My Tractor Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1047 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
I got back here by clicking "Following" under my profile.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,242 Posts

·
I break things
365 Posts
I finally did it. Got rid of the old dry rotted turfs and installed a set of 23x10.5x12 Carlisle All Trails. I used the Harbor Freight mini-tire changer to do the job. Was a trial in the 25ish degrees in my barn. My soapy water kept freezing, but I got it done.

I opted not to load the tires at this time. My turfs were loaded and it was a bear for me to move the wheels. I dont remember how many gallons I had in them...but probably lost about at least 40 lbs per wheel. That shouldn't matter too much as I still have about 125 lbs of cast wheel weights per each wheel. It will be easier for me to put the chains on, and I should still be able to run my V-bar chains when needed. If there is rubbing, i will have to flare the fender a bit in one spot on the fender pan.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Bit windy today, Wife asked why I have a green tint?
Looks good. I had to look at your location. Not much painting going on
outside N of TX

·
Premium Member
9,242 Posts
Waiting on paint to dry. Plan is to get everything ready that goes underneath (foot rests, pto, drive pulley) so I only have to get down on the floor once (yea right!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,010
Well this post isn't about my tractor, but it is a Craftsman. I made the trailer into a ball hitch instead of a pin hitch now that I have a little vacation time to catch up on projects.

White is the only primer+paint color I have right now. I just wanted to keep the welds from rusting over the winter. It was only 40 degrees out and dropping, so not ideal conditions for painting.

Maybe tomorrow I can test it out by collecting some leftover bark from wood splitting, unless everything freezes...

·
Premium Member
9,242 Posts
Ever feel like you started on the wrong end of a problem, and the last and easiest thing to get to fixed the problem? After banging my head over the electrical issue I found the key has two run positions. I was testing everything in the run/lights position. When actually trying to start the machine I would go to the start, and return to the run/only position. I tested this and sure enough I had no voltage in the run/only position. I sprayed contact cleaner into the switch connector and everything works now. I should have the gas tank installed this weekend and do a live start on it then.
This is after pulling the regulator and testing it, and tracing every wire down, problem was I was using the run/lights position.

Attachments

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,940 Posts
Ever feel like you started on the wrong end of a problem, and the last and easiest thing to get to fixed the problem? After banging my head over the electrical issue I found the key has two run positions. I was testing everything in the run/lights position. When actually trying to start the machine I would go to the start, and return to the run/only position. I tested this and sure enough I had no voltage in the run/only position. I sprayed contact cleaner into the switch connector and everything works now. I should have the gas tank installed this weekend and do a live start on it then.

This is after pulling the regulator and testing it, and tracing every wire down, problem was I was using the run/lights position.
Been there. Felt my face turn red when I figured out what I was doing wrong. Even though no one was there but me.

·
Premium Member
9,306 Posts
Not today but just Saturday I got my DYS4500 back from my son who is selling his house today. Sadly, it was late when we finally got it home and I really just dropped the deck, OTC cab, Berco blower and blade and bagger frame in the yard with snow predicted. Forgot the top of the bagger at his house so I had to go get that Sunday morning. The little DYS4500 already came in handy though, towing the cart of trash barrels down to the street. I usually use the Deere X585 for this job, but for some reason the clearance under the suitcase weights on the X585 would not let me hook the cart draw bar up.

·
2,829 Posts
I don't have a SEARS or Craftsman anymore...wanna hear what I did with my Cub and Simplicity?...Actually every 2 or 3 days I go out and make sure the battery tenders are tending the batteries and start them up and let them warm up for a while

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Tug duty today for the GS6500, after airing up all of the tires.

Cleaned up some firewood stacking areas with the smaller Trac Vac (pulled old pallets, cleaned up leaves under them).

Moved on to splitting, stacking and bucking more wood. Yes, in that order (had a half cart load to split and stack before bucking more). Didn't take enough pics, but here's one before I started bucking. Got through maybe a third to a half of the pile, stopped when the cart was full and the sun was setting.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,017
Tug duty today for the GS6500, after airing up all of the tires.

Cleaned up some firewood stacking areas with the smaller Trac Vac (pulled old pallets, cleaned up leaves under them).

Moved on to splitting, stacking and bucking more wood. Yes, in that order (had a half cart load to split and stack before bucking more). Didn't take enough pics, but here's one before I started bucking. Got through maybe a third to a half of the pile, stopped when the cart was full and the sun was setting.

Mike
Flat tires, one of my pet peeves. I just want to jump on the tractor and go, but slow leaks turn any job into an extra 20 minutes just to get moving.

Good couple of days for firewood; not too cold out.

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Would have done more today, but we went to the Patriots game instead. First game ever for my two sons, unfortunately ended the same way my first ever game did.

This was my first game at the "new" stadium (Gillette), so maybe I'm the jinx??? Doubt it, they've been playing poorly for most of the last half of the season. They really looked sluggish today. I'm worried about the playoffs, unless they can use this embarrassment as motivation...

I will need to buy firewood. Everything I have left was cut in the spring and split in the summer. Oak and maple, both very green.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
No, the weather was beautiful. I've been to colder games in November. The nasty weather held off until after we got home.

Mike

1001 - 1020 of 1047 Posts