My Tractor Forum banner
12861 - 12880 of 14208 Posts

·
Administrator
17,822 Posts
If I hadn't already filled what this can do I'd have bought this. 433hrs. Problem is it's 2WD

View attachment 2507266
Hold out for 4WD....I am glad that I have it
With my hilly property it's pretty necessary.
What's the problem???
You're innovative and obviously bored since your looking(OK browsing) for another tractor. Offer low with the reasoning that it isn't 4WD. Then buy it and make it a 4 X 4. Hmm, hydraulic motors for the front so you can turn on and off with the flick of a lever... You could maybe, probably get it done before Ellis finishes his "off again / still off again" No Boy.:ROFLMAO:
MikeC

·
Premium Member
11,513 Posts
What's the problem???
You're innovative and obviously bored since your looking(OK browsing) for another tractor. Offer low with the reasoning that it isn't 4WD. Then buy it and make it a 4 X 4. Hmm, hydraulic motors for the front so you can turn on and off with the flick of a lever... You could maybe, probably get it done before Ellis finishes his "off again / still off again" No Boy.:ROFLMAO:
MikeC
OUCH!!!

Sadly, "off again / still off again" is a theme that hits very close to (my) home, several examples are well chronicled here...

Maybe we should make up some T-shirts???

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
OUCH!!!

Sadly, "off again / still off again" is a theme that hits very close to (my) home, several examples are well chronicled here...

Maybe we should make up some T-shirts???

Mike
I also qualify for one of those. It hard to finish what needs to be done alone start what should be done. Just tugging along is a slow process. Just maybe some day we will get something done.

·
Super Moderator
10,533 Posts
That's what I was afraid someone would say. But, I may never use this again.

Can you order pipe to fit online somehow, or do you have to go to the store, wait to find the right guy, wait for him to have time, wait for the work, etc?

Mike
Takes 5 minutes...just go to the plumbing aisle...find friendly sales assistant ( that will take more time than cutting and threading) and just say I need a piece of black or galvanized pipe...1/2 inch by 271/2 inches long threaded at both ends...a good plumbing supply place should do it , too...I would not count on a HF threader at all for it...and if you do not think you will ever use it again...just buy the pieces cut and threaded for you...if you see a plumbing crew working in your neighborhood...ask one of the guys ...they probably have some scrap they could make it up for you cheap...if you feel like driving down to LI...I have some pieces laying around I could do it...give me measurements...I will have it ready for you when you arrive...friendly curbside pick up ;) :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
37,082 Posts
Still filling the pool (3 days from garden hose!!) but it should be done about dinner time or so. Moved new Ag tires to the tractor shed, might work on them today....or not! Washing clothes because the don't do that by themselves.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Of all days it rains, it had to be today.
Started off having to pick up a few things from the shop, which set me back about half an hour, soon as I pulled in the parking lot it started pouring. I've been walking around with my head staring at ceiling tiles and walls for almost 4 hours now.

I still have to load up for tomorrow too..

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
So we just dropped the Honda off at the shop and wow 🤩 . I haven’t been to his shop in close to 10 years and he has a brand new building and shop .There are few newer machines there and a old golf course mower probably from the 70s and it’s huge.

You know looking at the pictures the old bike isn’t in that bad of shape.
Oh what is this thing?

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Looks like a toro groundsmaster. There's a guy down on the main road over here that has one just like it.

Rained all day, but I'm ready to roll tomorrow.

Probably going to throw an extra trimmer in in case the km91 doesn't hold up. I WISH i had the fs250 put together already but I need a shaft, trimmer head, and handlebars....and the engine needs a coil. Luckily I was able to get it and a carburetor fairly cheap.

Edit: by hold up I mean give me issues. Granted, it's brande new so it shouldn't, but I also don't want to take that chance.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,871 ·
What's the problem???
MikeC
I could do it. Then again I am averse to being kilt and I think the wife would probably do me in in my sleep. Since she's a nurse they'd just think I died of natural causes

·
Premium Member
11,513 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
We got some rain, wind and it cooled off this evening. A few tree branch were on the ground at the neighbors when we came in this evening. We had not planed on my hair cut and new back tires on the truck taking all afternoon. It could stay this temperature for the next week and I would be happy. But back into the 90's tomorrow is what they are calling for. But this is nice while it last.

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,876 ·
@BOSOX and I were talking about Oldsmobiles and I told him my first 2 cars were a 72 and a 75 Cutlass. I dug out some old photos and took pix of them. I sent a pic and letter in to Hot Rod magazine ~1990 and they put it in the reader's section. Feeling nostalgic.

20210611_195834(1)_compress48.jpg
20210611_200034(1)_compress1(1).jpg
20210611_200049(1)_compress70(1).jpg
20210611_200110(1)_compress48.jpg
20210611_200127(1)_compress69.jpg
20210611_200139(1)_compress6.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,879 ·
12861 - 12880 of 14208 Posts