My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 575 Posts

·
Parts collector
88 Dodge Snowfiter, 93 Dodge diesel, 02 Durango, 01 Electra, 02 Sportster, 2000 Dodge diesel 5 speed
5,215 Posts
I took the rear weights off the 314 and put the trac-vac on, then proceeded to mow and mulch the leaves and grass and dropped it all in the garden. I could barely make 2 rounds before I had to empty the trac-vac. BUT it's a small single hopper. It's time to "recreate" the trac-vac and make a bigger hopper. :)

·
Parts collector
88 Dodge Snowfiter, 93 Dodge diesel, 02 Durango, 01 Electra, 02 Sportster, 2000 Dodge diesel 5 speed
5,215 Posts
Hopefully completed my last round of leaf detail:thThumbsU but I think I will wait till next weekend to do the winter change over just to be sure.
looks like there are still leaves on the trees you're not done yet. :)

I need a hopper like you have for my trac-vac.

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
I used the 300 with the Brinley plow and plowed the leafs and grass around.

I'll get the 200 out next week after one more mowing and till the garden.

Attachments

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
we r in the middle of that storm right now.. gettin pounded real good too.. been puttin the finishin touches on my sxxx equipment since noon today.. I still gotta get the LT 155 set up with different shoes & the blade put on it.. I had to shovel 3 inches of snow to find that blade.. found it burried on my shop deck.. at 1 PM we had a trace.. now there is 3 inches on the ground.. can't see very far..

in the pics.. the first one is up our street.. if u can see a RV fifth wheel camper.. it's 150-200 feet from our door.. the second one is our back door lookin north over the river.. it's at the tree line in the field.. just less than 1/10th mile from us..
It looks to me like the worst of it is going to hit north of me. Hope so.
It's still 55* here. :)

Sorry you got hit so soon Whirly.

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
Ok I know it's no green, but I use a KXXXXXXXXXXX to dig out my septic tank for an access hole.

I did do the final grading with the 300 with the blade on it though.

Then I graded around the new garage foundation after I loosened up the high spots with the track hoe.

Attachments

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
Been digging a bit more where my Shelter Logic garage will go and excavated another load of rocks.

View attachment 1489258

I originally thought the "garage" would fit between the two larger trees in the picture but realized after digging for a while that one of them would have to come down.

View attachment 1489266

I took the one tree down today and chained together a bunch of the branches and towed them over to the brush pile.

View attachment 1489274

Scooped the tree trunk up with the loader and chained it there. It was then quite easy to saw up the trunk into manageable chunks.

View attachment 1489282 View attachment 1489290

Roger
I feel you paint but those are bigger rocks than I had when I dug out for my garage. Hey at least you have some firewood now. :)

Painted the front blade. Used John Deere paint on the front and Majic Implement paint the the back side.
Looks great

I used the existing hole for the ammeter and cut out the space for the optional hour meter. I added an oil pressure waring light between the gauges which connects to the existing oil sender. Wiring was simple, I connected the gauge power wires to the (+) yellow ignition wire, and grounded them. I found an adapter to install the temp sender in place of the existing warning light sender. For your oil pressure sender, you should be able to install a tee fitting to have both the gauge and warning light function.

Gauges

The 317. The build thread: http://www.mytractorforum.com/12-john-deere-forum/549962-317-resurrection.html

awesome! I can't wait to get the diesel in my 300. :)

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
While tilling around the garage so I could "smooth things out" I found a rock.
Yes it made the tiller and tractor jump. But the tiller pulled it out of the ground. :)

Attachments

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
mopar65pa,

Yeah, I think they breed over night because the next day I go out to the site, there seems to be more of them!

It was sort of sad that I had to take that tree down as it grew for a seed from one of the other trees on the property and I transplanted it there from my wife's flower garden over 28 years ago.

================================================

Today, I tackled getting the stump out. I latched on it with the chain and by giving it a tug or two I found out where the major roots were.

View attachment 1490162

It took a bit of back and forth coaching by pushing with the loader teeth and yanking it back, while digging out dirt and stones with the hand shovel and pickaxe, and then chopping the roots with the axe, but two hours later it finally released its hold. Just in time too as I was starting to get rained on by snow pellets.

View attachment 1490170

I must say that I now have a new appreciation of what pioneers went through clearing the land for a field. They did it totally by hand and a team of horses. Even though I was able to use my tractor and its hydraulics, I got quite the workout.

Roger
Yeah The fill dirt was never "cleaned" after I dumped it there, but I never saw that bugger in there when I was working the dirt

Well that is kind of sad that you had to cut it down then. :(

I know all about having an appreciation for the pioneers. When I dig out for my garage there was a 8" round maple right in the middle. My dad's 40HP diesle 4x4 tractor couldn't get the stump out and I dug down 3 feet. I ended up using my Dodge Cummins 4x4 truck to get it out. 2 tugs. :sidelaugh

mopar65pa
you need to pile the dirt up around a block an a half high
so as it settles it comes out level
thus no need to do it again

john
All the dirt is fill, next spring the top soil gets put in once it settles. :) but thank you for the heads up.

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
Spent some time last night getting the chains back on Wally and getting him and Bror set up for their big exodus to the new garage next week

Got them all lined up so that Wally can tug Bror over to the new house

What do you guys think, is a 20 ft 25000 lb break strength polyprop tow rope hooked here on Wally

and here on Bror (around the front axle, NOT looped around the steering gear)

enough to tow 600 pounds of tractor, 250 pounds of loader, 100 pounds of wheel weights and ?? pounds of LTGal for four blocks? Hope Wally's got it in him to do it! If not, I guess fallback is to use the car...
The tow rope is heavy enough. :)

Does Wally have a low range? :sidelaugh

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
Happy turkey day everyone! Today I brought the 140 home for the holidays. Now I have the base model entry level gt from 1973, and the luxury top end model from 1973
:thThumbsU

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
I'm too busy redoing a bedroom to work on the JDs. :(

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
I still can't get over how good looking your 332 is. Hopefully mine turns out half that good.
Dang I've been looking for a decent 332 for years but everyone wants $3K for a beat up rusty non-running one around here. Love those tractors. That thing is beautiful!

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
Oh yes. I recently found a 416a for my 140, which would also work on the tractor in your avatar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a 140 out back waiting for something to do. :tango_face_wink:
The 300 has plow and rototilling duties, The 314 has mowing duties so i Guess I need something for the 140 to do. But I don't own a farm so a sickle bar would be a waste. BUT I guess I could put the snow blower in the 140. :tango_face_grin:

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
The X595 & I ripped up a pile of dirt thats been compacting & growing weeds for last 25 years. Used Ohio Steel plow to move bust it up, loaded a bunch of it by hand because it was still in chunks from the plow, there still 6" of dirt to move out. I'm placing the dirt around my new concrete & theres more concrete to come yet.
Nice! :tango_face_grin:

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
FIL brought his 300 over for me to service, it's actually my old 300. My first garden tractor. I loved this thing, and only sold it because it was going to him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have that same tractor. I will never sell mine. :tango_face_wink:

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
Here's another Shout Out for the Metallic Silver Sharpie!!

Just did the dash of my '81 317, which had zero silver left.

Took less than 5 minutes but required a very steady hand..... don't drink a Red Bull and try this.

Turned out great and I have 5-6 more tractors in the herd that will get the same treatment!!

Jared
I did the same thing with a white paint marker years ago and it's still holding up. :tango_face_grin:

·
Parts collector
5,215 Posts
Roof tin won't arrive for the lean-to until Friday, but I went ahead and backed a few machines under just to get an idea of the space I will have. Decided the LX will stay in the shop, that gives room for 2-3 more smaller RF tractors.

We made up our minds that the compressor shack is definitely coming down and we are going to run the lean-to right around the corner for an additional 10x40 of storage space along the back side of the shop. Might happen before the end of the year, not for certain though. Still have a few stragglers out in the yard.

One other thing I do plan on doing is installing a shelf about 5-6 feet up along the wall, I have lotsofspareparts taking up room in the shop.

Jared
Dang man and wife and kids get on me about my 4 tractors! :tango_face_devil:

1 - 20 of 575 Posts