My Tractor Forum banner

What did you do to or on your John Deere today?...2.0

1602552 Views 22729 Replies 736 Participants Last post by  Rarefish383
This is version 2.0 of "What did you do to or on your John Deere today?" :howdy:
Reactions: wm57124s
22481 - 22500 of 22730 Posts
Tell me about it. It's usually the same story when I take my Benz for service which I hardly drive at all.
Not really surprised. They’re getting north of $100 pr hr for labor. Parts prices up significantly.
I just had a local Honda dealership replace the alternator in my wife’s 2017 Accord. Wanted OEM instead of a DIY cheapie NAPA rebuilt. $1136. Ouch. $155 pr hr labor. Highway robbery.
Reactions: mikgran
Pretty much! I only needed to unclog it once but the chute was staying packed w/just enough space down low to squeeze out slushy junk. I’m pretty sure w/o that flapper mod I would have been outta luck. I went back today w/the HH back blade for a quick touch up before it melted 🤣.
Speaking of, I see HH has back blade extensions now, turning 54”into 72” back blade! 265.99 for a set.
So you were water blowing essentially!
Invoice just came in;
air filter: 28.03
oil filter 11.07
oil 24.87
labor $360 wow!
shop supplies 18
Plus tax
480.86 all inclusive.

I had previously purchased the service kit (oil/filter); guess I'll use for my next service which I'll be doing myself.

Not quite end of the world but lesson learnt.
I'll know once I receive the invoice however I don't think so since that's something needed after a bunch more hours.
  • Wow
Reactions: mopar65pa
So the delivery was added in so that’s nice. I would definitely add up the parts once you know to determine if you want to D I Y next time.
Almost $500 for JD X758 first service. Not sure if it sounds right. Air/Oil filters, oil change, grease everything (I suppose). Too late to change it, its done and the dealer will return/ deliver the tractor on Wednesday and I've paid for it. Pickup/Delivery is free, Comments?
The $360 for labor is outrageous! That's an hour job, MAX. While waiting for the oil to drain you can do the rest of the job. It looks like they say the pick up and drop off is free, but add an hour each way onto the bill under the single labor charge.
Entirely agree. I'll check if they actually greased all grease points and spindles etc when they drop it off on Wednesday. I service my 72" Hustler myself which I also purchased new from the same dealership location, only the previous owners of the dealership less than a couple of years ago.
The $360 for labor is outrageous! That's an hour job, MAX. While waiting for the oil to drain you can do the rest of the job. It looks like they say the pick up and drop off is free, but add an hour each way onto the bill under the single labor charge.
Definitely DIY next time. It's not as if I lack the skills, tools or experience. I left servicing the X758 so late, had done 50 hours on it, got busy with other stuff and decided to send it to the dealer without getting an estimate; the fault is entirely mine.
So the delivery was added in so that’s nice. I would definitely add up the parts once you know to determine if you want to D I Y next time.
Sometimes paying for stuff you know you can do is needed. I don’t paint anymore so I can drive my tractors around.🤗
Definitely DIY next time. It's not as if I lack the skills, tools or experience. I left servicing the X758 so late, had done 50 hours on it, got busy with other stuff and decided to send it to the dealer without getting an estimate; the fault is entirely mine.
Reactions: pinebaron
The $360 for labor is outrageous! That's an hour job, MAX.
Entirely agree. I'll check if they actually greased all grease points and spindles etc when they drop it off on Wednesday. I service my 72" Hustler myself which I also purchased new from the same dealership location, only the previous owners of the dealership less than a couple of years ago.
That's insane!
Unless it's a warranty thing where you must have it done there to prove it was done. DIY next time.
Reactions: pinebaron
So, a $500 engine oil change. Unbelievable.

Even if it had included the hydrostatic transmission oil change, that would have been unacceptable. Without it, it’s robbery.
Invoice just came in;
air filter: 28.03
oil filter 11.07
oil 24.87
labor $360 wow!
shop supplies 18
Plus tax
480.86 all inclusive.

I had previously purchased the service kit (oil/filter); guess I'll use for my next service which I'll be doing myself.

Not quite end of the world but lesson learnt.
It certainly is.
So, a $500 engine oil change. Unbelievable.

Even if it had included the hydrostatic transmission oil change, that would have been unacceptable. Without it, it’s robbery.
Car dealers are just as bad. Everything has sky rocketed. Services especially.
That's completely bonkers.

I've noticed that the prices of air filters has gone up tremendously lately as well.

Mike
$50 for an air filter for our diesel trucks.............. STOCK! Come on.................
That's completely bonkers.

I've noticed that the prices of air filters has gone up tremendously lately as well.

Mike
  • Angry
Reactions: mikeinri
I had no net since Saturday night, so here is what I did Sunday, pushed off bout 1 1/2" of wet snow w/X495 for myself & neighbor.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Agricultural machinery
We are all getting some seat time, even with snows we wouldn't normally move the machines in.
I had no net since Saturday night, so here is what I did Sunday, pushed off bout 1 1/2" of wet snow w/X495 for myself & neighbor. View attachment 2581001
If you are ever in doubt about how to do anything you're not comfortable with, check out YouTube. It may open up a whole world of DIY for you?
IIRC, the x758 manual calls for hydraulic oil and filter after first 50 hours, then at 100 hours intervals (or every 12 months)
I'll know once I receive the invoice however I don't think so since that's something needed after a bunch more hours.
Here it is, the major "impact" snow removal!!

Holy cow, is that thing triple turbo charged.
22481 - 22500 of 22730 Posts