My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 100 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
What year is the Regal?

Mike
1987. It's been a long term on and off project for the past 8 years. I did all the body work several years ago then last year built up this monster of on an engine for it. Now I decided I wanted to clean up the engine bay before I installed it, so I pulled the front clip back off and now I keep finding things to fix! Lol

As I bought it-

joe15.jpg
joe17.jpg

Photos throughout the process-

image (3).jpeg
IMG_20190603_183135203.jpg

IMG_20190607_095418767.jpg
IMG_20190907_164905912.jpg

Where I am now-

IMG_20191112_161710042.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
Wow, that's come a long way! Was it originally a rust belt car?

Mike

·
Registered
895 Posts
Wow, that's come a long way! Was it originally a rust belt car?

Mike
Thanks, as far as I know it's always been a Pittsburgh car, it definitely had its share of rust. It's been awhile but I looked up the VIN once, and I think it was originally a rental car. It had a "No Smoking" decal on the dash, sonthat would make sense. I didnt know that at the time I bought it, but it really wouldnt have made a difference. I was just looking for something to wrench on.

·
We're all friends here
13,842 Posts
Nice work on the Buick, Joe. I love the color. That will make a great addition to the local car shows. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Shenanigans today. Attempted to break a couple tires off Tacoma wheels with the 3240. No go and they were stuck like a mother-bear. I know I can do it with my truck but want a spotter here to make sure I don't flip a wheel into the side of it. Valve cores were out.

Go ahead, it's OK to laugh at me...I did. :D
20200213_134827[1].jpg

20200213_135438[1].jpg

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
A jack-all under a bumper (none-plastic) works for me for breaking the beads on tires. l wouldn't have used the bucket with those teeth in the sidewall to break it free, as the sidewall is easier to damage compared to the tread...

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
A jack-all under a bumper (none-plastic) works for me for breaking the beads on tires. l wouldn't have used the bucket with those teeth in the sidewall to break it free, as the sidewall is easier to damage compared to the tread...
Both tires are rock cut thru the tread so no worries as they are toast. I was playing around today but have done the jack under a car before breaking mower tire beads.
0109191710a[1].jpg

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Not sure that is the right tool for the job; just glad you didn't flip your cub over trying to break that bead!!!:):LOL:;):ROFLMAO:
Gotta do dumb stuff every now and again to keep feeling young. Also don't want ER docs to go hungry. :D

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I'm broke too but I think we're talking two different things :ROFLMAO:
I was just playin today. When I get serious stuff gets tow-up yo'

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm shopping replacement trucks. I want to get rid of my 95 F150 (anyone interested?) and my Subaru Outback and buy one vehicle to replace both. I'm not brand loyal to anything but I want a diesel and I think the 99-03 7.3L Powerstokes, the 03-07 Ram 5.9L Common Rail Cummins, and the 05-early 07 Chevy/GMC 6.6L LBZ Duramaxs are the best choices. Any thoughts?

81 - 100 of 252 Posts