My Tractor Forum banner
12881 - 12900 of 14207 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,883 ·
The price on everything has gone up so much no one is buying. And now loan rates are going up.
Yeah, I hope it gets to where they have to drop prices to sell stuff. As long as people are paying it they'll keep going up. I'm fine to run the long game. I don't buy high.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,954 Posts
I had no idea that Cub Cadet sold tractors that big! I realize that they are rebranded Japanese machines, but I had always thought that Cub Cadet models topped out as garden tractors.

·
Premium Member
6,355 Posts
Completed machining the second hub, and then welding the new pulleys to the hubs. Started making replacement spacers (old ones broke while disassembling the spindles), and was about 1/2 done the first one when I realized it was too thin. I had measured the original part and the outside was 1/8", so I just started with using 1/8" steel, but the center has a lip so that side only presses against the inner race of the bearing instead of rubbing on the side of the bearing. Tomorrow, I start again with 3/16" steel (the thickness of the lip) and machine down the outside down to 1/8". Then move on to cleaning up all the parts so they are a slide-fit instead of a hammer-it-together fit.

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,886 ·
I had no idea that Cub Cadet sold tractors that big! I realize that they are rebranded Japanese machines, but I had always thought that Cub Cadet models topped out as garden tractors.
When they partnered with Yanmar you could get a 48HP Lx490 beast

·
Premium Member
11,513 Posts
I use Mean Green at 100% strength. It's made by Rust-Oleum, you can get it at Lowes or Dollar General. Simple Green works as well but it will etch aluminum.
I found Mean Green at Lowe's. It says to not to use it on aluminum. Then I looked at the labels on a bunch of other cleaners, which all said the same thing.

Maybe I'll try the Dawn?

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I found Mean Green at Lowe's. It says to not to use it on aluminum. Then I looked at the labels on a bunch of other cleaners, which all said the same thing.

Maybe I'll try the Dawn?

Mike
I think I forgot to reply to that earlier. Regular Simple Green is aggressive on aluminum, and wouldn't be my first choice.

But Simple Green HD is supposed to be safe for aluminum. This used to be listed on their website, but the last time I looked I did not find that listed (I think it had been in their FAQs). I've had no issues with carbs, etc, that I've cleaned in it. Highly recommended by me, it's pretty cheap ($15 for a gallon of concentrate), easy to find locally, and very effective, including removing oil and stuff. I think I dilute it to around 1:5 or so when using it in the ultrasonic cleaner.

Simple Green 128 oz. Pro HD Heavy-Duty Cleaner-2110000413421 - The Home Depot

I also got a gallon of Simple Green Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner off Amazon for $14 shipped a few months ago. That explicitly states it's safe for aluminum. I haven't tried it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Aircraft-Precision-Cleaner-13406/dp/B001VXU7OE/

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Greetings from Morgantown WV

Wanted to come down early in the morning but the alarm didn't go off, and after stopping for gas and dealing with a misfire on cylinder #2, didn't get up here up until about an hour ago. I have NO idea where the property line starts and stops, girlfriend can't find the survey that was done, so it's been a guessing game. The 8243ae1 needs new wheels and probably rollers, it can't pull itself up the hills, but it started in 2 pulls so I'm not too upset.

I really need to get the FS250 put together and running so I can do this right.

·
Super Moderator
10,533 Posts
If you have any idea who did the survey, you can contact them and get a copy...they will charge you..but just a nominal fee

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Oh yeah, those are a lot of very cool, and impressive-looking Cubs! Even if maybe they're just re-branded, still, you could probably have a lot of fun (I mean do a lot of work!) on one of those.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,404 Posts
My Starship Trooper Scout is on a seek and devour quest for bugs:

He is a faithful pup for sure - but he is no Denise Richards

·
Premium Member
11,513 Posts
I think I forgot to reply to that earlier. Regular Simple Green is aggressive on aluminum, and wouldn't be my first choice.

But Simple Green HD is supposed to be safe for aluminum. This used to be listed on their website, but the last time I looked I did not find that listed (I think it had been in their FAQs). I've had no issues with carbs, etc, that I've cleaned in it. Highly recommended by me, it's pretty cheap ($15 for a gallon of concentrate), easy to find locally, and very effective, including removing oil and stuff. I think I dilute it to around 1:5 or so when using it in the ultrasonic cleaner.

Simple Green 128 oz. Pro HD Heavy-Duty Cleaner-2110000413421 - The Home Depot

I also got a gallon of Simple Green Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner off Amazon for $14 shipped a few months ago. That explicitly states it's safe for aluminum. I haven't tried it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Aircraft-Precision-Cleaner-13406/dp/B001VXU7OE/
Thanks. I'll try the Simple Green HD first.

If you have any idea who did the survey, you can contact them and get a copy...they will charge you..but just a nominal fee
I tried that here, but the copy they sent was pretty illegible.

Mike

·
Premium Member
11,513 Posts
Championship game for my 10-year-old son's local team today. We got off to a decent lead, and held a 5-run lead through the middle of the fifth inning.

Unfortunately, we ran out of good pitchers, as one of the boys took the weekend off to play on his other (travel) team.

Went from 8-3 to 8-8 in the bottomof the fifth, and they stopped the inning due to mercy rule (5-run limit per inning).

With 2 outs and 2 runners on, my son hit a 2-RBI single in the top of the sixth (and final) inning. They went into the bottom of the sixth, winning 11-8.

Then, our new pitcher couldn't find the strike zone and walked through the bottom part of the order, bringing up the big bats. They ultimately lost 12-11 on a walkout single, in a devastating heartbreaker.

But, they regrouped for trophies, hot dogs and ice cream. And, many of them (across both teams) are now officially teammates on the all-star team, which starts practicing tomorrow.

My son had an awesome game. Pitched the first three innings, played first and short. He hit three singles, some RBIs, stole some bases and scored twice.

He also got the league MVP award (second time in his career)!

Mike

20210612_175826_exported_16679.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,082 Posts
Well when you start landscaping projects....they tend to grow, so went to Home Depot this morning to get 4 pavers and a cabinet for my back patio...what did I do?

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,897 ·
Looks great Tim.

I'm working this weekend. Wife went to the inlaws. The MIL made my wife a pillow with our dog on it.

20210612_173228(1)_compress20.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,082 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,899 ·
12881 - 12900 of 14207 Posts