My Tractor Forum banner

781 - 798 of 798 Posts

·
We're all friends here
14,001 Posts
Al, your tractor looks immaculate!
Thanks, Dave. It still is in pretty nice shape after 11 years.

Joe, I'd take spruce trees any day over pines. I have two on the property that I'd like to have removed. Too messy.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #783
Burning my pile. Also noticed cedar rust has taken hold of my trees
20200405_102457.jpg
20200405_104117.jpg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I had a job lined up for a set of brakes so I did that this morning. In the process I broke my 3/8" drive bit for my electric impact. So I went over to Home Depot to buy a new one and the line is out the door with idiots in surgical masks buying literally any supplies they can get their hands on. So I left. I'm not waiting 20 minutes in line for a $5 bit. I'm getting fed up with this Coronavirus process.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #785 (Edited by Moderator)
I had a job lined up for a set of brakes so I did that this morning. In the process I broke my 3/8" drive bit for my electric impact. So I went over to Home Depot to buy a new one and the line is out the door with idiots in surgical masks buying literally any supplies they can get their hands on. So I left. I'm not waiting 20 minutes in line for a $5 bit. I'm getting fed up with this Coronavirus process.
I'm dreading the coming shelter in place order. People are being horrible right now

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm dreading the coming shelter in place order. People are being horrible right now
And yet all I keep hearing is how people are "helping support each other" and "we're all in this together."

Yeah, everyone will help each other until it comes down to the last roll of toilet paper on the shelf at Walmart.

Heck with all this stuff. Everyone go back to work! Let me buy my impact bits.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
I
I keep tools in multiples except for the expensive stuff. That would have been just a trip to a different tool box and replace at a later date.
I needed a 20mm deep well the other day while working on a paint sprayer. Guess that's an odd size. Could not find one in any of the boxes. Fortunately was able to work around it but will pick one up someday.
Oh by the way Saturday is the day the crazies show up at HD even in good times. They are also limiting the amount general public in the store. I have some paint sprayer parts to order and will do it online.

·
Administrator
5,182 Posts
Finished my front bucket the other day, waiting for the ground to dry up a bit to try it out. While waiting, I started my next project. I have a push mower that I hook to the front of a tractor to cut the steep bank in front of my house. It's only 17" wide and I want something wider. I have an old 38" deck and a lawn mower engine. The 2 are meant for each other. Here it is so far.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I

I keep tools in multiples except for the expensive stuff. That would have been just a trip to a different tool box and replace at a later date.
I needed a 20mm deep well the other day while working on a paint sprayer. Guess that's an odd size. Could not find one in any of the boxes. Fortunately was able to work around it but will pick one up someday.
Oh by the way Saturday is the day the crazies show up at HD even in good times. They are also limiting the amount general public in the store. I have some paint sprayer parts to order and will do it online.
I keep multiples of lots of tools, especially bits and sockets but just didn't happen to have this particular one. I have multiple impacts, so I just switched from the cordless electric to one of my air impacts. I know Saturdays are always crazy at HD but sundays are usually a little easier. I guess it is home improvement season though.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #790
Finished my front bucket the other day, waiting for the ground to dry up a bit to try it out. While waiting, I started my next project. I have a push mower that I hook to the front of a tractor to cut the steep bank in front of my house. It's only 17" wide and I want something wider. I have an old 38" deck and a lawn mower engine. The 2 are meant for each other. Here it is so far. View attachment 2451261

View attachment 2451264

View attachment 2451267

View attachment 2451269

View attachment 2451270
I considered doing something like that with my shaft driven 44" deck off my 3240 hooked to the front PTO. Great idea.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #791
ANyone care to help me find a switch for my drill press? @ChuckT Take a look. Guardian press with a switch that mounts by having a piece of steel mash into it. It's nothing special (just a 115v rocker) but I can't find anything like it.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
If you have a Granger Supply close they may had access to something that will work. From every thing online no one really knows who even manufactured that drill press or its point of origin.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #793
If you have a Granger Supply close they may had access to something that will work. From every thing online no one really knows who even manufactured that drill press or its point of origin.
I'm kinda being lazy about it. I have a push in switch wired up right now. I can go out and cut the mounting plate to accept it if I need to. Hoping someone comes along and knows where/if the factory switch is available.

·
Administrator
5,182 Posts
I'm kinda being lazy about it. I have a push in switch wired up right now. I can go out and cut the mounting plate to accept it if I need to. Hoping someone comes along and knows where/if the factory switch is available.
Is there anything in those other 2 spots of that panel? Maybe you can make a new panel for there with a different style switch.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #795
Is there anything in those other 2 spots of that panel? Maybe you can make a new panel for there with a different style switch.
the other side has the light switch in it. I have 2 rocker switches in my cart on ebay right now. Probably will retrofit it into a fabbed panel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Finished power washing our camper today. Started a week ago but you know how things go. Pulled it out last week and it would fart but not start. Pulled the gas line off at the tank and no gas. emptied and cleaned the tank and had gas flowing. Started and ran for a couple mins and quit. Took carb off and cleaned it. started up an ran good. Cool untill yesterday so tried again. Went to hook the water up and the hose end was messed up. Was going to go to the hardware store for a end but I had another hose on the reel. When I tried to take the coupling apart it wouldn't come apart. Ended up trying a pipe wrench on the male end and messed that up. Had to go to the store after all,was going to get two ends but they only had one. Got half it washed and ran out of gas. I was out of gas too and it was beer time so finished today.

Plan to take it to our camping lot n the Shenandoah river and we will "shelter in place" there.

781 - 798 of 798 Posts