My Tractor Forum banner

581 - 600 of 708 Posts

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Nice looking layout, Oldham. Why don't you go to the hobby section and post some more pictures. I'm sure there are other model railroaders like myself on here who would like to see them and maybe post some of their own.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Working (from home) while watching the kids.

My wife just told me that she's now on call, labor pool for her hospital (like Steve). Supposedly voluntary, we'll see how long that lasts.

Mike

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Did some grilling of my own today. I also grill all winter. Admittedly I cheat, my grill is NG. Sorry Hank Hill, no propane here.

20200325_180050.jpg
20200325_180105.jpg

I also ran my 2 cycle commerical Toro around today and sucked up some more spring yard debris. I picked this mower up for $100 over the winter and fixed it up. Has a Suzuki engine, starts on the first pull every time. Its self propelled and good thing, because its insanely heavy. I think it's a 1989.

20200325_174246.jpg

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Joe, natural gas must save you a lot of time running around filling bottles. Is that a light on the grill handle?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice looking layout, Oldham. Why don't you go to the hobby section and post some more pictures. I'm sure there are other model railroaders like myself on here who would like to see them and maybe post some of their own.
I did... it's in the Hobby Forum, under Lionel trains. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Oldham, that's a great looking layout. I have some old Lionels that were my Dad's as a kid. I dont have the space or patience for a layout.

Joe, natural gas must save you a lot of time running around filling bottles. Is that a light on the grill handle?
It does save me a lot time. And I use the grill a lot. Actually up until a couple months ago when I bought a propane heater for my garage, I probably hadn't bought or exchanged a propane tank in 15 years. And yeah that is an LED light on the handle. It turns on when you open the lid. Kinda of a gimmick but I guess it has been useful a handful of times.
20200325_192014.jpg

It was supposed to be rainy all day today and while it rained this morning, it was beautiful this afternoon and evening. Things are really starting to green up. The trees are just starting to bud and some of my bulbs are just starting to pop up.

I pulled the rest of the 4 mil plastic off of the chicken coop as it's warm enough at this point they don't need it.
20200325_185154.jpg

20200325_185359.jpg

I was gonna wash the truck today but it's not that dirty and I'm not that energetic :ROFLMAO: I love to wrench on cars but I hate, hate, hate cleaning them. I did order some Monroe Gas Magnum shocks for it off RockAuto today. I was going to spring for Bilsteins but I just can't justify the cost. I'm generally leery of Monroes but the Gas Magnums seem to have good reviews.
20200325_184623~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #587
Oldham, that's a great looking layout. I have some old Lionels that were my Dad's as a kid. I dont have the space or patience for a layout.

It does save me a lot time. And I use the grill a lot. Actually up until a couple months ago when I bought a propane heater for my garage, I probably hadn't bought or exchanged a propane tank in 15 years. And yeah that is an LED light on the handle. It turns on when you open the lid. Kinda of a gimmick but I guess it has been useful a handful of times.
View attachment 2449830

It was supposed to be rainy all day today and while it rained this morning, it was beautiful this afternoon and evening. Things are really starting to green up. The trees are just starting to bud and some of my bulbs are just starting to pop up.

I pulled the rest of the 4 mil plastic off of the chicken coop as it's warm enough at this point they don't need it.
View attachment 2449828
View attachment 2449831

I was gonna wash the truck today but it's not that dirty and I'm not that energetic :ROFLMAO: I love to wrench on cars but I hate, hate, hate cleaning them. I did order some Monroe Gas Magnum shocks for it off RockAuto today. I was going to spring for Bilsteins but I just can't justify the cost. I'm generally leery of Monroes but the Gas Magnums seem to have good reviews.
View attachment 2449826
Those ladies look happy and healthy. I'm the same on washing stuff. Live 1.5 miles down dirt and my truck is always dirty. All the manual car washes are out of business around here as well so that doesnt help.

I put some Rancho shocks on my last Ranger and They were solid for 80,000 miles or more--still good when I traded it in. That's saying a lot due to my road.

·
Registered
35 Posts

View attachment 2449830

View attachment 2449828
View attachment 2449831

View attachment 2449826
Thanks, Joe! That's a great looking chicken coop... and happy chickens too.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Those ladies look happy and healthy. I'm the same on washing stuff. Live 1.5 miles down dirt and my truck is always dirty. All the manual car washes are out of business around here as well so that doesnt help.

I put some Rancho shocks on my last Ranger and They were solid for 80,000 miles or more--still good when I traded it in. That's saying a lot due to my road.
The girls are doing very well. I get 3-4 eggs a day. I'm planning on raising the height of the pen roof soon to 8' from 4' so it'll be walk-in size for easier cleaning.

I don't like having dirty vehicles, but washing them is such a pain. I do a thorough wash, clay and wax usually once or twice a year, but the truck gets parked outside and those all terrain tires tend to sling all kind of mud, so it immediately gets dirty again. it's just too much work to keep it spotless all the time. I run it through the coin op wash or get a bucket and a hose if it gets really dirty but beyond that, I don't let it bother me.

Ranchos are made by the same company as Monroe, Tenneco I think. The Gas Magnums aren't their cheapest shocks, they are marketed as a slight upgrade over OE for trucks. Anything is bound to be better than the original 160k mile Sachs that are on the front.

Thanks, Joe! That's a great looking chicken coop... and happy chickens too.
Thanks Doug, the coop works pretty well. The chickens are a lot of fun, I enjoy having them.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Worked on getting the internet up and running again and the wives phone she washed. The phone got replaced and she had better not wash this one.
Came home and moved a trailer that needs the deck replaced tomorrow. Worked some more on the siding for the house. Yes I know need to post some pictures.

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Joe, are you selling eggs or trying to eat all of them?

Around here in winter it is difficult to keep a vehicle clean for more than a day. I do my best to get out with a few buckets of warm water and soft bristled, long-handled brush when the temp is above freezing. I never liked a dirty vehicle and am too cheap to visit the car wash twice a week. During warm weather it's a lot easier to keep it clean. My wife's car literally lives in the garage. After 10 years it has 14k miles on it. I've only waxed it twice.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Joe, are you selling eggs or trying to eat all of them?

Around here in winter it is difficult to keep a vehicle clean for more than a day. I do my best to get out with a few buckets of warm water and soft bristled, long-handled brush when the temp is above freezing. I never liked a dirty vehicle and am too cheap to visit the car wash twice a week. During warm weather it's a lot easier to keep it clean. My wife's car literally lives in the garage. After 10 years it has 14k miles on it. I've only waxed it twice.
Al, with only 4 birds I don't bother selling them, but I live with 4 other people, we eat most of them. I give a lot of them away too. I give some to family and friends, I gave some to the mail lady the other day. I'd give some to my neighbors but they are mostly a-holes so I don't bother :ROFLMAO:

·
close enuff works for me
2,984 Posts
Installed new lights on my utility trailer ,amazon delivered them (am staying at home).While under the trailer I looked at the tires,,,they looked good from the out side.This tire is probably 20 years old and was still "new" never used,,, 2 years ago when I put it on the trailer. Have used the trailer for local runs only and rarely goes over 45 mph . Yeah,,no matter how good they look old tires are not safe.
IMG_0602.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Worked on the trailer deck. Old decking has been there 20 years and buried under construction junk for the last three years.
20200326_134905.jpg
20200326_134905.jpg

Stripped to bare bones and lose bolts tightened.
20200326_143933.jpg

New boards installed. Was surprised the old bolts were still good. Guess it paid to use galvanized bolts and nuts. Some how I can up a bolt short and a few nuts. The nuts some how had come loose and had fallen off over the years.
20200326_164658.jpg

If this treated deck last 20 years and should considering the old one wasnt even treated lumber it should be the last time I should ever have to replace it.
Now for the siding picture of work still in progress. The roofing need to be installed before I can finish on this portion. Doesn't look to bad for the amount of recycled materials. The siding is new.
20200326_164311.jpg
Part of the Ariens collection got included.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #596
Installed new lights on my utility trailer ,amazon delivered them (am staying at home).While under the trailer I looked at the tires,,,they looked good from the out side.This tire is probably 20 years old and was still "new" never used,,, 2 years ago when I put it on the trailer. Have used the trailer for local runs only and rarely goes over 45 mph . Yeah,,no matter how good they look old tires are not safe.
View attachment 2449930
No joke. I had my old Corvette sitting in the garage and went out one day and a tire had exploded like a recap blowing off a semi-truck just sitting there. When I sold it I told the buyer about it and said--DO NOT drive it on those tires. Made a believer out of me.
Worked on the trailer deck. Old decking has been there 20 years and buried under construction junk for the last three years. View attachment 2449925 View attachment 2449925
Stripped to bare bones and lose bolts tightened. View attachment 2449926
New boards installed. Was surprised the old bolts were still good. Guess it paid to use galvanized bolts and nuts. Some how I can up a bolt short and a few nuts. The nuts some how had come loose and had fallen off over the years. View attachment 2449927
If this treated deck last 20 years and should considering the old one wasnt even treated lumber it should be the last time I should ever have to replace it.
Now for the siding picture of work still in progress. The roofing need to be installed before I can finish on this portion. Doesn't look to bad for the amount of recycled materials. The siding is new. View attachment 2449929 Part of the Ariens collection got included.
Nice work! And you got pics in here too WOOT! :D

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Nice job on the trailer deck! How long did that project take?

Mike

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I ordered all new power steering hoses to install the Saginaw van pump on my F150. The return hose is the same but the pressure hoses are different. The hoses shipped separately, but fortunately the pressure hose arrived today which meant I could install the pump. It was an easy job and the Saginaw pump is whisper quiet! I filled it up with about a quart of Valvoline Maxlife power steering fluid. The new return hose should be here tomorrow and I'll swap it out and then top the fluid off. No more Ford P/S pump whine! Take a listen.

Ford CII Pump-

Saginaw Pump-

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've been using the original Seafoam for my cars and small engines for years and I noticed today while getting power steering fluid Seafoam came out with a product that looks to be their own version of Lucas Injector Cleaner. The bottles are nearly identical and the labels basically read the same. Price point was the same too. I bought both just because I was intrigued by how similar they were.

20200311_115828.jpg

Also, boot scraper is working well so far-

20200326_181035.jpg

581 - 600 of 708 Posts