·
put it in the mud
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kinds of things can your garden tractor pull? lett see some pics:bananapow

·
Still plays with tractors
2,283 Posts
I posted this somewhere else on here but I'll post it here as well. I pull all kinds of things with my Power Kings. Trees are a big one for me. I even broke a chain trying to pull one over. But, the best thing I ever witnessed was a late 60's Economy with a 12hp engine pulling 2700 pounds on a dead sled to win a pull.:eek:mg: That was impressive. Sorry, I didn't get any pics. Wish I had.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I wish I had a GT with some pulling power. As it is now, all I have is a YT but it doesn't stop me from pulling a sweeper, plug aerator, log splitter, and cart. Just not all at the same time. :fing20:

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Does this count?????

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here is my less then a month old GT-5000 pulling my old trailer! :) I also have a car dolly that my old 1971 Cutom 8E (over 800 lbs) pulls around the yard. I am anxious to see how my GT-5000 will do with it.

·
2,283 Posts
LLigetfa, that's one awesome load of wood! I love a good load of firewood. Check out my picture site and you'll see my firewood set up.

·
2,283 Posts
Wow Jas .. you stack your firewood as nice as LLigrtfa does :congrats:
I don't know about that. His is pretty uniform. All I know is it's stacked nice and dry in my ten dollar corn crib I got at a local farm auction. If the wood don't keep you warm, thoughts of the price will.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
292 Posts
I dont have any pictures of it but my grandpa when he was alive had a trailer built from a model T front section that he would load up with up to 2 tons of stone ,dirt , or 5gal pails of blacktop sealer and pull it around his yard with an old amf 1414 it would never even be much above idle and would pull it without even straining right now both the trailer and the amf are at my house my brotheris trying to get my grandma to sell the amf .Im surprised he didnt beat me to this one lol the guy with the user name amf1414 is my younger brother if anyone didnt know lol hes been busy though because he just picked up a 2nd job at a local tractor/ small engine shop .

·
Registered
292 Posts
I dont have any pictures of it but my grandpa when he was alive had a trailer built from a model T front section that he would load up with up to 2 tons of stone ,dirt , or 5gal pails of blacktop sealer and pull it around his yard with an old amf 1414 it would never even be much above idle and would pull it without even straining right now both the trailer and the amf are at my house my brotheris trying to get my grandma to sell the amf .Im surprised he didnt beat me to this one lol the guy with the user name amf1414 is my younger brother if anyone didnt know lol hes been busy though because he just picked up a 2nd job at a local tractor/ small engine shop .

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
sorry for the multiple posts again im not sure if its my computer or the internet im thinking its the internet because its been slow since we got it

·
Registered
441 Posts
This was the "light" load . Did another of 40 block . Comes out to close to 2000 lbs.

The JD hauled this with no problem . 7x10 trailer with 28 14 foot 2x10s that were soaking wet . Did another load with 42 14 footers but didn't think to get a pic .

A bad storm snapped this tree so I cut the remainder down and hauled it out of the woods , down the street , and into my yard to be cut up . The little 3210V didn't even grunt .

I've also pulled my truck (96' F 150 ) around the yard with the 3210V .

Lol , even use my tractor for "shed moving" .

Haven't found anything yet that I couldn't "pull" with either tractor . Then again , if I think it might be out of their range I just use the truck anyway .

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
No pictures , it was last winter , my neighbor allows me to take firewood from trees that are blow downs , from his 15 acre woods as long as I do the trail maintenance , I had my 4'x8' utility trailer loaded with probably 600 lbs. of firewood , the trailer weighs empty 400 lbs. , so I pulled around a 1000 lbs. through 8" of snow a half mile out with my X595 ...

Later,x595

·
Registered
66 Posts
I pull my utility tralier full of firewood that probobly weighs close to 1000lbs. when full. I also pull logs, cart fulls of wood, dirt, hay, and my logsplitter.

·
22,083 Posts
A guy visiting my neighbour saw me hooking up to our 18' travel trailer with my MF12h and said " You can't pull that with that little tractor." I guess I slapped the drive control a little hard because the engine actually lugged down for a second as it took off for the back yard. Then I cranked up the throttle. I built a hydraulic 3ph hitch for that tractor and didn't even have to raise the tongue jack on the trailer. The FEL counter balanced the tongue load nicely and kept the front wheels on the ground, even with the hard acceleration and high hitch point. Never spun a wheel.

Bob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts