My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a block heater in mine today ....I can't figure out how to make one video out of a few, so I just am just posting each one...I did drain the radiator before knocking out the freeze out plug

·
Still plays with tractors
2,285 Posts
Took me three tries so so to get mine to where it didn’t leak. Sure do like the heater though. It really helps in the cold weather.

Reactions: MARK (LI)

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
I installed a block heater in mine today ....I can't figure out how to make one video out of a few, so I just am just posting each one...I did drain the radiator before knocking out the freeze out plug
You're a youtubing maniac now Mark lol. :D

I loved having block heaters on our big trucks when I worked truck fleet. Always an easy start in the winter. Does your MF stay outside?

·
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have it covered...but yes it lives outside .....for now anyway I have way too much equipment and tools in my garage..and the Broadmoor is in the shed out back.....with a bunch of other tools and stuff

Surprisingly the only tool that I don't know where it is ...is a 1/2 deep socket from my S-K 3/8 drive set

·
Super Moderator
32,625 Posts
Wow, that's some packed in storage! Time for a new shed for the MF. Just toss some camouflaged netting over it and put it between the bushes, you wife will never notice! :)

3,379 Posts
How many tractor dealers store their tractors inside? I bet none of them do. Maybe one in the showroom and that's it.

·
Super Moderator
32,625 Posts
My JD Dealer has all his new inventory inside, this includes 1000 and 2000 series machines, all the JD L&G machines and all the other brand stuff he sells. His building used to be a lumber store so it is pretty big inside.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
You don't have to store them inside but it sure keeps them in better shape without having sun/weather damage and rodent infestation problems if you can keep the shed clear of them. It cost mudyapster a chunk of coin to have his tractor (can't mention what color it was lol) separated when his outside tractor's bellhousing filled up with water and caused the linkage to rust/freeze up.

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't have to store them inside but it sure keeps them in better shape without having sun/weather damage and rodent infestation problems if you can keep the shed clear of them. It cost mudyapster a chunk of coin to have his tractor (can't mention what color it was lol) separated when his outside tractor's bellhousing filled up with water and caused the linkage to rust/freeze up.
Oh man...I didn't see him posting about that....that is a real drag...sorry to hear that he had to deal with that

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Oh man...I didn't see him posting about that....that is a real drag...sorry to hear that he had to deal with that
Yeah the dealer prep was supposed to include removal of a drain plug in the bellhousing. By the time it froze up the dealer wouldn't help him out.

·
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A concrete bench that no one sits on in front of my house just has plants on it in nice pottery usually...it is pretty heavy and it was sinking into the ground..I know I moved it by myself before, but I went to level it out and right away I realized that I had the loader ...this thing was a lot heavier than I remember it to be.....Loader came in handy

·
Super Moderator
32,625 Posts
A concrete bench that no one sits on in front of my house just has plants on it in nice pottery usually...it is pretty heavy and it was sinking into the ground..I know I moved it by myself before, but I went to level it out and right away I realized that I had the loader ...this thing was a lot heavier than I remember it to be.....Loader came in handy
View attachment 2481369 View attachment 2481370
You will find so many things for the loader to do, it'll feel like you have a helper working with you...a really strong one! :)

·
Super Moderator
32,625 Posts
I was feeling lazy and used it to carry a gallon of milk from the car to the kitchen door 😁
I suspect your wife is going to make you carry in all the groceries now! You need one of those ramps with all the wheels on it so you can dump at the door and have it run in to the kitchen!

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Man I use my loader so much. Such an awesome tool and back saver. Pulled my fencepost the other day with it, hauling heavy bags, tools, chainsaw. So good. Git sum Mark!

images (1).jpeg

·
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a couple of projects lined up for it...but thank God business has been good after kind of a slowdown during the quarantine thing, so....I am ready for snow...and the projects can wait until Spring if they have to

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
I have a couple of projects lined up for it...but thank God business has been good after kind of a slowdown during the quarantine thing, so....I am ready for snow...and the projects can wait until Spring if they have to
I thought about buying a 3/4" thick stall mat from TSC and cutting about 6" off of it to bolt across my cutting edge to plow leaves with. Curl down all the way so it squeeges. I bet it would work for snow as well.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts