My Tractor Forum banner

10801 - 10820 of 11192 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,873 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts
My first reaction was exactly what @Steve Urquell posted, but @Jere39 really outsmarted us!

As for the valuable tree, if it regrows from the stump, they'll be back for it (eventually)!

Mike
Maybe he has a long security outlook and knows that in twenty years no one will be able to steal the cart due to tree growth!! :)

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,803 ·
Work today, off tomorrow, then not off again until Tuesday. Last day of Covid duty today. There are 5 on the unit and only 2 on my list. Sure beats 60 at our peak.

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts
Finished cleaning up the gutters, one was plugged so I had to drill out the rivets and clean it out before reassembly and re-riveting it back together. The old body doesn't like going up and down stepladders too much anymore.

·
Mr Fix It
194 Posts
I can understand using lube on torsion springs, as the sides of the coils will rub against each other as the spring winds/unwinds, for extension style springs, they don't rub, just possibly (depending on how the spring is adjusted and where the door stop is) touch when the door is raised, so I wouldn't lube them unless say, rust is an issue for them...
One trick I do to prolong torsion springs and prevent binding caused by expansion of steel coils

When I wind spring just before I lock it down I apply horizontal pressure away from spring to winding bar and tap winding bar with a hammer to get a small gap between coils . You are just trying to move end locking cone 1/8”from where it naturally want to be when wound. This way coils can expand without binding when door is closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Thanks Steve. I wasn't sure if the yard was gonna feel a lot smaller with a fence around it but I'm happy to say that it doesn't. My property line is well beyond the fence so I still have plenty of room outside of the fence as well.

The dogs love being able to run around in the yard and I love that I don't have to chase after them or worry about them taking off after deer/neighbors/etc.
Congrats on the fence, we chain linked our back yard several years ago. The enclosed area is plenty large enough for the dog to run around in, us to play ball and to get around with the Cub yet small enough for me to handle clean up chores. I got one of these for daily clean up before mowing.

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts
Well I suspect that the basement entry cover will be back on in a day or two so I took advantage of it not being there to get a couple of lifts in:

Will probably start reconfiguring my machines for plow day this weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,873 Posts
NOW you're just showing off...

Mike

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Made a greenhouse run this morning:
HPIM3187.JPG

most of them are now in the pots, the pots with cages will get patio tomatoes later:
HPIM3188.JPG

HPIM3189.JPG

HPIM3190.JPG

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,812 ·
Brutal day today. CPR hands-on check off, Covid unit, staff meeting, and a 13 patient list which is impossible on any day without the rest added in. @MARK (LI) let me know it was Nat'l beer day so I HAD to begrudgingly participate.

Wife asked me to stop at the sto' and pick up a bag of ice. My local convenience store are the only ones I've ever seen carry Negra Modelo in the 22oz can so I wasn't upset about it. Sadly no Negra to be had so I grabbed this monster. 32oz High Life. We call this an "oil can" down South. Wife had tacos and homemade guacamole ready when I got home. Just settling in and the bottomless oil can is still going...

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Ha, it makes the other one look so cute. Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Reactions: Steve Urquell

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,814 ·
Ha, it makes the other one look so cute. Enjoy your day off tomorrow!
Thanks. All my parts are in for the 3240 and Imma hit it hard and try to get it buttoned up. Wife put some chuckeye steaks in the fridge with Worcestershire on them. Told me I'm grilling tomorrow.

Oil can says: "Leetle beer I will crush you!"

IDK why but oil can is speaking with a Romanian accent in my head. Hmm, maybe I'm channeling Bebop.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,817 ·
View attachment 2497858 my daughters not the only one who can find a 4 leaf clover I'm up to two I will go looking again tomorrow .
My wife has a knack for finding them. IDK if I've found 2 in my whole life. She finds 2 every time she looks. Glue hmm? Looks like you have a plan.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,297 Posts
This day kind of meandered around, but I actually got some stuff done. Started out intending to remove the plow and install the grapple for a week of further clean-up in the woods. Seems like everything I do has 3-6 tangents, so first I removed the rubber edge of the plow while it was still connected to take advantage of the lift for working.

With the edge off, I cleaned the plow and used a quick coat of a cleaner/wax.

Then I set off to a not-so-local Deere dealer with a gift certificate in my pocket to pick up a new rubber edge. I got the certificate for this "Deere in the Snow" picture that won a contest on their site:

Well, it turns out the right rubber edge was not in stock, but they could order it for me. Well, it was a nice afternoon for a drive, but, I didn't envision driving there twice for a rubber edge. So, I walked around their show room. And, declared myself in need of a Felling Ax. I have a Fiskars splitting ax, a Craftsman maul, a Fiskars hatchet. None of which are the right tool for driving felling wedges, nor limbing stuff after felling. So, I picked up a Stihl "Woodcutter Universal Forestry/Felling Axe with a 23½" handle. Scout and I just had to stick it in a block to share with you:

Decided the rubber edge I had would be good enough for another year, reversed it, bolted it back up to the plow, pulled the plow, flipped the angle cylinder, mounted the grapple - and I'm set for some final sawing, grappling, chipping tomorrow before the mower deck. Here on my property, I like to install the mower deck on tax day. Won't be able to wait till June this year, so next week.

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,820 ·
Reactions: bontai Joe
10801 - 10820 of 11192 Posts