My Tractor Forum banner
14061 - 14080 of 14287 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I guess tomorrow I’ll drop the engine off to the shop . I checked the compression yesterday and it hit the compression stroke in the cycle and man it was hard to kick that kickstart down.

the way I look at it is it has compression
There’s a brand new carb so there will be no issues with gas and there’s no way to check for spark but worse comes to worse my stator is good and I have two working coils . It’s super nice that the heat guard is on it because on the other engine it’s missing. And man it gets hot really hot 🥵

·
Administrator
12,866 Posts
On vacation this week and sitting on the deck at the family cottage. Some down time sure feels good!
8DACF698-6102-4DFE-912C-12BDC030E3C2.jpeg

On the home front I just purchased another small project for my Dad’s next birthday. Got it off of FB marketplace and luckily it was a few minutes from my kid brother who was able to swing by and grab it for me. It’s a Charmglow CC-1 gas grill from the 70’s. It’s all there except for the work tray that spans the front of the grill itself, but I’ll make one up for it. I had this exact grill 25 years ago and restored it for my dad. He used it for many years and it was a great grill and conversation piece. A family gathering at another house was the reason it was discarded. During the ride over with the grill in the bed of the pickup truck, the lid blew off on the highway (mistakenly not tied off) and a replacement was long since discontinued. I searched for a long time but finally gave up and it was sent to the scrapper. This is the first one I’ve seen since and luckily the burners and grills are still available from an aftermarket source. Going to pick it up at my brother’s house next week after work. Should be a fairly easy refresh like the other one was. And my dad is real happy about having that grill back in his yard next summer!
80840929-6C2F-4CD3-99CF-DE23F20CC581.jpeg 801FFC92-BA63-4A63-ABE4-BD43BD6FB53D.jpeg

A week off every month for the duration of this year sounds fantastic, Randy, good for you!

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
Hot and humid today in Newport, temps in the upper 80s, but it felt warmer. Severe thunderstorm warning in effect this evening.

No air quality alert, which might be a mistake, LOL... This air is no fun to breathe, thick enough with humidity to almost choke you.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
I'm so scared of this, both during this summer, and when schools reopen in the fall.

My youngest son is too young for the vaccine, but all the restrictions are being relaxed, and no one is enforcing the mask rules that are supposed to be in place for unvaccinated people.

My wife is clearly in denial ("covid fatigue" let's just call it what it is: DENIAL) about this, which doesn't help.

Mike
So at least you understand. Those in denial will get it eventually one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
There’s a brand new carb so there will be no issues with gas and there’s no way to check for spark but worse comes to worse my stator is good and I have two working coils . It’s super nice that the heat guard is on it because on the other engine it’s missing. And man it gets hot really hot 🥵
Good luck with the new engine! You have me curious, why can't you check it for spark?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
It's been the week of negativity and small positives for me so far...

Break-up has mentally drained me, haven't had alot of energy to do much of anything other than go to work....

And work itself has been mentally draining. Yesterday I finally got to do an actual sprinkler test for once, finished it in 2 hours given I'd been through the building once before and remembered the layout. Today it's right back to being alone and signing extinguisher tags through next week.

Only positives are I managed to get the week of my birthday off, and the wright saw came in finally. I just need to put it together and take some pictures of it.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
Only positives are I managed to get the week of my birthday off, and the wright saw came in finally. I just need to put it together and take some pictures of it.
I'm sorry to hear about all the negative stuff. But I'm glad that there are at least some positive things too! I hope things get better, and there will be more positives than negatives.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about all the negative stuff. But I'm glad that there are at least some positive things too! I hope things get better, and there will be more positives than negatives.
Most definitely. It's just been havoc with everything going on, still have to message lbuser back about getting a shroud for one of the mowers.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Here's the wright:

It'll get a designated thread.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
Wow, that's pretty cool! Is it kind of a powered reciprocating saw?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Yes, it's pretty cool-to me at least.

It's missing the screws(bolts?) That hold the blade and bar in place, but otherwise fairly complete. Heavy thing too.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
I've never used anything like that. I would imagine that it's slower than a chainsaw, but safer? There ought to be no kickback to worry about, at least. And still a heck of a lot faster and easier than a hand saw!

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Super Moderator
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14,076 ·
Reactions: MARK (LI)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I've never used anything like that. I would imagine that it's slower than a chainsaw, but safer? There ought to be no kickback to worry about, at least. And still a heck of a lot faster and easier than a hand saw!
It's actually slower. Also loud as there's no muffler, I may look into making some type of muffler if it comes down to it.

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
So at least you understand. Those in denial will get it eventually one way or the other.
Well, there's the problem. Son #2 can't be vaccinated, but my wife is not taking precautions with him. I'm worried that he'll catch it, and be screwed for life. There's also the very real possibility that one or more of us could also catch it from him. Especially worrying if it's Delta (or a worse variant comes along)...

It's been the week of negativity and small positives for me so far...

Break-up has mentally drained me, haven't had alot of energy to do much of anything other than go to work....

And work itself has been mentally draining. Yesterday I finally got to do an actual sprinkler test for once, finished it in 2 hours given I'd been through the building once before and remembered the layout. Today it's right back to being alone and signing extinguisher tags through next week.

Here's the wright:

View attachment 2513154

View attachment 2513155

It'll get a designated thread.
Saw looks great! Hang in there, it always gets better...

Mike

Reactions: Lb6259

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
Here's a pic from Newport this evening, literally the calm before the storm...

Mike

20210721_200156.jpg

14061 - 14080 of 14287 Posts