My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking for a bagger for my Husqvarna 2246LS. I know the bagger is the same as the craftsman I just sold because I compared it to a Husky at lowes. They look just like the Poulans. It seems they are the same company just the names have been changed. I'd like to buy a 3 bag system for my machine but it does not seem to be listed. It looks like the only difference between most baggers is the lower chute. Soo if I get a three bag system and buy just a replacement lower chute to to adapt it to make it work. What do you think? But who, what and how do I cross reference?

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts
Husqvarna(AYP) brands

HUSQVARNA
CRAFTSMAN
POLUAN
POLUAN PRO
WEEDEATER
YAZOO-KEE
JOHANSON
BLACK MAX sold at SAM’S CLUB
RYOBI sold at HOMEDEPOT.
ARIENS lawn and yard tractors sold at Home Depot.
Any of the above brands a Bagger from them should fit your Husqvarna. :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
One more thing. I think the bracket above the draw bar at the rear of the tractor may be different between LT and GT models. At least some of the GTs have a slanted drawbar so I think you'll want one for a LT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a Poulan triple form my Husq YTH2454. Fit's perfect and simple to remove/attach. It came with two different attach brackets to work with different mowers I recon. Only complaint is that it doesn't fill evenly. Maybe something I can tweek, we'll see.

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
I bought a Poulan triple form my Husq YTH2454. Fit's perfect and simple to remove/attach. It came with two different attach brackets to work with different mowers I recon. Only complaint is that it doesn't fill evenly. Maybe something I can tweek, we'll see.
Mine fills from the left to right, so the bag under the chute fills last. I don't think it's a problem. Why do you care if it fills evenly?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hi Danno-

None of my baggers ever filled evenly, including my current CC. I just got into the habbit of checking ever so often (you will get a feel for how many rows you can mow before the end bin is filled up) and moving them around. Have fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine fills from the left to right, so the bag under the chute fills last. I don't think it's a problem. Why do you care if it fills evenly?

The one futherest from the chute fills first...then overfills before the middles starts filling. Not a HUGE issue, but when the first one overfills, stuff leaks at the cover seam. Kinda sucks because I'm ALWAYS fighting with sandburs. Thats the main reason I bag the grass clippings, to make sure those little buggers make it to the grass pill behind the shed, rather than spread around the yard destined for the bottom of a shoe...where the will inevitably make it into the house and in my foot at 2am when I walk to the kitchen for a drink of V8 spash. This will launch me into a tyrate of cussing and hollering...followed by more profanity when I pull it out, because if you familiar with these evil little manifestations of horticultural evil, they hurt worse coming out than going in.

Cliff notes: Even filling of the bags keeps me from cussing so much. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts