Any questions?

Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,871 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
I'll link my build thread. Not really on the downforce. The only time I use DF on the 3240 is using my middlebuster. Downforce unloads your rear tires. You can get around it by hanging weight on your implements and it doesn't cause you to lose traction so readily. Weighted implements are more useful than downforce.
Thanks, I'll have to check that out. And that makes sense, about weighting the implement.

I need to give some thought to whether there's a good way to make an actuator setup that could float, or easily be changed to providing DF. That would seem ideal. Apparently the Johnny Products manual->electric sleeve hitch conversion kit doesn't permit float, so maybe there's not a nice slick way to do it.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
You guys are forgetting two very basic things:

1. People are stupid.

2. You can't fix stupid.

Any questions?

Mike
Wait.... errr, what was the first one again?

Nothing is idiot-proof. Idiot-resistant is the best we can hope for.

·
Super Moderator
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,785 ·
Thanks, I'll have to check that out. And that makes sense, about weighting the implement.

I need to give some thought to whether there's a good way to make an actuator setup that could float, or easily be changed to providing DF. That would seem ideal. Apparently the Johnny Products manual->electric sleeve hitch conversion kit doesn't permit float, so maybe there's not a nice slick way to do it.
The JP sleeve hitch has mechanical float. You switch the actuator from a hole to a slot. The hitch floats up in the slot.

Below is how I made a mechanical float setup on my hitch.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
The JP sleeve hitch has mechanical float. You switch the actuator from a hole to a slot. The hitch floats up in the slot.
I think @Sergeant had said the actual JP hitch can do DF, or float. But that they conversion kit they sell, to upgrade manual sleeve hitches, is only fixed (no float option). What I'd be trying to do would be closer to their manual-to-electric upgrade situation, I suspect.

Upgrade kit from an existing manual hitch:
Electric sleeve hitch upgrade

"Full" JP sleeve hitch:
Universal Sleeve Hitch

Reactions: mikeinri

·
Super Moderator
17,034 Posts
I think @Sergeant had said the actual JP hitch can do DF, or float. But that they conversion kit they sell, to upgrade manual sleeve hitches, is only fixed (no float option). What I'd be trying to do would be closer to their manual-to-electric upgrade situation, I suspect.

Upgrade kit from an existing manual hitch:
Electric sleeve hitch upgrade

"Full" JP sleeve hitch:
Universal Sleeve Hitch
I have the Agri-Fab Built Cub OEM sleeve Hitch with the Johnny Products electric Lift Kit On My XT3 GSX. On My JD GX335 I have the Johnny Products Universal electric lift sleeve Hitch That has a Float Option Built Into the Hitch with a Change of a Pin. I found I don't Like the Float Option though if using the sleeve Hitch Plow Fine with all other Sleeve Hitch Implements as they still lift High enough for transport from Garden to Barn the float with 10inch Plow the Tip of the 10 Plow is Maybe 2inches off the Ground. I Mostly just leave the Universal In standard Down Pressure Mode (y)

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
I am unfortunately familiar with head trauma:

View attachment 2497682

View attachment 2497684

Staples, stitches, concussion(s) - but never at my own hand. These wounds were sports injuries inflicted by a couple of folks who should not have been playing. Kind of reported as an accident, but in my mind any injury due to improper action is not an accident. Stay safe out there.
I have had my share of those. Total of 88 stiches and staples in 66 years. I know that chicken feed for some but it didn't impress the family doctor at all.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Yep. Apparently we have to physically block entry. Florescent orange signs saying "DO NOT ENTER. COVID UNIT" aren't clearly worded enough.
Upon unauthorized entry you will be forced to quarantine in the dungun for 7 days, make it stick and bill their insurance company for their stupidity. They will remember next time.

·
Super Moderator
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,790 ·
Upon unauthorized entry you will be forced to quarantine in the dungun for 7 days, make it stick and bill their insurance company for their stupidity. They will remember next time.
This lady was so completely clueless she didn't even react or slow her pace when the OT and I were approaching her in full Covid gear. Like it was a normal every day thing for people to be wearing.

20201020_134433(1)_compress46.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Anyone want to guess why my Frankenstein John Deere, Ford GT, Ag Fab, Ohio Steel, Jackson Yard cart is chained to a tree stump?

·
Super Moderator
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,792 ·
Anyone want to guess why my Frankenstein John Deere, Ford GT, Ag Fab, Ohio Steel, Jackson Yard cart is chained to a tree stump? View attachment 2497735
If that was a "Caption This" post I'd say "No one's gonna steal my cart with it chained to a stump."

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Jackson carts tongue has bends in them, so If the cart stops moving & the X595 don't stop, then the cart tougue needs reshaped, here is an old pic of the bends in the tongue, maybe I should pull the Jackson cart with only a 112. When the tongue is out-of-shape the cart won't latch in place

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,297 Posts

·
Citizen of Earth
15,671 Posts
Jere, I don't have photos of my wounds, and they would probably turn a few stomachs. I had my lower left ear sewn back on with over a dozen stitches, 6 stitches about 1/4" below my right eye, 5 stitches on the back of my head, and I have 2 grooves gouged out of my right cheek that they didn't treat beyond cleaning and bandaging. I have an actual "dent" in the back of my head where I hit the pavement and another "dent" high up on my right forehead from hitting a concrete door lintel.

As far as preventing idiots from wandering into the Covid unit, my local grocery store still has an armed guard at the door. They have been there inforcing the ever changing rules for over a year now and they are only protecting groceries. I'm a bit surprised you don't have a guard at the door, or that the door isn't locked.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
...unfortunately, the tree it was chained to was worth more than the cart, so they stole the tree...
They left the stump though, idiots! That's where trees come from! So just wait a bit, and poof, you get a free replacement tree. Like a lizard regrowing its tail.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
This lady was so completely clueless she didn't even react or slow her pace when the OT and I were approaching her in full Covid gear. Like it was a normal every day thing for people to be wearing.

View attachment 2497734
I dunno, Steve, looks like just a normal mask setup to me. Just like how a Deere X738, for instance, is just silly, since that's the same tractor I can get at Lowes for $1,500!

10781 - 10800 of 11192 Posts