My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

12821 - 12840 of 12910 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
$100k for a truck is kinda terrifying :) Granted, it's a supercharged V8, it sounds like this is not exactly your typical pickup. But still, wow!

The weather has finally gotten more reasonable here. We'd been >90F for 5 days, and humid. That may be normal for some folks, but man, that's mighty hot for us. Today is supposed to be dryer, and in the 70s.

There was a partial solar eclipse this morning, but I forgot about it, it was around 6AM.

There was a partial eclipse here back in 2017, that was really cool. To try and show how dark it got, I took a picture before it started. And then at the peak, I took another picture from the same spot, using the same manual exposure settings. So it's an apples to apples comparison. It was really interesting! It even cooled off significantly, which I hadn't expected.

I would love to experience a more-total eclipse. I forget the percentage of that one in 2017, but it was the darkest one I had seen.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,110 Posts
. I'm keeping my 2013 until the wheels fall off and then I'll buy new wheels.
Joe...mine is a 2015.....and at my age ...doing the same...keep your eyes out for a good deal on the wheels and let me know 😁
I may have gotten one of the last really good deals on a new truck before the stupid hit. New 2017 Tacoma 4x4 for $24,000. Utility model
That wasn't a really good deal..it was a smoking hot deal...is it holding up like the T100s?...the bodies rust on them but the engines and transmissions last forever and the ones I stll see for sale have over 200K miles and going for quite a bit of money

·
Super Moderator
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,823 ·
Joe...mine is a 2015.....and at my age ...doing the same...keep your eyes out for a good deal on the wheels and let me know 😁
That wasn't a really good deal..it was a smoking hot deal...is it holding up like the T100s?...the bodies rust on them but the engines and transmissions last forever and the ones I stll see for sale have over 200K miles and going for quite a bit of money
I only have 40,000 miles on it. It should last me until I'm boots up. I chose the last all Japanese powertrain available in a Taco--the 2.7L/5MT combo. 2017 was the last year you could get the 5spd manual transmission.

We don't have a problem with rust down here. No salted roads.

·
Super Moderator
36,502 Posts
Well, just when you thought the party was over....

Mortar'd up the cracks I could see in the concrete last night (fun times!), went in this morning, hmmm... Still seems to be a few extra ants on the floor... Dropped some ant bait behind the dryer and... 5 minutes later I've got another ant super-highway, coming from behind the dryer.... Guess I'll have to grout the entire length of the base of the basement wall where it joins the foundation. I suppose I really should break out the masonry wheel and the angle grinder and actually cut a slot, shouldn't I?
Yes, you'd be further ahead eliminating that as a possibility. Ants are pretty relentless though, they always seem to find a way in.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I clicked on the Ram link and saw that it was reduced $15,000... But was listed at $106k, so this thing was $120,000. One reason i got bought my Silverado this year is it seems like Chevy will try to have more advanced tech for 2022. Touch screen is nice, but I don't need a TV screen and I don't want to pay for that or even more tech stuff I won't use.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Super Moderator
36,502 Posts
My son's local team had a playoff game tonight, tough battle, but they had to win or go home against the best team in the league...

...And they did it!!! Won 9-6 in a very close game with lots of action! It was actually shortened from 6 to 4 innings due to the time limit.

My son caught for an inning, played short, and pitched the last inning. He walked one, struck one out, and got two batters to hit into outs (one was a high popup back to him).

At the plate, he was 0 for 2 plus an RBI walk.

He got the game ball for his overall efforts. Afterwards, I told him that was great, but I couldn't believe he threw 5 balls (vs strikes). That really had him going, he thought I was seriously disappointed. He laughed with me when I told him I was kidding...

Championship game is Saturday afternoon!

Mike

View attachment 2507210
Kids aren't good with satire, good thing you let him off the hook!

·
Super Moderator
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,827 ·
This is my day off before working tomorrow thru the weekend till Tuesday. I was gonna paint the rest of the 3205 sheetmetal but it is horrible outside right now. All the windows were dripping with moisture outside when we got up. Feels like Houston here. Probably be a couch potato today.

·
Super Moderator
36,502 Posts
Well today is as warm as yesterday, but much drier and with a breeze so feels much better to be out in it.

·
Super Moderator
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,829 ·
Well today is as warm as yesterday, but much drier and with a breeze so feels much better to be out in it.
I hope it filters down my way. Brutal here

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Joe...what do you use in the ulrasonic bath?..I usually use Purple Power...it works pretty well
I use Mean Green at 100% strength. It's made by Rust-Oleum, you can get it at Lowes or Dollar General. Simple Green works as well but it will etch aluminum.

·
Super Moderator
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,832 ·

·
Super Moderator
36,502 Posts
Joe, looks like you'll have another showpiece chainsaw when you are done with that!

·
Super Moderator
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,834 ·
If I hadn't already filled what this can do I'd have bought this. 433hrs. Problem is it's 2WD

·
Super Moderator
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,837 ·
We've had thunderstorms and heavy rain the last several days to took advantage of the lull this morning and grilled boneless thighs and beef smokey sausage with all the fixin's including beans, slaw and tater tots. I won't have to cook for a few days now.
View attachment 2507268
I love doing it like that. Cook for the work week. Smart (y)

·
Super Moderator
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,838 ·

·
Premium Member
11,263 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous weather today, cooler and dry!

Yesterday, it was so humid here that you could see the condensation on the outside of the toilet tanks.

Mike

12821 - 12840 of 12910 Posts