My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Have the usual tractor parts I need blasted / painted / powder coated.. Any rough ideas on costs? I.E. Fender pans, 54 plow, side panels, towers, etc.

Just want to go to blaster with some idea on how much it should cost..

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
471 Posts
This is comparing apple jacks to peanut brittle but here goes ...

Last spring I had a fifth-wheel tailgate made for my truck. Locally it cost me $50 to have it powder-coated. My prior guess going in was up to $150 I'd approve, anything over that I'd visit a regular body shop for a paint job.

So what's it worth to you?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The current condition will really dictate the price. Sandblasting can run as much as the powdercoating.

I took a pretty nasty set of 15x10 wheels in, and it cost $110 for gloss white.

I took 4 new heavy bike wheels, 2, candy apple red metal flake, two silver metal flake, and a bike seat in hammered copper, cost me $70.

All the air vents in my house cost me $120 to do (size not available now, can't replace them).

I made a 2' square metal magnet board for my nephew, cost me $40 for hammered copper.

I would paint the plow if I were you. You're going to knock any finish off, and paint is an easy fix.

I'm powdercoating my whole tractor and loader, but the bucket and forks will be painted so I can touch them up.

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
It can also depend upon how many different colors your doing. For example if everything is going to be one color (which it probably won't) price will go down. Other than prep work costs (like sandblasting), the other biggest influential cost factor is the number of colors.

Is everything taken apart I assume? If not, you'll want to take pieces apart to avoid dissassembly charges by the shop.

Ask the shops you're getting price quotes from if it's possible to combine your parts in with an existing order doing the same color. Often times shops- especially when you're powdercoating, will offer you a discount if add your parts in with someone eles's order assuming you're doing the same color.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Good call, except for custom colors, I just wait until they do a run of the color I want.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had a 44 inch Bercomac Snowblower that I was going to get powder coated, There were 6 or 7 parts and they were solid, but pretty rusty. I was quoted $500 to sandblast and powder coat everything.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I just had a fender pan done. It cost $175 and I supplied the powder.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I built a custom headache rack for my truck and was quoted $200 per hour for sand blasting and $300 for the powder coat.
I painted it black for less than $50.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was quoted $175 for the heat "run" and approximately $100 for materials. That should do the pan and side covers, hopefully grill too. I need to get them the parts to be sure of actual cost. Not sure about the sand blasting cost yet.

·
HD
256 Posts
I paid about 300 for stripping and powder coating of my troy bilt horse tiller. Everything was taken apart prior.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
13 Posts
I have plan to paint my tractor too. I have already bought powder coating and step ladders for it. Because My tractor is high and I need to use ladders for painting it. Plus ladders like here in review https://abovethefloor.net/ I can use in other house works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts