My Tractor Forum banner

541 - 560 of 711 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
And we're off!! Propane weed burner FTW!
20200323_092904.jpg

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
The propane tank is kind of close to the fire. A slight gas leak and a spark could blow it up and take the Cub with it...and you, if you're near it. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
The propane tank is kind of close to the fire. A slight gas leak and a spark could blow it up and take the Cub with it...and you, if you're near it. :eek:
Lol. Perspective. Its farther back than you think and I moved it right after the pic.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I had an option to keep my last house as a rental. Passed as I didn't want to have to keep up 2 houses and we needed the equity for the new house.

Glad to see you getting your GT out. I forgot that thing had the 60" deck on it.
That's what I did. The rental property is a duplex, it was my first house. I lived in one side and rented out the other. When I built my current house, I kept it and rented out the side I lived on. It's paid off now so its great when stuff isn't breaking.

I was really glad to clock some seat time myself. Between nasty weather and breakdowns I haven't had much chance to use it. It's pouring rain right now so I won't be getting it out today. At least the rain will help the grass soak up the weed and feed.

Did I say 60" deck? I meant 54". The overall width is close to 60", that's what I must've been thinking. The 54" is still huge compared to my old 38". It's fine for the vast majority of the yard but there are a few tight paths that I used to squeeze the 1525 through that it won't fit on.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
That's what I did. The rental property is a duplex, it was my first house. I lived in one side and rented out the other. When I built my current house, I kept it and rented out the side I lived on. It's paid off now so its great when stuff isn't breaking.

I was really glad to clock some seat time myself. Between nasty weather and breakdowns I haven't had much chance to use it. It's pouring rain right now so I won't be getting it out today. At least the rain will help the grass soak up the weed and feed.

Did I say 60" deck? I meant 54". The overall width is close to 60", that's what I must've been thinking. The 54" is still huge compared to my old 38". It's fine for the vast majority of the yard but there are a few tight paths that I used to squeeze the 1525 through that it won't fit on.
I wish I could've done the same with my last house but didn't have the money to swing it.

I had the same issues going from 48" to 54". Added a double gate to get thru my backyard fence and cut everything else out of the way.

Cut up that tall tree to get it on the pile.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Working today. Covered the trailer with a giant tarp (no pic) before the snow hit, got home too late last night to put anything away from yesterday's haul...

It's really just the mill/drill and its stand and table, as well as two steel filing cabinets. The engine hoist was mine (purchased for this task).

Glad I kept the legs down on the hoist, and used two straps on it and the mill. One of the straps on the mill broke en route home (20-mile commute). Fortunately, I stopped three times (errands), and wisely checked everything at each stop. Found the break on stop #2. The second strap held, and the hoist helped keep the cart in one place.

I only had 6 straps with me, and used them all.

Mike

20200322_181132.jpg
20200322_184605.jpg

·
3,307 Posts
Bit of a long day. Got a late night text from my other tenant who said she now had a leaking pipe. Great, this again. Fortunately it was in a pretty easy spot and so 18" of copper and two propress fittings and it was all taken care of.
Those propress fittings are a real time saver....but man they cost...which machine do you have to crimp them?...How do you like it?..Despite the cost contractors save a lot of money because of all the time they save...and...in NYC (likely other locals too) you are not always setting off fire alarms...which costs even more time...and in some cases sets off sprinkler systems.which can cause water damage...$$$$
Mike I missed your post about inheriting that machine from work....sweet! (y)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Those propress fittings are a real time saver....but man they cost...which machine do you have to crimp them?...How do you like it?..Despite the cost contractors save a lot of money because of all the time they save...and...in NYC (likely other locals too) you are not always setting off fire alarms...which costs even more time...and in some cases sets off sprinkler systems.which can cause water damage...$$$$
The fittings are cheap, the tool is what is expensive. I don't own the tool, I borrow it from work. But it is a Milwaukee M18 with 1/2 to 2 inch jaws. The jaws are a little bulky when working in tight spaces but it's as good as any other propress I've used. I love Milwaukee's newer M18 stuff. I have their drills and a couple impact drivers. I like it way more than the Dewalt 20V stuff I used to have.

·
3,307 Posts
There is a manual tool (not Milwaukee) for about 200 bucks ...but it takes a lot of strength and really need 2 people to seat it on the fitting and operate it and keep it straight....no good in corners or close to a ceiling...a lot of my tools were under water during the flood here from Sandy in 2012 I washed them in WD40 that I was able to get in gallon cans...I am still using all of the Milwaukee stuff...all my DeWalt and Makita stuff never did work again......at all. :confused:..have you ever tried the RIGID tool?...I wonder if it is as good as the Milwaukee
A friend of mine has been using them since they came out....he owns a big heating service company in NYC....when he placed a big order for sweat fittings for a big boiler installation, the supply house told him about the pro press stuff.....so he bought everything...a lot of 2" stuff included...I believe the set up was not cordless when first available...anyway he was skeptical, but said he saved so much in labor time that it was well worth it...his men do excellent work, but would wind up with a leak on a sweat fitting every once in a great while...no leaks ever with the pressed fittings

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Thanks. It'll be a while before it gets settled in and used.

It's missing the arbors, tooling and vise (apparently all of those were taken to the new building by the R&D team when they moved). I have a line on a (free) vise, but will need to buy arbors and tooling.

I first want to get a rolling frame for it. I can't find it now, but saw an article/forum post somewhere showing frames with casters that raise and lower for machines like this.

And it needs 220 volt power, which I don't currently have in the garage, but is the perfect excuse to upgrade the power there and finally run a line out to the shed.

Mike

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Mark I dont have any experience with the Rigid tool but Rigid is a pretty good name.

I picked up my seat from the upholstery shop today. It came out great. I put the tracks back on it and it just needs put back in the truck. It's 2 bolts and 2 nuts, it only takes a minute. I'll do that tomorrow.
20200323_192440.jpg

I went over to Harbor Freight and bought an air hose because I really needed one. I was all set to buy the green hybrid hose on the enclosed reel, but noticed it was only rated at 150 PSI. I definitely wanted a PVC/Rubber hybrid hose. The hybrid hose that was not on a reel was rated at 300 psi. So I went with the one without a reel. It was only $30 and it's a lot better than what I had so it'll do for now.
20200323_195256.jpg

I also stopped over to Home Depot and bought a new trash can. The smaller of my two trash cans was cracked and always seems to be overflowing by garbage day. So I bought a new 96 gallon can that is identical to the other can I have.

While I was there I saw they had boot scrapers in the main aisle. I've been wanting one for my back porch on account of how muddy the yard has been, so I bought one.
20200323_195456.jpg

The governor has issued a stay-at-home order for the entire county that went into effect at 8 PM. It doesn't really change anything but they really do not want anyone going out now.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
So the sleeve hitch fork set was built for my other XT3 and the angles are wrong for my 3240. Using it irritated me off more than helped. I said to heck with that nonsense today and built a forkset for my bucket.

My other set is also T-posts and handle 400lbs well so I'm fine with them for my bucket as I don't intend to lift >300lbs with them. I wanted no tool attach so built it to use 1/2" pins.

I plan to build a couple plugs to keep dirt out of the retention pipes. If I bend a T-post I'll build some pipe forks. Ran out of time and will squirt some black on it later.
20200323_152352.jpg

20200323_160650.jpg

20200323_164822.jpg

20200323_165638.jpg

20200323_172709.jpg
20200323_172718.jpg
20200323_181227.jpg

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Forks look good Steve.

Forgot, I took a picture of the seat build tag I laminated. I slipped it back into the bottom of the seat so it'll stay with it.
20200323_155546.jpg

Also Mark, heres a picture of the propress I use.
20200229_105643.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,231 Posts
First time grilling in 2020

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #555
Mark I dont have any experience with the Rigid tool but Rigid is a pretty good name.

I picked up my seat from the upholstery shop today. It came out great. I put the tracks back on it and it just needs put back in the truck. It's 2 bolts and 2 nuts, it only takes a minute. I'll do that tomorrow.
View attachment 2449583

I went over to Harbor Freight and bought an air hose because I really needed one. I was all set to buy the green hybrid hose on the enclosed reel, but noticed it was only rated at 150 PSI. I definitely wanted a PVC/Rubber hybrid hose. The hybrid hose that was not on a reel was rated at 300 psi. So I went with the one without a reel. It was only $30 and it's a lot better than what I had so it'll do for now.
View attachment 2449584

I also stopped over to Home Depot and bought a new trash can. The smaller of my two trash cans was cracked and always seems to be overflowing by garbage day. So I bought a new 96 gallon can that is identical to the other can I have.

While I was there I saw they had boot scrapers in the main aisle. I've been wanting one for my back porch on account of how muddy the yard has been, so I bought one.
View attachment 2449585

The governor has issued a stay-at-home order for the entire county that went into effect at 8 PM. It doesn't really change anything but they really do not want anyone going out now.
Seat came out great. Should be much more comfortable. I have the HF retractable hose reel and love it. No probs running up to 140psi for the last 10 yrs.

Sounds like you had a productive day.
First time grilling in 2020 View attachment 2449601
Yum. I wanted to do that today but got busy with my projects.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts

View attachment 2449583

View attachment 2449584

View attachment 2449585

Let us know how that boot scraper works out. The one I got from HF was a disappointment and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Seat came out great. Should be much more comfortable. I have the HF retractable hose reel and love it. No probs running up to 140psi for the last 10 yrs.
I'm very happy with the job the upholstery shop did. Really a nice guy too. I'm excited to actually sit in it and see how it feels.

Which HF air hose do you have? This one-

Or this one?

Let us know how that boot scraper works out. The one I got from HF was a disappointment and needs to be replaced.
Will do. The bristles seem nice and stiff, hopefully they are glued in well enough.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #558
I'm very happy with the job the upholstery shop did. Really a nice guy too. I'm excited to actually sit in it and see how it feels.

Which HF air hose do you have? This one-

Or this one?

Will do. The bristles seem nice and stiff, hopefully they are glued in well enough.
I have the yellow one although mine is all black. It's all steel construction and I mounted it in the middle of my garage ceiling along side a cord reel. I ran air hose from the compressor to it and it's been up there for 10yrs or so. FIL bought one of those plastic ones from Atwoods and the retract mechanism broke within a year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #559
Gonna be weird today. No patient visitors are allowed except in certain conditions--minors, end of life, emergency surgery, critical condition, obstretrics(1 visitor).

All elective surgeries have been cancelled. Boss is asking for anyone who wants to take off to do so. I took Friday and Monday off so I'm going in today. Gonna be strange.

541 - 560 of 711 Posts