My Tractor Forum banner

11721 - 11740 of 11973 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,721 ·
Thanks fellas. I worked in the shop all day and no problem. As I was cleaning up it felt like something got in my eye. Probably sitting on my eyebrow or in my hair and fell in.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,723 ·
Happy Birthday Burned. 🍻

When I was in first grade Tracey Smoley jammed her fingernail into my right eye on the playground (by accident)... scratched the cornea deep, hurt like a mo.
Holey Smoley!

·
Gravely1964
4,104 Posts
Well--Holy moly! My BIL (Wife's brother) lives outside of Indiana, Pa,--off 422. Up in the ;hills; as he calls them...Small world...
Has lived in that area most all his life-
glenn
Yeah coming through the Fort Pitt Tunnels is pretty cool. You go from big hillside with nothing to a full-on city skyline. Pittsburgh has a great, albeit very small skyline.
You're not far at all then. I haven't been to Kennywood in years myself. It is crazy just how far you can see from the tops of those coasters. Kinda cool that it overlooks the Edgar Thompson plant too.
Yeah run 422 everyday to work. I live in homer city to be exact. Most wood consider me the red neck/ hillbilly/ tractor nut/ mr fix it around here.

Always laugh, been in Indiana state, Florida, Georgia, Alabama talking to somebody about tractors. And always amazed that somebody has heard of my little home town.

Always a pleasure to meet or in this case talk with a few guys from this end of the state. Small world.

Work has been interesting lately. While im a small engine mechanic at an out door power equipment place. Were also a pool and spa dealer too. Recent story on potential lack of chlorine has made every body go nuts. To the point off will calulet how much you'll use for the year and your allowed so much. To be honest been the same supply since last year. But about like the tp was early on its now the thing. Pools forget about getting above grounds this year or liners. Spas had the boss's not thought ahead and been placeing orders all along are 78 weeks out from orders placed today.

My side of things, push mowers, tillers and certain tractors are tough to come by. Parts is hit or miss. Have alot machines waiting around for what feel is dumb things. Batteries can't get, one cub cadet xt2 50 needs fast attach high lift blades. Back ordered 2 weeks. Gaskets for a 3205 rear end. Back ordered no eta on that one. Just been interesting to say the least. im running outa room to store things. Swear I fix 2 and 4 more appear.

Interesting one today. Huskavarna came from rental store with briggs. Won't start ok. Turn over popping trying. Kinda figured fuel issue. Messed around no change doing usual draining fuel ect. Then it changed all of a sudden popped out intake and exhaust odd timeing changed? Checked deck, nothing jambed or blades bent. Sure as could be flywheel key way sheared though. Changed keyway. Fired lite right off. Been one of those kinda days lol. Really think since it was almost new unit. Flywheel nut not tighten correctly or to right spec.

DSC04501.JPG After work actually got some things done. 450 and 12G gravely are ready to be put in the mowing rotation. with the 817, 818-T, 8163-B, 8199-kt, 812, 424 plus the 20 walk behinds I use. Not like I have to have them lol

·
Premium Member
6,924 Posts
Happy birthday! That's a nice looking mug. Umm, how does one accidentally sell a tractor? :)

Well..... I was kinda bragging about how good & how old my 112 is & how I have too much money in it ($650 ) & I'd be thrilled to get $450 out of it. Co-worker told me to send him a couple pictures & he would pay the $450 if he thought it's worth it.

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,726 ·
Yeah run 422 everyday to work. I live in homer city to be exact. Most wood consider me the red neck/ hillbilly/ tractor nut/ mr fix it around here.

Always laugh, been in Indiana state, Florida, Georgia, Alabama talking to somebody about tractors. And always amazed that somebody has heard of my little home town.

Always a pleasure to meet or in this case talk with a few guys from this end of the state. Small world.

Work has been interesting lately. While im a small engine mechanic at an out door power equipment place. Were also a pool and spa dealer too. Recent story on potential lack of chlorine has made every body go nuts. To the point off will calulet how much you'll use for the year and your allowed so much. To be honest been the same supply since last year. But about like the tp was early on its now the thing. Pools forget about getting above grounds this year or liners. Spas had the boss's not thought ahead and been placeing orders all along are 78 weeks out from orders placed today.

My side of things, push mowers, tillers and certain tractors are tough to come by. Parts is hit or miss. Have alot machines waiting around for what feel is dumb things. Batteries can't get, one cub cadet xt2 50 needs fast attach high lift blades. Back ordered 2 weeks. Gaskets for a 3205 rear end. Back ordered no eta on that one. Just been interesting to say the least. im running outa room to store things. Swear I fix 2 and 4 more appear.

Interesting one today. Huskavarna came from rental store with briggs. Won't start ok. Turn over popping trying. Kinda figured fuel issue. Messed around no change doing usual draining fuel ect. Then it changed all of a sudden popped out intake and exhaust odd timeing changed? Checked deck, nothing jambed or blades bent. Sure as could be flywheel key way sheared though. Changed keyway. Fired lite right off. Been one of those kinda days lol. Really think since it was almost new unit. Flywheel nut not tighten correctly or to right spec.

View attachment 2501908 After work actually got some things done. 450 and 12G gravely are ready to be put in the mowing rotation. with the 817, 818-T, 8163-B, 8199-kt, 812, 424 plus the 20 walk behinds I use. Not like I have to have them lol
Here is the rear gasket for the 3205. One for separated axle covers, 2 for the single axle cover.
Cub Cadet 721-0467 MTD Transmission Gasket 3165 3184 3185 3205 3225 3235 | eBay

Here are the seals. Takes 6.

·
Gravely1964
4,104 Posts
Here is the rear gasket for the 3205. One for separated axle covers, 2 for the single axle cover.
Cub Cadet 721-0467 MTD Transmission Gasket 3165 3184 3185 3205 3225 3235 | eBay

Here are the seals. Takes 6.

If it was for myself. I'd have been all over that. From work not a thing they'll do. I really considered just rtving it. But will be last resort sorta deal. Being elite cub dealer held to higher standard sorta deals. Rear is leaking from behind the plate. Just really frustrating that cub is back ordered more than anything.

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,728 ·
If it was for myself. I'd have been all over that. From work not a thing they'll do. I really considered just rtving it. But will be last resort sorta deal. Being elite cub dealer held to higher standard sorta deals. Rear is leaking from behind the plate. Just really frustrating that cub is back ordered more than anything.
The gasket is not likely the problem but a symptom of the problem. The inner bearing block seals leak oil into the axle housings which are supposed to be dry and aren't sealed or gasketed, then oil leaks out of the bottom of the axle cover plates.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,743 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
BBQ lunch, sausages. Got a chicken side (thigh+leg) to go on later... should be a feast for me and the P. 75*+ out in the shade.

Summer's here and the time is right for dancin' in the streets. 🍻😎 (y)

·
Citizen of Earth
15,743 Posts
To bad you let it get that far. But I understand to much dust, dirt and saw dust. Don't imagine 8 years of second hand office smoke helped any either. Now it's a steady pass and get the job done.
Are you taking anything to keep those remaining lung sack's open?
Yeah, my lung doc (pulmonologist) has me on 3 different inhalers and they help. I quit smoking around 6 years ago, about 5 years too late. I've got exercises to do too. Apparently huffing and puffing is good to expand my lungs. Early in my career working as a draftsman and designer, an ashtray was pretty much standard equipment on a drafting table. The last 15 years were in a smoke free office, we had to go outside during our breaks. The next step for me is supplemental oxygen.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,743 Posts
Spent my first hour after work having my eyeball scraped around on. Felt like I got a piece of steel in it yesterday late. My wife dug around in it last night but I felt like nothing changed and I went to her clinic today.

She dyed it and numbed it, blacklight examined it, doc took swabs and scraped on it for awhile and got a little trash out of it but not from where I've been feeling it. Antibiotic drops for a few days and to the eye center if that doesn't help.
It's been over 30 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday, laying on a gurney in the ER with a doc pulling steel splinters out of both of my eyes with a magnet. They put a patch on the worst eye so I wouldn't be totally blind with instructions to cover the other one once I got home. Took about 3 days before they felt better. I hope you have better results and no damage.

Reactions: RedOctobyr

·
Citizen of Earth
15,743 Posts
"Happy birthday! That's a nice looking mug. Umm, how does one accidentally sell a tractor? :)

Well..... I was kinda bragging about how good & how old my 112 is & how I have too much money in it ($650 ) & I'd be thrilled to get $450 out of it. Co-worker told me to send him a couple pictures & he would pay the $450 if he thought it's worth it."

That is exactly how I managed to buy a '91 Olds Cutlass Supreme for $400. Best $400 I ever spent! The car had 150,000 miles on it and I added 130,000 more.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Understood. You're right, they should have one extra truck for a given reason, for planned (and unplanned) maintenance.
Yeah, they need to have another truck available even if it is shared with some other stores, just so they can sub it out or otherwise go back to running the truck 5 days a week instead of seven to allow for some downtime. Those customers will be ticked off and they have a right to be, but this issue is above my head and even above my manager's head. Unfortunately we are the one's who have to deal with the fallout.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Recent story on potential lack of chlorine has made every body go nuts. To the point off will calulet how much you'll use for the year and your allowed so much. To be honest been the same supply since last year. But about like the tp was early on its now the thing
Try selling lumber!!! Lol 7/16 OSB is at $45/sheet.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Ya if you got a pool better start laying in supplies...

The Peanut crashed out after hours of play and food and play again... got a fire going outside and fingers crossed, if not I'll toss the chook in the oven for 45 minutes. Either way OK... a little tired myself.

Tomorrow's the last vacation day but it looks like rain.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Try selling lumber!!! Lol 7/16 OSB is at $45/sheet.
Yeah, oof, plywood seems expensive at the moment! Not that I really track the prices myself, but I've heard it's gone up a LOT. I'd kind of like to add some solid plywood walls to my utility trailer, but I may try it as-is for now, and see how I do with a tarp preventing stuff from falling through the side rails. I haven't looked at thin & wide boards instead, but I suspect they're also expensive at the moment.

I had no idea that pool chlorine was in short supply. That's a real bummer, especially if you were one of the folks last year lucky enough to actually get a pool installed.

11721 - 11740 of 11973 Posts