My Tractor Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1599 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You musta been Johnny on the spot to get that. I find those deals but they are gone by the time I get in a message.
Poulan green baby!
View attachment 2458304
:ROFLMAO: Yeah the listing was up for something like 27 minutes when I got ahold of the seller. I'm usually never quick enough to grab these deals either. I made a few cuts with it, but didn't go crazy because the air filter is pretty trashed on it. I've got a new one on order already.

·
Long Time Thread Stalker
309 Posts
:ROFLMAO: Yeah the listing was up for something like 27 minutes when I got ahold of the seller. I'm usually never quick enough to grab these deals either. I made a few cuts with it, but didn't go crazy because the air filter is pretty trashed on it. I've got a new one on order already.
That thing sounds great!

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,503
Big ol tank will cut. Just hang on and let the weight carry it thru.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
2,440 Posts
I woke up this morning to get the morning paper and saw this in the driveway.

View attachment 2458192
So I mulch the mulch areas and trees. Used all 60 bags in the front yard. I could use another 60 or 100 bags for the side yard areas and backyard areas but I'm too tired. Maybe later this year. Its so expensive. That amount in the picture was $357 delivered. That was for 60 bags of mulch and 10 bags of leafgro. I placed some leafgro on some bare spots and grass seed. If that doesn't get the grass to grow I guess I'll have some sod delivered. Another back breaker. Putting sod down. I ended up aerating and seeding the whole front yard with my craftsman aerater/seeder.

20200520_092516.jpg
20200520_163644.jpg

·
Read Only
28 Posts
SOD.
don that's a nasty 3 letter word to me. that helped lead to more back problems, I put down 3.000 sq ft last year in my back yard in the spring, by fall only about half took root the rest died, part was my own fault, to much shade in spots for blue grass, should have gone all Tall Fescue , better in shade,better for traffic. like 2 great Pyrenees dogs

live and learn as this year i tilled the dead up and dropped down 100 pounds of fescue heavy shade seed.( OUCH on the cost. ouch on the back.

Attachments

2,440 Posts
That looks beautiful. I'll wait a few weeks and see if my seed takes. If it doesn't I may get some sod in the fall. I need about 600 sq. ft. where I had some maple trees removed. The tree man I hired removed all the surface roots, so now I won't have a bumpy ride on my tractor.

·
Super Moderator
28,809 Posts
Doing the little sandblasting I got done the other day I was having air leaking out of the mismatched couplers that have been on my compressor and tools and blasting pot. Tired of messing around with it I went out and bought 2 of the packs of connectors from Tractor Supply:

And then proceeded to replace every coupler on every air tool and hose that I have. Tested the connection on these and they are nice and tight! I tossed all my old ones so that I wouldn't have to deal with them again!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got my weed sling running , my weed eater head keeps flying apart lost the spring , been using my pole saw , if you ever get a chance to get a old bed liner they work good for yard dust pans ya know drag around there great .

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,511
Working on the curl cylinder mounts. Slow going today as I started ~2pm. Stopped when the wife called me in for tacos.
Love this El Yucateco black sauce. Super smoky and perfect heat.
20200521_144853.jpg
20200521_172946.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,512
Millers laying some beads down tonight. This is a junction where I have my outer 1/2" plate on top of 3/16".

The 3/16 touches channel which ties the sides to the middle bucket reinforcement. I had to jump an 1/8" area to tie it all together. Big honking weave weld. Reminds me of the ol trailer rebuild days lol.
20200521_185944.jpg

·
Super Moderator
28,809 Posts
Millers laying some beads down tonight. This is a junction where I have my outer 1/2" plate on top of 3/16".

The 3/16 touches channel which ties the sides to the middle bucket reinforcement. I had to jump an 1/8" area to tie it all together. Big honking weave weld. Reminds me of the ol trailer rebuild days lol. View attachment 2458448
Nice pattern on the weld, are you using gas with your welder, those are very clean!

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,514
Nice pattern on the weld, are you using gas with your welder, those are very clean!
Thank you sir! No, that is .030 flux core .Blue Max wire.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,515
I did quite a bit of measuring and manually curling before deciding on a cylinder length. Think I found the sweet spot of rollback at ground level and dump at full height. I'm happy with it on both ends. I'm dead beat and shut everything down and put my tools up, swept.

Still need to plumb the hoses, make a front bracket to pin the front cylinder thru, cut off the excess arm length, and weld greasable bushings in at pivot points. Also will build some bolt on caps to keep dirt out of the lift arm ends and may build a cylinder cover if I think I need it.
20200521_193147.jpg
20200521_193528.jpg
20200521_201715.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,517
Looks great Steve. Those are some nice welds!

I worked on cleaning up the free Poulan I picked up the other day. Took it apart to basically a carcass and scrubbed it with simple green in the laundry tub. I think it cleaned up pretty nice.
View attachment 2458472 View attachment 2458473 View attachment 2458474 View attachment 2458475 View attachment 2458476 View attachment 2458477 View attachment 2458478 View attachment 2458479
That thing turned out great. Lost a little weight too. You could probably sell that quick now and make a tidy profit.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,518
Got the hoses routed and hooked. The curl cylinder has tons more power than the other one. Other one had a dead spot in it that caused "bucket flop" due to the necessary angle of the cylinder needed to dump and curl using the trip dump bucket arms. The other setup wouldn't curl a bucket full of dirt or lift the tractor. This one easily lifts the tractor just with the curl. Just have a temp pin setup on the front right now.

Top of trailer is 29".
Front edge of the bucket when level and raised is 35"
Front edge of the bucket when up and curled is 40"

·
Premium Member
8,320 Posts
Nice job, Steve!

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,520
Nice job, Steve!

Mike
Thanks Mike. I thought I would be able to accept the low dumping height of the other bucket but it was ultimately a pain to deal with and limiting as to what I could do. Hope this keeps me happy till I buy a 30+HP CUT with a loader. I still have < $1000 in the bucket and all hydraulics and hoses.

1501 - 1520 of 1599 Posts