My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere X595 with 45 loader, 445, 430, 330, and too many more
281 Posts
I can’t remember exactly what it’s called but it’s just a plastic textured sheet that you can buy. I’ll look when I get back home and post a link. It can be bent easily with heat and cuts with a Dremel or jigsaw. It doesn’t crack either.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I started up all my GT’s yesterday when it was 28°. The GX 345 was a little bit of a pain. The diesels (2 330’s, 455, and 650) were a piece of cake. I’m starting to really prefer diesel over gas just for ease of starting if nothing else.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Luke I’m going n the market for a new light bar, can you share a link?
It was just an Amazon special. It expensive but very bright and works great. I like the mounting brackets too. Kind of a pain to get set up but they hold the light bar a lot closer to what it’s mounted to then the older ones used to.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The fan, the light bar, and the dome light are all wired to a 12 switch box. I guess I should make a video about it. Then the switch box plugs into the 12 V accessory outlet, so removing the cab would be simple.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That looks like the same one I have mounted at the rear. It’s wired (by the previous owner) into the reverse light circuit, so comes on when I press the reverse pedal or when the light switch is set to the “flood” position.

I am going to have to re-locate it when I install the 3PH. I will eventually try to find a spot somewhere on the cab.

View attachment 2554759
I upgraded all my lights to LED, and my reverse lights are brighter than the headlights. I’m not kidding. When I back up the whole yard lights up. I’ve been meaning to put some dimmer bulbs in there.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am guilty of driving over my 62c deck with my X595. I’ve thought about reinforcing it and making some ramps for it. It would make it easier to get under. I’d still have to connect the PTO shaft, but that’s not too bad.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Installed the fenders i found on Facebook marketplace. The previous owner said they caught on things for him and got in the way so he took them off - i think the brackets might need some tweaking as they seem to sit just a bit crooked but maybe that's just how it is with used plastic fenders.

View attachment 2558843 View attachment 2558844

Now that i have them on the jury is still out if i'll keep them on or list them for sale. Guess i should have purchased arm rests instead - i've been contemplating adding rivnuts to my OEM seat and bolting arm rests to it or purchasing an aftermarket seat with arm rests - the arm rests are ~80 and the combo with the seat is under 200!
Nice. I’ve been looking for that fender kit forever. BM21465. It’s obviously NLA. The only option now is buying all the parts separately, which includes buying the newer fender kit. Too expensive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts