My Tractor Forum banner

561 - 580 of 713 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Time for the Gurney races!!!
Yeah, no kidding. I'm curious as to patient population. We are isolating Covid tested patients to ICU and PT is not treating there at all.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have the yellow one although mine is all black. It's all steel construction and I mounted it in the middle of my garage ceiling along side a cord reel. I ran air hose from the compressor to it and it's been up there for 10yrs or so. FIL bought one of those plastic ones from Atwoods and the retract mechanism broke within a year.
I like the yellow/black spool better than the plastic one, but I want the green hybrid hose!

·
Super Moderator
27,463 Posts
Doug, see if the ends of your green hybrid are the same as the hose on the reel, if so it may be able to work on the spool. If there is a difference in thickness of the hose though it may not work!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Doug, see if the ends of your green hybrid are the same as the hose on the reel, if so it may be able to work on the spool. If there is a difference in thickness of the hose though it may not work!
I was starting to think the same thing as I was typing out my last post. Mine just has standard 1/4-18 NPT male threads on both ends.

I'm picky about the green hoses because they are just so good. They are really lightweight, very flexible in all temps, they don't stiffen over time, and they have no memory whatsoever.

But I really want a retractable reel too!

I'm gonna find a way to have my cake and eat it too!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
I was starting to think the same thing as I was typing out my last post. Mine just has standard 1/4-18 NPT male threads on both ends.

I'm picky about the green hoses because they are just so good. They are really lightweight, very flexible in all temps, they don't stiffen over time, and they have no memory whatsoever.

But I really want a retractable reel too!

I'm gonna find a way to have my cake and eat it too!
Any 3/8" hose should work. My ends are 1/4" NPT. I planned on putting a quality hose on my reel when this one dies. I've cut a few inches off it as it cracked.

Hospital is weird. No one in the halls except staff. Looks like a ghost town. 5 patient list when I usually have 10.

I like to take extra time with my patients so it's fine by me. Had to get admin involved to allow a family member into the hospital to train them on mobilizing a patient they are taking home.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Any 3/8" hose should work. My ends are 1/4" NPT. I planned on putting a quality hose on my reel when this one dies. I've cut a few inches off it as it cracked.
Now you got me thinking. Maybe I'll buy the reel and swap the hoses. Future project.

I got the seat back into the truck today. It's a night and day difference. It is so much more comfortable. I sit about an inch higher, my back doesnt feel sore after driving and I don't slide towards the door the whole ride. I love it. I also ordered a few different power steering hoses online so I can hook up the Saginaw pump.
20200324_112103.jpg

I installed the boot scraper on the back porch. Seems to be decent quality. Ran my **** kickers through it a couple times and no bristles fell out.
20200324_192652.jpg

They are calling for heavy rain through Monday. Yay. Its nice out right now and I'm talking advantage of it-
20200324_192847.jpg

Go ahead, make fun of the beer. It's hard to find beer right now, no one has my usual Yuengling.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #567 (Edited)
Now you got me thinking. Maybe I'll buy the reel and swap the hoses. Future project.

I got the seat back into the truck today. It's a night and day difference. It is so much more comfortable. I sit about an inch higher, my back doesnt feel sore after driving and I don't slide towards the door the whole ride. I love it. I also ordered a few different power steering hoses online so I can hook up the Saginaw pump.
View attachment 2449696

I installed the boot scraper on the back porch. Seems to be decent quality. Ran my **** kickers through it a couple times and no bristles fell out.
View attachment 2449697

They are calling for heavy rain through Monday. Yay. Its nice out right now and I'm talking advantage of it-
View attachment 2449698

Go ahead, make fun of the beer. It's hard to find beer right now, no one has my usual Yuengling.
I'll reiterate: I love my hose reel. I always had hoses on the floor and no more. So nice. That's a shop purchse you'll smile at every time you need to use an air hose.

Awesome on the seat. On the boot scraper: What are **** kickers? Are they something like chit kickers? 😈

WRT the beer: If I were a new brewer I'd bash you for it. After brewing for 12 years I'll say there is a beer for every occasion and I've brewed light beer and enjoyed it in the summer months.

If you want a really tasty gateway beer that's not crazy then pick up some Founder's Gold. That's my favorite light summer chugger. Not a fan of that Japanese beer Ying Ling. (JK--I actually toured the Tampa brewery) :D

ETA: I fixed a paint can today that was sputtering and quit. Pulled the tip off and filled it with thinner. Then pushed the stem down with needle nose pliers. Paint like cheese whiz came out then stopped. I used a torch tip cleaner to clean out the stem then pushed down on it again and got paint. Filled it up with thinner and put the tip back on. Paint sprayed out like normal and I saved a full paint can.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Here in MA, we had something like a 25% increase in confirmed corona cases overnight. I'm hoping that's just because they're testing more people...

Mike

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'll reiterate: I love my hose reel. I always had hoses on the floor and no more. So nice. That's a shop purchse you'll smile at every time you need to use an air hose.

Awesome on the seat. On the boot scraper: What are **** kickers? Are they something like chit kickers? 😈

WRT the beer: If I were a new brewer I'd bash you for it. After brewing for 12 years I'll say there is a beer for every occasion and I've brewed light beer and enjoyed it in the summer months.

If you want a really tasty gateway beer that's not crazy then pick up some Founder's Gold. That's my favorite light summer chugger. Not a fan of that Japanese beer Ying Ling. (JK--I actually toured the Tampa brewery) :D

ETA: I fixed a paint can today that was sputtering and quit. Pulled the tip off and filled it with thinner. Then pushed the stem down with needle nose pliers. Paint like cheese whiz came out then stopped. I used a torch tip cleaner to clean out the stem then pushed down on it again and got paint. Filled it up with thinner and put the tip back on. Paint sprayed out like normal and I saved a full paint can.
The hose reel will be added to the agenda.

$HlT kickers, chit kickers, all the same.

As for beer- I will drink the cheapest, most watered down p*ss water beer you can find and I won't complain. I am the opposite of a beer snob, I'm a beer slob :ROFLMAO:

I do like Yuengling Lager though. They are a PA company so I try to buy it. I'll drink Iron City (as previously mentioned, I'll drink anything) but it's far from my first pick.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Rained and was gloomy all day. Its so wet now it will take a week for the high spots to dry out with more coming later in the week.
Havent had a beer since last September. Six pack still sitting in the frig. Guess when the bottled water runs out it will cut the taste of tap water.
The seat looks nice back where it belongs.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #572

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Really great that you wasted no time getting that thing hooked up and working!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
27,463 Posts
Mount just like the front blade, two spring loaded latches and plug in the lines and you are ready to work! Only thing I had to do was hook the lines up first and "lift" the bucket a bit so that I could get the mounting pins in the frame. Took about 5 minutes to mount it.

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Nice loader, Tim. Another toy for you to play with. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
Grillin. Obligatory Cub 3240 shot in the background
20200325_125741.jpg

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
I can smell those burgers from here. 🍔 We use the grill all winter. Although I have to shovel snow off the deck to get to the grill, it's worth it. Burgers, steaks and chops just aren't the same in the oven.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
Looking good, just the right amount of char on them!!!!
They went just a little longer, few dogs splittin. Burger in the belly. Good stuff.
I can smell those burgers from here. 🍔 We use the grill all winter. Although I have to shovel snow off the deck to get to the grill, it's worth it. Burgers, steaks and chops just aren't the same in the oven.
Dang straight. Nothing like it. I grill all winter too. Light my coal with a propane weed burner.

561 - 580 of 713 Posts