I break things
Might be me, but I cant see any of your pics.
Sorry everyone. I didn't know about this. I used google pics because it was easy to link photos, not have to resize anything, and unlimited. It seems they've changed something recently. Working on a fix. I hope this isn't another Photobucket fiasco....Not just you, B440's pictures have not been showing up for awhile now.
They are not posted to MTF. They are on Google, and you have to be a member of the google group in order to see them.
Don't you have the snow/dirt blade? I was hoping that would be heavier duty than most of the Craftsman snow-only plows I have seen.Snow is in the forecast for Sunday and Monday. Decided to get the plow mounted and ready for snow removal. Found a bunch of things that needed attention.
First I noticed that the blade wasn't lifting as high as I remember so figured something was off. The front tires were down to 5lbs; inflate to 20 lbs and gained about an inch. I am running snow hog tires on the front and max inflation is about 25 lbs. That helped but something still seemed a little off.
Second, while hitting up all the lube points find that there is a 3/8 roll pin that is part of the blade lift mechanism that had grenaded. Also saw some wallowing of the holes resulting in additional play while trying to lift the blade. Probably from me pushing back banks last year...I was a little rough. I dont have any roll pins, and am not going to any stores on Black Friday so I improvised by making my own pin. I found a 3/8 bolt with a long portion of the shank that has no thread fit very snug in the hole. Cut off the thread portion, flattened the tip, drilled it for a cotter pin and now have a removable pin. I expect there will be more wallowing to the hole over time, so I will need to reinforce that portion of the lift mechanism in the future, but it will get me through this season. Reinforcement will is necessary if I actually tap into the hydraulics of the K71 to power that blade. I suspect the roll pin was also the weak link in the system that would sheer if too much stress was put on it.
Then noted a couple loose nuts and that the plate that rotates the blade and locks it to different angels had some odd wear. Upon further inspection the blade seemed extra wobbly. The main bolt seemed to loosen, or I never tightened it enough so I had to disassemble that part of the blade, grease, and reassemble.
Should be good to go for now although it may be time to order the HDAPs. I dont want to install the V-bar chains without the ground being frozen.