My Tractor Forum banner
29641 - 29660 of 29721 Posts

· Premium Member
17,130 Posts
Got through a major(ish) milestone at work today. Too boring to discuss here...

Have also been looking at new chainsaws, not that I really "need" one, but my Husqvarna 350 is 18 years old.

Mike

Reactions: bontai Joe

· Super Moderator
14,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29,642 ·
Got through a major(ish) milestone at work today. Too boring to discuss here...

Have also been looking at new chainsaws, not that I really "need" one, but my Husqvarna 350 is 18 years old.

Mike
It'll be Echo for my next new saw. Pro saw at a consumer saw price

· Premium Member
17,130 Posts
Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Fixing to get ready to fix stuff...

Took the starter cover off my Husqy 350 chainsaw, kill switch wire was cut in half. Looks like the shroud cracked where it holds that wire, and it slipped out and got cut by the flywheel. The shroud is super-thin plastic. Not overly impressed with the design (although it did last 18 years). Off to buy parts...

Moved on to putting the new flat free wheels onto my hand truck, the new hubs are a smidge narrower than the originals. Off to buy washers...

Mike

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Took the starter cover off my Husqy 350 chainsaw, kill switch wire was cut in half. Looks like the shroud cracked where it holds that wire, and it slipped out and got cut by the flywheel. The shroud is super-thin plastic. Not overly impressed with the design (although it did last 18 years). Off to buy parts...

Moved on to putting the new flat free wheels onto my hand truck, the new hubs are a smidge narrower than the originals. Off to buy washers...

Mike
My winter overhaul of our Bronco convinced me that I absolutely needed to replenish the mixed washer drawer of my hardware cab. I was struggling to find the right washers, in the right amount.
A couple of days later I stopped in to our local TS.
Went to the nuts/ bolts/ washer and hardware isle, grabbed 2 plastic bags off the roll, doubled them up and proceeded to fill with 8 or 10 of each size galvy washers, from really little to really BIG washers in the bins.
I went to the register with something north of 2-1/2 pounds of galvy washers. If memory serves I paid something south of $10.
My washer drawer is now replenished for most any instant need ... again ;)(y)

Renster

Post Script;

Happy Day 'O The Preacher to you as well Mike ... 🍀🍀🍀🤝🤝🤝🍻🍻🍻

· Super Moderator
14,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29,647 ·
Bittersweet day. My student's last day and I will preceptor a new hire starting Monday. My student was awesome and I will try to get her hired on after her school is over and she has her license.

She wrote me a very nice thank you note thanking me for my instruction. Really sweet gal and going to be a great PTA.

· Super Moderator
14,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29,648 ·
My winter overhaul of our Bronco convinced me that I absolutely needed to replenish the mixed washer drawer of my hardware cab. I was struggling to find the right washers, in the right amount.
Went to the nuts/ bolts/ washer and hardware isle, grabbed 2 plastic bags off the roll, doubled them up and proceeded to fill with 8 or 10 of each size galvy washers, from really little to really BIG washers in the bins.
I went to the register with something north of 2-1/2 pounds of galvy washers. If memory serves I paid something south of $10.

Renster

Post Script;

I do similar. I keep plenty of 1/4-3/8" stuff. Sometimes I find stuff cheap in flea mkts and pick it up. I got several 100pc bags of washers and bolts awhile back for a buck a bag.

· Premium Member
17,130 Posts

Renster

Post Script;

Great idea. Once I get the shed and garage cleaned out and reorganized, I'll set up and stock a hardware cabinet.

Mike

· Premium Member
This end up.
11,311 Posts
Football helmet Photograph Sports uniform Helmet Football equipment

After way too much time, money and effort, I finally completed the engine rebuild for my '12 Silverado 3500, and got it fired up and running.

Details here:

· Premium Member
10,292 Posts
The day didn't go as planned. Not all eating establishments have Irish origins. But all seam to have corn beef on St Pat's day. Could not even get a good Irish brew. Now I will have to buy more than one two get my yearly. Oh well I have my Irish cook book. So some time next week I will be spending time on the kitchen. I have a special day coming up and it will be time to party.

· Super Moderator
47,547 Posts
View attachment 2586149
After way too much time, money and effort, I finally completed the engine rebuild for my '12 Silverado 3500, and got it fired up and running.

Details here:
Congrats Dave on that rebuild and taking us through the process. You have way more talent with engines than I'll ever have. Glad you have it up and running now!

· Premium Member
17,130 Posts
The day didn't go as planned. Not all eating establishments have Irish origins. But all seam to have corn beef on St Pat's day. Could not even get a good Irish brew. Now I will have to buy more than one two get my yearly. Oh well I have my Irish cook book. So some time next week I will be spending time on the kitchen. I have a special day coming up and it will be time to party.
We never go out on St Patrick's Day. Too many drunks on the road.

I have a cookbook that I bought on my one and only trip to Ireland. It's 100% potato recipes. I figured that was perfect (I am Irish, and love potatoes).

Mike

· Premium Member
17,130 Posts
Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Mike
Despite my Irish heritage, yesterday was not very lucky for me, hunting for Husqy saw parts. Went to one dealer (big JD dealer on Rt 146), only to find out that they stopped being a Husqy dealer several years ago, and didn't have anything left that I could have used.

Called two other dealers (from the TSC parking lot next door), neither had the parts, and said they were backorder.

So, I found what I needed on eBay (Husqvarna dealers elsewhere), and have to wait...

TSC didn't have the exact washers I needed, but they did have shims. I put a 14 gauge on the inside, and an 18 on the outside, plus the original washer (18 gauge) on the far outside, and it's all better. Probably could have used two sets of 14s, but it's a 20-year-old hand truck, not a F1 race car, LOL...

Gas Bicycle part Automotive exterior Tire Automotive tire
Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Parts purchased...

Fluid Font Liquid Transparency Packing materials
Font Material property Rectangle Paper Transparency

Wheel Tire Tread Rim Automotive wheel system

I highly recommend this upgrade! My old tires were on plastic rims, with no bushings or bearings. These are steel rims with ball bearings!

And, the capacity of the tires is 400 pounds (each, I assume, for a total of 800). The hand truck's capacity is "only" 600 pounds, not that I'll ever come close to that.

The tires are $35 each at Lowe's and HD...

Mike

· Premium Member
10,292 Posts
Left this morning at 10:30. Drive 35 miles unloaded the truck. Moved two arm loads of sewing stuff for the trailer to the house. Then put last week's load of laundry away, stripped the bed. We then drove another twenty miles down the road to Walmart pharmacy and grocery shopping. We are now sitting 24 miles from Walmart eating lunch. Been here for twenty minutes. It's now a little after 0200.
No woman in tow get in get out and only picked up what was on the list.
Life is different that for sure.

· Super Moderator
17,786 Posts
We never go out on St Patrick's Day. Too many drunks on the road.

I have a cookbook that I bought on my one and only trip to Ireland. It's 100% potato recipes. I figured that was perfect (I am Irish, and love potatoes).

Mike
If you want a great recipe for Irish Soda Bread. let me know....it was my grandmother's , and it is good!

· Super Moderator
17,786 Posts
What did I do today?...I am afraid that I may have done something more sure fire than @PA318Guy 's snow slippers and @tracktortag 's new looking Drift Buster to bring on snow......I took the blower off the Broadmoor...I adjusted the valves on it when I mounted the blower, and it was running great.....I don't know what happened but it sounds awful, now....going to remove the carb tomorrow and give ia bath in the ultrasonic cleaner and poke out all of the orifices and see if that gets it back to its former splendor :unsure:

· Super Moderator
14,606 Posts
Thanks for taking the blower off, Mark! I see a nice spring snowstorm for us for sure now. :D Good luck with the Broadmoor. I'm sure it's minor and you'll have it running well in no time. Or just in time to mount the blower back up again. :)

Just saw your last post too. Great looking soda bread, and corned beef. I like the Legal Sea Foods pot.

29641 - 29660 of 29721 Posts