractor is down, so, I will use my phone to remove snow. :) My Truck is 4x4, so, it doesn't even care if I clear the driveway or not. :D And the wifes Van was AWD, but, seems that has died as well, and is too expensive to fix.... So, looking for a replacement vehicle for her, and with my limited budget, just not a lot out there that I am willing to spend the money on.

· Registered
621 Posts
Be a little cautious with You tube "how to's".

I'm always surprised how often they have misleading or wrong information. Even from posters that get lots of 'likes' and recommendations.

· Registered
2,928 Posts
I always love when you put up a video to be helpful and then get a comment like: This didn't help me at all! To which I always reply, "Feel free to look for others that do!"
My parent's taught me if I didn't have anything nice to say, keep my mouth shut. So, when I get one that really plucks my nerves, I just move on to the next, and hope it's all up hill from here.

22501 - 22520 of 22731 Posts