My Tractor Forum banner

11701 - 11720 of 11973 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
//////////////////////////////////////////

A lot of big trucks, at one time--had "keyser' shut down systems if the oil/ water got low or too hot..Don't know about the newer vehicles w/ computers...

glenn
All the shutdowns are still there and probably more.

·
Premium Member
6,924 Posts
This was the weekend for me, my Birthday. cutting grass, replaced fuel line on Dad's pole saw that wouldn't start, runs great now. rolled driveway in hopes of compacting new limestone a little better. JD coffee mug is gift from daughter. And, I might have accidentally sold my beloved 112.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
My lung doc says I only have 30% use of my lungs (&^%$ cigarettes!) and it will never get better, so I have to plan my work, because everything I do has to be in installments, from simple stuff like getting dressed in the morning, taking a shower, walking into my doc's office, going to the store. I pretty much know where every park bench is at my usual stops. I've got benches strategically placed at home so I can sit and huff and puff until I catch my breath. Plus I have other chronic health issues. I figure I'm doing pretty good, because the "experts" on TV said that people like me that caught Covid were gonna die. I got thru that okay, must be because I'm too nice or maybe too mean. Which ever, I'm glad to still be here. I'm often reminded of Captain Kirk telling Spock's brother Sibok that he needs his pain, it is what keep him going. (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
To bad you let it get that far. But I understand to much dust, dirt and saw dust. Don't imagine 8 years of second hand office smoke helped any either. Now it's a steady pass and get the job done.
Are you taking anything to keep those remaining lung sack's open?

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
The garage door my dad made when he closed in our attached carport as a solid door with a pair of rollers for the top and it pivoted in the middle, so it needed very little headroom. I'm not exactly sure how it worked, as that was when I was just a kid and it has since been replaced with a regular sectional garage door.

A setup like that might give you more clearance compared with that folding door you have.
I tried rollers at the top and bottom. Both on separate tracks. Just couldn't keep the door square in the hole going up.
The way it is no there are not even any springs being used and not that hard to open.
If it were not a temporary door I would have kept playing with it.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
They won't rent one? Wow, that says a lot about what they think of their customers. You might not have to worry about working for these folks long-term...

Mike
Well renting a 24' tandem axle flatbed with a Moffett isn't exactly as easy as going over to U-Haul. It's a giant company, they aren't gonna fret too much over 3 days of missed deliveries. It's gonna create short term **** for some folks but within a week or so it should all be cleared up. They might try to move some stuff to the box truck, but lumber, decking, drywall, some flooring, block, concrete, mulch, sand, gravel, etc. can't go on the box.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,707 ·
Spent my first hour after work having my eyeball scraped around on. Felt like I got a piece of steel in it yesterday late. My wife dug around in it last night but I felt like nothing changed and I went to her clinic today.

She dyed it and numbed it, blacklight examined it, doc took swabs and scraped on it for awhile and got a little trash out of it but not from where I've been feeling it. Antibiotic drops for a few days and to the eye center if that doesn't help.

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,708 ·
My lung doc says I only have 30% use of my lungs (&^%$ cigarettes!) and it will never get better, so I have to plan my work, because everything I do has to be in installments, from simple stuff like getting dressed in the morning, taking a shower, walking into my doc's office, going to the store. I pretty much know where every park bench is at my usual stops. I've got benches strategically placed at home so I can sit and huff and puff until I catch my breath. Plus I have other chronic health issues. I figure I'm doing pretty good, because the "experts" on TV said that people like me that caught Covid were gonna die. I got thru that okay, must be because I'm too nice or maybe too mean. Which ever, I'm glad to still be here. I'm often reminded of Captain Kirk telling Spock's brother Sibok that he needs his pain, it is what keep him going. (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
When I have a COPD patient where you are right now--still wanting to be active but limited by the shortness of breath--I recommend a rollator walker with a seat. Not because you need it to steady yourself but so you can sit on it. O2 tank or concentrator will fit in the pouch under the flip up seat. No worries about "making it" to the next chair or bench.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Well renting a 24' tandem axle flatbed with a Moffett isn't exactly as easy as going over to U-Haul. It's a giant company, they aren't gonna fret too much over 3 days of missed deliveries. It's gonna create short term **** for some folks but within a week or so it should all be cleared up. They might try to move some stuff to the box truck, but lumber, decking, drywall, some flooring, block, concrete, mulch, sand, gravel, etc. can't go on the box.
Understood. You're right, they should have one extra truck for a given region, for planned (and unplanned) maintenance.

Spent my first hour after work having my eyeball scraped around on. Felt like I got a piece of steel in it yesterday late. My wife dug around in it last night but I felt like nothing changed and I went to her clinic today.

She dyed it and numbed it, blacklight examined it, doc took swabs and scraped on it for awhile and got a little trash out of it but not from where I've been feeling it. Antibiotic drops for a few days and to the eye center if that doesn't help.
YIKES!!! Good luck.

Mike

...edited for spelling...

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
This was the weekend for me, my Birthday. cutting grass, replaced fuel line on Dad's pole saw that wouldn't start, runs great now. rolled driveway in hopes of compacting new limestone a little better. JD coffee mug is gift from daughter. And, I might have accidentally sold my beloved 112.
Happy birthday! That's a nice looking mug. Umm, how does one accidentally sell a tractor? :)

Oh man, that sounds awful, I'm sorry. I hope they can get it figured out quickly, that it doesn't cause any harm, and it feels better quickly!

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Cool, what's the new camera?
It's a Canon 800D (European model). Apparently rated similar to the US model T7i, but less money (at least whatever package deal she got).

Mike

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts

Hope you find that issue, no fun having that irritating your eye.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts

OUCH! So guess we all do this stuff even though we should be old enough to know better. Hope it starts feeling better soon.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
My Buick should be ready tomorrow. My friend swears it's just a bad valve cover gasket (which only has about 50 miles on it). If it's still leaking when I get it back, I'll fix it myself.

HVAC blower motor and cabin air filter were a disaster.

My dad swears he always took care of this car. Not by the looks of it...

Mike

11701 - 11720 of 11973 Posts