My Tractor Forum banner
22461 - 22480 of 22731 Posts

· Super Moderator
14,326 Posts
Funny, in 1985, I ruined a perfect score on my driver's test, because I used the mirrors but didn't turn around during the parallel parking test. Mind you, I was driving an early 70s MOPAR station wagon (think 20+ feet long), and parked perfectly, but this @$%^& STILL had to get upset (and deduct points). Yes, I'm still bitter about that...

There will never be a "good" deal on an 855. When Deere stops making parts (if they haven't already), the tractors will just become more expensive.
You are not the only one that had the only points taken off because you used your mirrors…. I’m not only bitter I’m salty about it. Nailed the three point turn on a 2 lane road with a 20’ long (extended cab, long bed 3/4 ton truck) but had points taken off because I only used my mirrors when in reverse (after I had visually cleared the area by turning around as the drivers book indicated).
The one thing that I like in the new world is heated seats...My back really appreciates them . :giggle:
You should try massaging seats…. About hours 8-10 on a long road trip they are pretty amazing.
As I drive TT for UPS for a living, I can most certainly agree with anybody the feels the average driver is WAY worse then ever.. (It’s a good week I don’t see at least one fatality)…. And with all the multiple distractions in car, it’s no wonder they just are awful. Personally I hate the monster “tv” screens that you need to manipulate to go from climate to radio.. etc… give me old fashioned dials and knobs you can feel and have muscle memory to find.
However, I’m also a huge fan of technology that helps me avoid any such distracted drivers, and that might help them avoid causing an accident. Lane assist, automatic braking, adaptive cruise control all help to keep those idiots, and myself, in our own lanes.
I remember when I drove package cars before back up cameras were installed thinking.. I don’t need that woosie stuff.. I’m a professional.. and then they installed these **** poor b/w cameras..but holy smokes!! What an eye opening! Being able to see my rear bumper, and about 30’ into my blind spot.. awesome. I’m now a Circle of Honor driver with over 27 years of safe driving.. and my freightliner has all the bell and whistles.. including informing me the speed of those up to 600 feet in front of me, with adaptive CC that keeps me about 300’ behind those idiots, blind spot sensors etc … can’t imagine going back to the old days. Now even my F-250 has sensors all around, blind spot warnings.. and that back up camera? I hit my trailer hitch first time every time now.
I’ll take technology any day of the week.
Congrats on the Circle of Honor. I always enjoy seeing the UPS trucks with those decals.

Adaptive cruise is a feature that I’m on the fence about. Personally I hate it, I am a very active driver and with the limited traffic out here in the tundra it seems like adaptive cruise can cause traffic build ups when people are not paying attention. Say you are cruising across SD on I-90 with the cruise set on 80 (the speed limit) you come up on a vehicle with the cruise set on 78, adaptive cruise drops your speed and if you are not paying attention you can sit there at 78 for a long time. Then as additional cars with their cruise set on 80 (also not paying attention) come up on you, a line of traffic develops on an otherwise completely open road. Then you throw the line of cars running into a semi that is governed at 65 mph. Then the whole line realizes they are not going the speed they “set” and it turns into a mess that didn’t need to be there in the first place had everyone been paying attention to their speed and vehicle. Just blows my mind what I see some people doing while driving.

Reactions: rooster shooter

· Registered
674 Posts
I got inspired by Lou and made a mess of the lawn moving some stuff around with the loader.
View attachment 2580828

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh no! Mention me as inspiration to your better half…I’ll deny it! I’m surprised you didn’t get stuck back there. I’m guessing the chains made sure of that. I watched Mike from YT https://youtube.com/@CaptainKleeman go nowhere w/4X4 755 w/turfs in mud. He says he leaves them on to save his drivetrain from himself, he’s a bit ruff w/stuff.
Im almost ready to start my spring projects if we aren’t gonna have winter this year. That’s probably a big mistake. I really wanna put the pavers down creating a path to the rear but Id need to move a lot of dirt or mud to do it.

· Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Got to play with the x595 and snow blower.. I think for the first time this year. We got about 4”s Thursday overnight, so I used the x748 with the plow Friday morning as it’s quicker. However I don’t like to use the plow off the driveway and dig up my lawn and at tractor speed it won’t throw it too far off the drive… so I think I’m onto a routine now.. I don’t have time on weekdays to snowblow in the mornings.. just takes too long.. so I’ll use the blade to blast a path so everyone can get in and out then I can go back with the blower to widen the drive, lifting it up enough so it won’t dig into the lawn. The plus side is it requires more seat time using both machines! 😆

Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Asphalt

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Building

· Super Moderator
47,003 Posts
Got the utilities marked. Now I gotta hand dig for depth.
View attachment 2580852
Did a little tractor shuffle…again.
View attachment 2580853
View attachment 2580854
Maybe just maybe I’ll get to use the blower today, I hope I hope. I’ll kill two birds, it’ll take the mud off the driveway too😃.
View attachment 2580859
Some year I’ll clean up my messy garage, maybe.
Be brave put some teeth on the bucked and dig away!! (Just kidding!) Still haven't had enough snow here yet to use the blower or FEL.

· Premium Member
16,699 Posts
You don't know digging until you spin with a set of chains on. Made that mistake with my JB Jr. (overloaded with mulch). The rear tires (RWD tractor) dug so deeply that the machine hung up on the mower deck, had to pull it back with my truck.

I was a slow learner that day...

Mike

· Registered
1026r with modified JD priority valve, CRS stump bucket, JD loader., auger, and pallet forks
304 Posts
Removed the quick attach bearing holder today need to order new one I broke the ear off this one. Does anyone know if you order this john deer part if the bearing is installed inside of it? And I'm also working on my calculations for a new gear pump the stock one of 8.2 is slow. I have already modified my priority valve so more flow is going to implements. The calculations say the 1026r would probably not be able to provide enough hp to run a 18cc pump so 11.9 cc. It is. Found a company in South Dakota that has direct fit ones.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust

Reactions: mopar65pa

· blinged out
2,004 Posts
Got the utilities marked. Now I gotta hand dig for depth.
View attachment 2580852
Did a little tractor shuffle…again.
View attachment 2580853
View attachment 2580854
Maybe just maybe I’ll get to use the blower today, I hope I hope. I’ll kill two birds, it’ll take the mud off the driveway too😃.
View attachment 2580859
Some year I’ll clean up my messy garage, maybe.
when I saw the front weights as well, i had to go back and look at the driveway, pretty good incline, all the weights make sense now! just noticed on those blowers the front auger box is offset! wondered if you could get me the measurements from center of the box to each side of the blower housing! I was wondering if I ever needed to replace my 44" auger box this one could be used with a cut down shaft on the right side!

· Registered
674 Posts
when I saw the front weights as well, i had to go back and look at the driveway, pretty good incline, all the weights make sense now! just noticed on those blowers the front auger box is offset! wondered if you could get me the measurements from center of the box to each side of the blower housing! I was wondering if I ever needed to replace my 44" auger box this one could be used with a cut down shaft on the right side!
PM Sent

· Super Moderator
47,003 Posts
It was only 2-3’’ but it was wet (snowball) snow. It was all the X748 could do to blow it, even with the impeller upgrade w/flappers. I didn’t give up though and did mine and two neighbors for practice and more seat time.😃
View attachment 2580941
Good times.
I wouldn't think it'd have too much issue with just a few inches of even snow.

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Almost $500 for JD X758 first service. Not sure if it sounds right. Air/Oil filters, oil change, grease everything (I suppose). Too late to change it, its done and the dealer will return/ deliver the tractor on Wednesday and I've paid for it. Pickup/Delivery is free, Comments?
Not really surprised. They’re getting north of $100 pr hr for labor. Parts prices up significantly.
I just had a local Honda dealership replace the alternator in my wife’s 2017 Accord. Wanted OEM instead of a DIY cheapie NAPA rebuilt. $1136. Ouch. $155 pr hr labor. Highway robbery.

22461 - 22480 of 22731 Posts