My Tractor Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 4454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,027 Posts
Horrible day. Amputee tried to sit on the floor needing to be lifted to bed. 200lbs.
350lb stroke patient nearly slid out of the chair I put him in. 4 of us kept him in it long enough to turn and put his legs on the bed and I grabbed him by the ankles and dragged him into it.
My drunk had a minute long seizure when I stood him up. Sat him down and took him in the room, ripped his gown down to hook up telemetry and his EKG stickers were not on nor were the wires. CNA ran to get some while I kept my fingers on his carotid to make sure his heart was still beating. Chucked him into bed when the seizure stopped and ran vitals. He was making an awful racket when he was seizing. Sounded like a buffalo snorting. Was not good. He's OK though.
You're off for two day now though right? Guess someone upstairs was making sure the right guy was in place to handle things for them!

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,482
You're off for two day now though right? Guess someone upstairs was making sure the right guy was in place to handle things for them!
One more day. Jeez. I had 10 patients today and 8 were maximum assist of 2 therapists. Back sore, ice on now. After you have been in a few dozen situations you just TCB. I'm glad I was there because the nurse was inexperienced and I guided him thru it.

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,483
It's gonna be hard to not do anything on Thursday. My cylinder, hoses, and fittings came in. 2" bore 16" stroke curl cylinder. I want to get this on my bucket arms BAD. Restraint ain't my strong suit but I am beat up after this week.
20200519_174053.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,485
Reactions: WrongDoug

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Felt like I worked all day and got nothing done. I did get some things done, it's just starting to drive me nuts being at home all the time and having everyone else home too. Everyone go the $%&@ back to work!

The chickens have been acting kinda odd the past week or so. They kept kicking all the straw out of the nest boxes and then they wouldn't lay their eggs in the boxes, so they would just lay them wherever. So today I used some of the oak shavings from cutting up those logs and filled the nest boxes in with it. They left it in place and 3/4 eggs made it in the boxes, so hopefully we are on the right track there.
20200519_190227.jpg

20200519_190232.jpg

Then I decided to mess around with the basket case Husqvarna 353. First I had to make a clutch tool so I used an 18mm socket and cut some notches in it with the angle grinder. Worked perfectly.
20200519_122203.jpg

I ran a tap over one of the bar studs because the threads were gakked, it cleaned them right up. I installed the chain tensioner that came in a box with the saw, and put the clutch back on. I bought a used bar and chain from my buddy, so I put it on and then borrowed the clutch cover from my 359.
IMG-20200519-WA0002.jpeg

20200519_133352.jpg

It was running a little lean so after the first tank I removed the limiter caps and richened up the mix. I ran another tank through it with the saw running fairly rich and it definitely wasn't as powerful but it still cut okay. It cuts a little faster than my 028 Wood Boss, but it doesn't have as much torque. It also doesn't have nearly as much weight either. Compression is still on the low side so it's probably going to get a new 346xp top end. This is the "warm" PSI. Cold is about 140.
IMG-20200519-WA0020.jpeg

I did use the saw to knock out a stump from a Bradford Pear I took down last year. Just gotta fill it in with dirt and put some grass over it, then I'll be able to get the 3235 to fit up that path.
20200519_140757.jpg

20200519_190108.jpg

20200519_190112.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Felt like I worked all day and got nothing done. I did get some things done, it's just starting to drive me nuts being at home all the time and having everyone else home too. Everyone go the $%&@ back to work!

The chickens have been acting kinda odd the past week or so. They kept kicking all the straw out of the nest boxes and then they wouldn't lay their eggs in the boxes, so they would just lay them wherever. So today I used some of the oak shavings from cutting up those logs and filled the nest boxes in with it. They left it in place and 3/4 eggs made it in the boxes, so hopefully we are on the right track there.
View attachment 2458134
View attachment 2458136
Then I decided to mess around with the basket case Husqvarna 353. First I had to make a clutch tool so I used an 18mm socket and cut some notches in it with the angle grinder. Worked perfectly.
View attachment 2458163
I ran a tap over one of the bar studs because the threads were gakked, it cleaned them right up. I installed the chain tensioner that came in a box with the saw, and put the clutch back on. I bought a used bar and chain from my buddy, so I put it on and then borrowed the clutch cover from my 359.
View attachment 2458162
View attachment 2458164
It was running a little lean so after the first tank I removed the limiter caps and richened up the mix. I ran another tank through it with the saw running fairly rich and it definitely wasn't as powerful but it still cut okay. It cuts a little faster than my 028 Wood Boss, but it doesn't have as much torque. It also doesn't have nearly as much weight either. Compression is still on the low side so it's probably going to get a new 346xp top end. This is the "warm" PSI. Cold is about 140.
View attachment 2458166
I did use the saw to knock out a stump from a Bradford Pear I took down last year. Just gotta fill it in with dirt and put some grass over it, then I'll be able to get the 3235 to fit up that path.
View attachment 2458165
View attachment 2458167
View attachment 2458168

View attachment 2458134
View attachment 2458136
View attachment 2458163
View attachment 2458162
View attachment 2458164
View attachment 2458166
View attachment 2458165
View attachment 2458167
View attachment 2458168
The straw may be getting bugs in it. If they take a liking to the wood chips it maybe the summer solution. Try going back to the straw this fall when it gets colder.

3,082 Posts
Would have saved my back with my 350lb stroke patient today for sure. :D

It could be worst. How you like it if all your patients have the virus and they all die and the staff is so short in the hospital because they are out on sick leave and you have to wrap them up in a body bag by yourself and take them down to the basement morgue. My wife has been doing that for last two months. You think they would have someone help her but the staff is short of help.
When she's home on her off days, she's relaxing on the patio enjoy reading a book watching the rhododendrons blooming.

20200517_154820.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,490

View attachment 2458134
View attachment 2458136
View attachment 2458163
View attachment 2458162
View attachment 2458164
View attachment 2458166
View attachment 2458165
View attachment 2458167
View attachment 2458168
Have you decided to keep that saw or sell it? Looks like you are becoming quite the saw mechanic.
It could be worst. How you like it if all your patients have the virus and they all die and the staff is so short in the hospital because they are out on sick leave and you have to wrap them up in a body bag by yourself and take them down to the basement morgue. My wife has been doing that for last two months. You think they would have someone help her but the staff is short of help.
When she's home on her off days, she's relaxing on the patio enjoy reading a book watching the rhododendrons blooming.

View attachment 2458171
I'm sorry she's having to deal with that. We've been lucky to not be in a hotspot. Hospital has a dedicated covid wing which has only had a few positives. PT only goes into that unit a couple days per week.

Our hospital furloughed at least half the staff due to low patient volumes. Now that they are allowing elective surgeries our patient load is rising and we don't have the staff to take the load. Hospital WILL NOT allow some of our staff to return although we need them.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The straw may be getting bugs in it. If they take a liking to the wood chips it maybe the summer solution. Try going back to the straw this fall when it gets colder.
I never thought of that. It was fresh straw but I didn't look too closely at it. It hadn't been a problem until a week or so ago.

Those eggs in the box look more like golf balls. They are completely round.
The chickens don't know the difference. Its to remind them where to lay the eggs. Usually you can pull them out once they start laying in the boxes but since they weren't laying all over I put them back in.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Have you decided to keep that saw or sell it? Looks like you are becoming quite the saw mechanic.
I think I'm probably gonna hold onto this one. It wasn't what I originally thought it was, but the 353 is identical to the 346xp except for the top end and the 346xp is very highly regarded because it's nimble and has a really high power to weight ratio. The 346xp top end is only about $90. And this saw was/is such a mess, part of it is just to prove a point that there is still a good saw in there.

The saws are just kinda relaxing to work on. It's fun to take a dirty old saw, sit down at the bench with a coke or a beer, and clean it and tear it apart and tinker with it. You can take the whole thing apart with hand tools in less than an hour if you are taking your time. I was never really into these Hoosken-varnens until I started working on them. The parts are just sooo cheap for them (BTW, Echo parts are even cheaper).

The dog is doing pretty well after his operation. He's just about tapered off his pain meds completely, and we took the drains out yesterday. He doesn't need the bandage anymore and the bruising has largely gone away. Still trying to keep him from overexerting himself too much but hes walking just fine and eating/drinking just fine too. He seems more itchy than anything else just from where they shaved him. He definitely seems to have a more "normal" stride with that baseball sized tumor off his chest. He still won't stand still for a picture.
20200520_090833.jpg

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Here's a video of the 353 cutting. If you listen you can hear it is running rich. I don't have a tach so I tuned it a little rich to prevent it from hurting itself. That's Oregon .325 semi-chisel chain and it's pretty sharp. I still don't know kind of wood what this log is.

·
Long Time Thread Stalker
347 Posts
Those eggs in the box look more like golf balls. They are completely round.
Its to show the chickens where to lay. Our chickens lay eggs in the duck nest when there are duck eggs in it!

·
Administrator- We’re all friends here
14,473 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Pretty good day today. Found a saw for free on FB Marketplace. A pretty cool one too, a Poulan 3400. Came with original owner's manual and receipt, originally $296.75 in 1984. It's a 56cc saw and weighs a metric ton. Guy said it hadn't run in 5 or 10 years. Compression is 125 psi which is supposedly good for this model saw. Drained the old gas out, put new gas in, and pulled the cord a few times. Check out the sweet manual that came with it.
20200520_112240.jpg

20200520_131221.jpg

20200520_131334.jpg

20200520_112325.jpg

20200520_132124.jpg

20200520_132523.jpg

Picked up a couple pallets to stack some of the firewood I've been splitting.
20200520_172548.jpg

Began working on the shed so I can get the 3235 parked inside it. Just need to make some doors and throw a bunch of stuff away.
20200520_153659.jpg

20200520_160545.jpg
20200520_170710.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,498
Pretty good day today. Found a saw for free on FB Marketplace. A pretty cool one too, a Poulan 3400. Came with original owner's manual and receipt, originally $296.75 in 1984. It's a 56cc saw and weighs a metric ton. Guy said it hadn't run in 5 or 10 years. Compression is 125 psi which is supposedly good for this model saw. Drained the old gas out, put new gas in, and pulled the cord a few times. Check out the sweet manual that came with it.
View attachment 2458286
View attachment 2458289
View attachment 2458288
View attachment 2458287
View attachment 2458285
View attachment 2458284
Picked up a couple pallets to stack some of the firewood I've been splitting.
View attachment 2458279
Began working on the shed so I can get the 3235 parked inside it. Just need to make some doors and throw a bunch of stuff away.
View attachment 2458280
View attachment 2458281 View attachment 2458283
Awesome deal Joe! I'm hoping a couple of the weedeaters I picked up are gonna do that. Got one apart with the hoses trashed. Im off for 2 days so hope to make headway with the curl cylinder mount. Just finished mowing 1.5acres with the XT3 and backed in the well/tractorhouse
20200520_185544.jpg

20200520_185905.jpg

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Thanks Steve! Yeah it was a heck of a deal! Guy said he was gonna throw it away! Back in the day Poulan used to make good stuff. The bar this one is in perfect shape and the chain sharpened up just fine. The manual that came with it is really the icing on the cake.
20200520_131307.jpg
20200520_131327.jpg
20200520_131334.jpg
20200520_131344.jpg
20200520_131350.jpg
20200520_131401.jpg
20200520_131411.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,500
Thanks Steve! Yeah it was a heck of a deal! Guy said he was gonna throw it away! Back in the day Poulan used to make good stuff. The bar this one is in perfect shape and the chain sharpened up just fine. The manual that came with it is really the icing on the cake.
View attachment 2458293 View attachment 2458294 View attachment 2458295 View attachment 2458296 View attachment 2458297 View attachment 2458298 View attachment 2458299
You musta been Johnny on the spot to get that. I find those deals but they are gone by the time I get in a message.
Poulan green baby!
09ca4-6a01156f2c3287970c0133f351a482970b-500pi.jpg

1481 - 1500 of 4454 Posts