My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I installed a Ruegg 3 pt hitch and made up a quick lift mechanism. I took down a dead ash tree and used the 318 to clean up the wood. This 3 pt hitch is going to be a great addition to a cool little tractor!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Did some future operator training over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Had a great day yesterday with the 425. Replaced the leaking diff lock seal. That wasn't bad at all. I took some good pics. Think it would be worth doing a little write up on it since it seems to be a really common issue?

I also installed a 1/4 turn shut off valve for the rear lift cylinder as well as a 3 pt hitch I picked up used. I also replaced the fuel line and in tank filter while the seat pan was off. Then I sharpened the blades and put the deck on. Mowed for the first time this season. This was also my first time mowing with the 425. It mows like a dream. It is SO quiet compared to the 318. Also the foot motion control left me with one hand free the whole time. Next time I will remember to crab a cold one first!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Tried out the tiller for the first time. It was not fun to attach but worked great once hooked up.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hauled the 318 up to central Maine and tilled my Dad’s gardens for him. That tiller is amazing. I did all 3 gardens in about 2 hours and half
Of that was discussing what to work around and what to till in.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

I picked up this little utility trailer a few weeks ago. It will hold 2 yards of mulch mounded over. Once I got home I unhooked it from the truck and hitched it up to the tractor to take it around the yard. What a difference not having to shovel the mulch out of the back of the truck and into the little cart anymore.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Nice! I've been wanting to get something similar. My only gripe with road trailers is the pizza cutter wheels; They leave trenches across my lawn with a loaded trailer. I need to figure out how to make dual wheels or find fatter tires when I do find a trailer.

No issues with the lawn. My lawn is fairly hard even with all the rain we have had this spring in New England. Could you use golf cart or snowmobile trailer tires? They are at least twice as wide.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Thanks, I had not thought of that. I will probably give it a try tomorrow sometime.

You could also shut it off before the left side fires and pull the plugs to compare. If the left side is soaked, that helps support your theory. If so, Marren will rebuild much cheaper than new from JD.
https://www.injector.com/

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I picked up a used seat from Forest yesterday. What a cool place and a nice guy. Makes me want a big garage even more.

Turns out the X748 seat mount is a little different than the 4x5 mount. I cut the ears off and welded them back with the right spacing.

The coolest part of the whole process was when my 7 year old daughter noticed that the deer on the steering wheel had it’s front leg out straight and the one on the seat had it bent! She is so my daughter.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I would be delighted if my wife had any interest in any of my tractors. It took her 6 months to notice that I had 2 after I got the 425.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Last project for the X is to make the bucket a JDQA so I can slide on some forks easily. I ordered the tractor side parts from a 1 series a few weeks ago, and yesterday I went down to Artillian, which is now owned my Curtis, which is only about 30 minutes from me to get their forks and JD brackets for the bucket. Beautiful new building. Looked like a real nice facility.. the guys on the dock had my stuff waiting and helped load it with a smile and courtesy.

all heavy duty.. I will be mounting the brackets onto the loader and try out the forks in a couple days, waiting for the bushings as they're 1" and the 45 is 3/4"..Just need to get the brackets welded on the bucket sometime.

Once you get it all together, let’s find a time for you to come down and I’ll fry those brackets onto the bucket. I’d love to use a similar set up on my FEL project. Seeing all the pieces in person would be very helpful.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Put the kids to work today.

Silly question, can you run the tiller and loader off the same pump? Otherwise it seems like an expensive ballast box!

I was so impressed with my 318 tilling, I can only imagine how much of a beast that 430 is with the mechanical tiller.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Forest,
Nice job painting it up. If you want to start a thread on the modification I would be happy to add a few comments on the install of the plates on the bucket.-Eli

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I picked up a 47 blower today. It is barely used so I couldn’t pass up the deal. It was from a 1025 so I still need the mid driveshaft and support bearing. I’ll post the 1025 shaft on CL to see if anyone wants to trade for a 4X5 shaft.

I used my 3 point hitch forks to move it once I unloaded from the truck. Sorry no pics, it was raining and I was rushing to get inside.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Sometimes I just can't help myself. Went to an auction on Saturday and bought 5 of the 9 300 series that were there. Four 318's and a 322... Plus other stuff.

Forgot what pigs those 47 blowers are and realized I should have loaded everything a bit differently when I hooked the trailer back up after filling the bed. Needless to say the super duty handled like a crap on the way home. I'll take front heavy any day of the week though. :tango_face_glasses:

Holly crap. I’d have to set up a tent in the back yard. She wouldn’t even let me sleep on the couch if I brought home a load like that.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If you were in Mass I could have helped bring them home. Not for hire but will work for beer!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Used to haul two SCCA race cars. Old VW’s for amateur sports car racing. The other owner moved to CA and now down to one. WAY too much trailer for just one car but I’ve been goofing around too much with JD GT’s to focus on selling and downsizing.

This is my 85 Scirocco.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I was expecting an Audi. Very cool. VWs are my other hobby. JD green is not the only green I enjoy.

Nice old VR6. If you are ever interested in making it handle really well pm me. I’d be happy to give advice. I have extensive experience with the VW of that era.

I also have a 85 Coupe GT race car but it needs some work.

1 - 20 of 596 Posts