My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1253 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Well today I was a complete idiot and pulled the pivot pin out of my splitter. Needless to say, that didn't work out so well for splitting wood today. Of course I was home by myself, so no help.

After my son got home from school, I had him drive the X534 over to the splitter & hook up a ratchet strap. Within a couple of minutes, the splitter was back together. I can't believe that I did something so stupid, ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We've all done similar things that defy logic. My question is, why do they use a quick release pin there? Would you be better off with a bolt and nut so you can't remove it without at least stopping to get tools (hopefully giving you enough time to think it over)?

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Used it to haul the beer brewing supplies across the street in the cart. Neighbor and I brewed side by side.
:wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

Best use of a tractor, ever!!! You should stage the equipment/supplies with the tractor, and use the image on the labels!

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of ice to cover!

Did you glue those screws in place? I'd be worried about one working loose and finding its way into a tire.

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Re: snow blower plugging...cure?

Removed the blower and QH and mounted up the 45 loader with the grapple attached and moved some brush to an area that I could safely burn it.

View attachment 2206194

Most of it was no good to keep as firewood.

Roger
That looks like a bunch of fun! Any plans on mating the blower to the loader frame QA?

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Re: snow blower plugging...cure?

:ditto: My wife is currently getting over a sinus infection, I'm trying to avoid catching it from her...

Although it would be pretty neat to do, I don't think that it would be of any benefit for me. Most of our snowfalls are 2" to 6" these days and my blower seems to handle it with out a problem.
I guess I was thinking more along the lines of the time and effort it might save to not have to completely remove the loader just to attach the blower.

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Finished welding a custom rear weight bracket. I had 4 of these plates that I used on my 318. I build this bracket. I was able 2 purchase 2 more locally for a total of 300#.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Looks great, I really like the idea of putting two posts side-by-side, so you can get more weight with half the extra length on the tractor!

Are those quick pin setups built into the tractor frame?

Nice loader, BTW!!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Really great looking property, Don. Loving your barn/shop too!

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Wow, that's an impressive grapple lift!

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Double seat time, LOL...

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Very nice! I could use one of those for sure.

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
I wonder who was parked in the driveway?

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Very, very cool pic from the show! That green Allis looks almost big enough to be steam driven, lol...

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Polished my front blade, and benchmarked my GoreTex WE in 12" of Spring time:

If I've ever seen the poster child of someone needing a cab, I'd say this is it!

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Need is such a subjective term. I've sat in a duck blind and a tree stand for hours and hours in worse weather. No heater, no wiper, no flashers, no problem. So, it's kind of hard (at least for me), to justify a cab for 2 hours max on the X to push some snow around.

Of course, "like" is a whole nuther word, with all kinds of justification not really needed.

All good points, Jere! Just having some fun with you, I've definitely seen worse examples here. But when it comes to cabs, once you have one, you won't just "like" it, you'll love it!!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
That she is, I am very lucky.

Absolutely. I'm lucky that my wife knows how to spell tractor or snowblower, let alone actually use either, whether I'm home or not. She will help shovel, but typically only if I'm out of town on business and she has no other choice!

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Pulling the blower off before April in Mass? You know you will be blamed if we get hammered with a surprise snow storm in the next couple of weeks!
:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Heck.. I got laid off and my last day was Friday. I may dethatch and get all the spring clean up ready while hunting for the next job. I do agree, it's a bit early to kick on the sprinklers!
Sorry to hear that. You're right, take advantage and get as much done as you can between job hunting and interviews. You'll be working again before you know it, and back to minimal free time again with the rest of us. I've been through that three times over my 25-year career, hazards of the biotech industry, I guess.

I love the new seat, BTW!

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Looks like you guys get your wish. I should only have rain here in central MA. I'd hate to be north in say... New Hampshire or east ... I think Mike is east.

:tango_face_devil:
Our forecast looks pretty clear of snow, hopefully until next winter. Temps should be in the 40s and 50s, with lows in the 30s for the next few weeks. Still melting snow here, and there are a few areas that are very wet.

Mike

1 - 20 of 1253 Posts