My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts

Great hopes ... way too sticky ..shoot is clogging all the time ..too much sticky snow trying to be pushed thru ..:(

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
10" here
Ok this single stage thrower is a different animal...Once I got the hang of it it worked out well ..

I'm very pleased with this new to me machine ..

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
yeah, single stage, you feed it as much as it possibly can take....LOL whereas slow and steady wins it with a 2 stage....
Took me awhile to figure that out!

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
So after playing the other day .. my key and pto switch froze ...
I did get the key to turn and eventually the pto came unstuck ..But the batt light comes on but will not make any noise like it wants to start ..what should I check next ?

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
OK I'll check there next

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
Might help to look at the safety switches they might be frozen also. Prolly a brake safety and seat safety switch maybe more depending on the machine.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
1988 240 garden tractor.
were would they be?

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
So my 1988 240 when I try to start it I get a back fire!
What an I doing wrong ?

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
The Boston Lawnmower company in westwood Ma.. Has a female @ the parts counter ..she is the one to go to .. ;) She know her stuff

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
At a previous residence, I didn't have adequate power in my garage for my air compressor.... (it's big, 220 single phase electric.....) So, I was doing the breaker bar/long pipe trick to break loose lug nuts on my 3/4 ton truck. Things were going ok, till I got to a nut that was hanging on tighter than the previous couple..... so, set the pipe so I could get some good downforce on it, and started leaning heavily into it. Something went POP! and the next thing I know, I am laying on the ground, with people standing around me, asking "Are you alright???" Seems my socket blew itself apart, allowing me to impart all the force I was exerting, into pounding my head against the side of the truck.... Needless to say, that didn't go over well...... I was out for a couple minutes, had a HORRIBLE headache.... and a beautiful bruise. :D

I love my air tools. :D
With my similar story .. I have a dent in my forehead .. :whistle:

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
Should have seen me mounting the blower with nothing but a PBR.

...Hmmmm :unsure:

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
I did the wiper mod to my 42" snow thrower ... so no snow will be coming ..:cautious:

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
Hello all
This 46" blade came up for sale
GX018BD0011018 Lightning
Will this fit on my 1988 240 garden tractor?
Thanks

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
My go to gloves..

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
I got my new toy some clothes .

I will have to play with it to see how it will fit with the snow thrower .... :unsure:

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
I took the time today to reattach the tire chains on my 240 .easier than during a snow storm ! :whistle:
When i fist got it the night before a snow storm .. the blower was on and the wheel weights were on .... I drove maybe 20' and just sat there .. he did give me some chains :unsure:..where are they ... :unsure:6"of snow later they were on ..not properly .. :whistle:

Reactions: mikeinri

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
I took some time to day to open up the snow throwers chain cover for the first time ..Oooo I have some cleaning to dooooo .I tightened up the chain a tad. I had to replace all 4 bolts and nuts ...so all 4 will take the same wrenches ..o_O

The two infront of the pully and the other two just under the camera lens..two sets..
I'll spend some time with soap and cleaners when it gets warmer ..then paint..
Hhmm aren't they suppose to be 1/4 20 carriage bolts..:unsure: Ace here I come ..:cautious:

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
1 - 20 of 268 Posts