My Tractor Forum banner
20441 - 20460 of 20742 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
I don't know either, they are a pain as far as I'm concerned. The location is right next to the starter so maybe they were put there to keep from using too much room that a fuse would take up. Doesn't matter they are getting the treatment!
They are actually used because a fuse is rated at a max amperage draw before blowing to protect the circuit. A fusible link is designed to protect the circuit but allow a greater momentary draw such as cranking circuits. In some cases you would be replacing fuses all the time, however the fusible link is a little more forgiving while still doing its job.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm not aware of any usage in lawn equipment, but Deere has been known to use self-resetting circuit breakers in some applications.

Reactions: mikeinri

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cleaned, and touched up the edges on the G6 Gator blades and reinstalled the 48" deck on the X500. I use the Cub Cadet Ultima ZT2 60" for mowing all season. But now, I have some trees maybe 8 of them, that never hold their leaves much past mid August. They appear to be ornamental types that have small hard berry fruits about 1/4 inch in diameter.

Have no idea what these are, they are widely spaced around here and across the road. Maybe they were planted when this place was a large horse ranch in the early 20th century. But they are littering the yard with their leaves like it was late October. Did same last year. So, I use the X500 deck in combo with the Cyclone Rake to pick up leaves and have to start about now due to these early droppers.
Are they 12 to 15 feet high and about the same around. A kind of velvety silver leaf, red berries. Might be Russian Olives. I have a meeting with DNR and the local forester next week. If they are Russian Olive, I can’t pronounce the botanical name, WV has grant money to assist in getting rid of them. They are a species the government introduced to serve a purpose and they went wild.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
So it begins.. my wife wants to start her first favorite fall activity… setting up her Halloween village. She’s bought about 10 new houses so she needs to get going. Hence the x748 was put to work bringing up the other 10 bins from the barn.
Building Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Window Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
15,215 Posts
Cool, now we get to see just how much you thinned the Halloween collection!?

Mike

Reactions: FTWingRiders

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Timothy, if you can’t find what you need to go JD, you can do skid steer quick attach. Feel free to pm me and I can send pics of how I did mine.

Forest, I thought you weren’t doing it anymore. Was that one of those annual going out of business sales like some furniture stores do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Likes Vintage JDs
12,157 Posts
Nice setup on the x748. I would love to have that fork setup on my 45 loader but the brackets aren’t available anymore for the quick tach. I maybe could find a set but it would hardly be worth the price they would cost.
Wow this is the first I’ve heard they are NLA. Do you happen to know the part #?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
On the tree identification topic, every year when we drive to OBX we go down Rt 13 in Maryland and Virginia to the Chesapeake bay bridge. There are some stretches of that road that are lined with beautiful flowering trees. If pictures are needed I’ll take some on Saturday when we head south. That’s one of my favorite parts of the drive because it’s nice farm land through there.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Forest, I thought you weren’t doing it anymore. Was that one of those annual going out of business sales like some furniture stores do?

Lol…No, We sold 95% of our stock, over 100 pieces of animatronics and props from the Haunted Woods. However we kept 5 or 6 of our favorites, the 12’ skeletons, headless horseman, etc that I’ll decorate the yard will. My wife is already sad, and is compensating by expanding her indoor display.. sigh. Lol

·
Premium Member
15,215 Posts
For unknown plants/trees, take pics, use this site:

Plant.id

Mike

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow this is the first I’ve heard they are NLA. Do you happen to know the part #?
maybe he meant to say you can't afford them any longer:

The steel ones are: AW28607 (LH) and AW28606 (RH) and are available.

The cast ones are listed as: W50722 & W50723 but they don't show in the system which is odd. They did a few months ago when i was last dreaming! :)

There was a set on ebay a while back for ~$350 for the pair which was fair but i didn't pull the trigger.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Likes Vintage JDs
12,157 Posts
On the tree identification topic, every year when we drive to OBX we go down Rt 13 in Maryland and Virginia to the Chesapeake bay bridge. There are some stretches of that road that are lined with beautiful flowering trees. If pictures are needed I’ll take some on Saturday when we head south. That’s one of my favorite parts of the drive because it’s nice farm land through there.

Possibly magnolia trees?

·
Likes Vintage JDs
12,157 Posts
maybe he meant to say you can't afford them any longer:

The steel ones are: AW28607 (LH) and AW28606 (RH) and are available.

The cast ones are listed as: W50722 & W50723 but they don't show in the system which is odd. They did a few months ago when i was last dreaming! :)

There was a set on ebay a while back for ~$350 for the pair which was fair but i didn't pull the trigger.
Copy. Thanks. By the time I get around to this who knows how much they’ll be!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Timothy, if you can’t find what you need to go JD, you can do skid steer quick attach. Feel free to pm me and I can send pics of how I did mine.

That’s what I plan on doing. Once I get another attachment I’ll do that. Right now I don’t own forks so there’s no need of adding extra weight to the bucket quite yet

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The SSQA kit I bought was just over $200 shipped and included a blank plate. Extra plates are just over $100 shipped. If you like to build stuff, it’s economical starting point.

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
Loading up the X495 for more dirt moving & looking at X495 in the mirror at Wendys
Automotive side-view mirror Mirror Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
I seen a Husqvarna that needed a new home along with a Craftsman tiller on the way home w/X495, so, after unloading the 495 at home I went back for them
Plant Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

20441 - 20460 of 20742 Posts