My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Those are all good choices, it all depends on what you will be using it for and how big of a tractor you need. But you can not go wrong with any Bolens.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You sure it is a g16? There is an H16 but not a G16, unless it is a G16XL. Also, it depends on what model eliminator. I would go for either the 1256 or the 1050.

Jason

·
Registered
526 Posts
not familiar with the g16, but either one should be able to do what you need. the hydrostatic drive with the 1256 would be my preference due to the ease of the hydro drive versus gears. from what i read a lot of work can be done with the tube frame style tractors, the large frame obviously can handle more. but it really comes down to the condition of the tractor, price and what kinds of attachments come with it. good luck with your purchase!

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
I need this tractor to be a good work horse around the yard, pulls trailer with big load, plow snow.
That 1256 is certainly a work horse and the hydro is awesome for plowing and blowing. Those hydros are super strong, as good as the gear driven in my opinion. If it has the original Wisconsin you can't go wrong.

·
5,523 Posts
That 1256 is certainly a work horse and the hydro is awesome for plowing and blowing. Those hydros are super strong, as good as the gear driven in my opinion. If it has the original Wisconsin you can't go wrong.
Ditto, I would go with the 1256 as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is there a list or database somewhere that shows each model number and if it is hydro or geared, engine HP/type, aux hydraulic, 3 pt, years manufactured, etc...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
The 1256 would be my choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts