My Tractor Forum banner

2981 - 3000 of 3076 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,982
This afternoon my printer alerted me about low on ink. I got on Amazon Prime to order some and do you know three hours after I made a purchase for ink it was at my front door.
That's pretty awesome. Never had one shorter than 3 days out here in the woods.

Reactions: AddictedToTractors

·
Long Time Thread Stalker
342 Posts
That's pretty awesome. Never had one shorter than 3 days out here in the woods.
Up here in the great white north 3 days is lightning fast!, it’s nothing to wait a week or two

·
Super Moderator
29,944 Posts
Started bolting deck in place, just started raining though so going to be delay again!

ugh so may be done for the day.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Didn't find the bolt for my rifle, I looked for a few hours. Frustrating. Poured rain today so there wasn't a whole lot to do outside, wound up being a slow day.

There were some more rabbits in the yard, the small dog felt compelled to do something about it-

20200801_201227~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,989
Didn't find the bolt for my rifle, I looked for a few hours. Frustrating. Poured rain today so there wasn't a whole lot to do outside, wound up being a slow day.

There were some more rabbits in the yard, the small dog felt compelled to do something about it-

View attachment 2468133
Good thing that dog ain't chasing for a meal. They always outrun my chihuahua too.

Watching a couple does and twin fawns in the yard tonight.

20200801_193913.jpg

·
3,212 Posts
Started bolting deck in place, just started raining though so going to be delay again!
Talk of rain moves me to ask if you've allowed for board expansion and contraction in your mounting of them.

Ie. slightly slotted mounting holes in the steel.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Good thing that dog ain't chasing for a meal. They always outrun my chihuahua too.
She could almost catch them if she'd just pay attention to where they are running. She's fast for how small she is, I can't catch her if she takes off. She was supposed to be a Maltese Yorkie mix, but I think that's BS. The yoda ears are a dead giveaway.

20200714_124830.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,992
She could almost catch them if she'd just pay attention to where they are running. She's fast for how small she is, I can't catch her if she takes off. She was supposed to be a Maltese Yorkie mix, but I think that's BS. The yoda ears are a dead giveaway.

View attachment 2468140
Looks like a sweet lil dog. My chi has actually caught a rabbit, bumped it right in the rear with her nose but then didn't know what to do lol.

Reactions: WrongDoug

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
Finally no rain today. I got the lawn mowed this afternoon. Taking no chances on it staying dry. More rain predicted for the next few days. Like we got almost 10 inches last week why do I need more so soon.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Looks like a sweet lil dog. My chi has actually caught a rabbit, bumped it right in the rear with her nose but then didn't know what to do lol.
She's a little brat, lmao. She's funny though, she must have a hunting gene or something, because she will chase after birds, deer, rabbits, whatever. Meanwhile the other dog won't even sit up if there isn't food involved :ROFLMAO:

20200709_185715.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Talk of rain moves me to ask if you've allowed for board expansion and contraction in your mounting of them.

Ie. slightly slotted mounting holes in the steel.
I've never heard of this. What direction do you make the slots (down the long axis of the trailer or across)?

Mike

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I've never heard of this. What direction do you make the slots (down the long axis of the trailer or across)?

Mike
You would make the slots side to side so that the boards can move a little if they expand or contact with the heat/cold, dryness/humidity. So they won't buckle against each other. Ideally you'd have the boards spaced far enough apart, 3/8ths to 1/2 inch or so is probably enough that the boards won't touch even if they had expanded to their yield point. Which would make slots unnecessary, but wouldn't hurt anything either.

·
3,212 Posts
They can expand and contract in either direction... if you're using for example M6 (10mm head/1/4 20) bolts to fasten 'em down drill an M12 (7/16 or even a 1/2") hole in the steel, and/or slots fore to aft. Sideways expansion won't really cause stress on the fasteners as long as the spacing is good. Use locking Nysert nuts and big washers, and don't go crazy torquing 'em up.

Width is also a factor yes but to a lesser degree, but leave a good gap between the boards. Aids in drainage and drying.

·
3,212 Posts
Also do yourself a favor and grab a router or plane and take the corners and edges off those deck boards, topside at least; the slivers you'll not get will be nice.

·
3,212 Posts
Found a wasp nest... just about the same time they found me. Took a couple hits, one in the face and one on my right hand. Nasty bunch, usually we get along.

Carb cleaner and a blowtorch, revenge.

Chicken and shrimp BBQ tonight, weather's holding.

2981 - 3000 of 3076 Posts