My Tractor Forum banner

2941 - 2960 of 3076 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm really starting to hate those deer...

That trailer looks awesome out of the garage!!!

I'll be doing some trailer work this weekend (cleaning and rewiring a galvanized boat trailer, preparing to sell). Nothing compared to this!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
29,944 Posts
That trailer looks awesome out of the garage!!!

I'll be doing some trailer work this weekend (cleaning and rewiring a galvanized boat trailer, preparing to sell). Nothing compared to this!

Mike
Thanks Mike! Been a long time getting to this point, it's about 88 degrees out right now so I'm taking a break and will hopefully get the wiring done and tested tomorrow and started on getting the deck installed. Hoping to have it road ready by the weekend!

I doubt I'll ever do this job again so figured I'd better try to get it right this time. There were a few mishaps though, I missed cleaning over one weld spot and the primer there was bad and it pulled up with some of the painters tape, the blessing was it isn't in a highly visible location.

Good luck cleaning up and selling your trailer. It will be nice to sit back and admire someone else trailer work for a bit!!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,945
I caught a Road runner taking a dust bath.
That's awesome. I used to see them a lot in AZ. Was glad to see them again in AR. I don't see many here and love it when I do. Had one sniping lizards off my deck a few years ago.

104.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,946

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That's Deer chit Mike. I've been seeing deer in my backyard just about everyday for the past few months. I really hate them. Not just because they eat flowers, but because they carry ticks. I really have no interest in hunting but it's tempting to get a hunting license just so I can take out a few of them.

The rabbits won't leave. Here they are just now-
20200729_195700.jpg

We do get an occasional coyote and there are plenty of black bears around, but I've never seen one in my back woods.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Made it out to another junkyard today and grabbed a better skid plate plate I'll need for my sway bar install. It was still a bit bent but I got it mostly straight.
20200729_150825.jpg

I also picked up a factory auto dimming mirror which was a somewhat uncommon option. The ones in these trucks are a little wider than a lot of other auto dimming mirrors. I got the wiring harness for it as well, which includes wiring for illuminated visors, if I can ever find a set in gray.
20200729_120213.jpg

Nice thing about Fords is that they are prewired for everything, the connector is already there, so run the wire and it's plug and play.
20200729_122355.jpg

Connector for the illuminated visors-
20200729_123209.jpg
20200729_152006.jpg

·
Super Moderator
29,944 Posts
That does look good. Nice work, you should be proud of it.
Thanks Randy I am happy with how it's turned out, sort of thinking I should have gone with yellow wheels but not going to do it now.

·
We're all friends here
14,347 Posts
Tim, your efforts have paid off. The trailer is looking really good...if you like green. :p
i prefer orange, myself. Imagine what that would look like. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
29,944 Posts
Well, working in the front yard to do the wiring and then started to feel sprinkles( large drops from last nights rain), didn't think that would be good for my power supply and electric soldering gun, so bagged it for today! Did get the left side done and validated that I have good ground continuity to front trailer plug. Anyways here are a couple of shots:

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Thanks Mike!

Good luck cleaning up and selling your trailer. It will be nice to sit back and admire someone else trailer work for a bit!!
Thanks, I think I'm going to need it! Weather is supposed to be upper 80s Saturday, and upper 70s Sunday.

I'm just rewiring and washing (at least, that's the plan as of now). The boat itself also needs a little work (and a lot of cleaning).

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
Four days of on and off rain. Waiting on the usual 3 or 4 day period of sun shine that taunts us into thinking it will dry up enough that things can be done outside without working in the mud.
Other than that I extracted 62 screws from a hard wood floor yesterday. Installed 6 plugs today. Now the holes are to big and the plugs fall threw. Going to have to make the holes bigger and make some more plugs. Just got to like people that think screwing hard wood down and breaking the screws off is the thing to do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,954
My one day off till Tuesday. Cleaning the 3205 up in prep for tearing into the rear axle to fix leaking pillow block seals. Drained and washed the tank out too.

Still need to figure out what size fuel line this thing is supposed to have and what filter is at the rear. It has a mix of 1/4" and 5/16" fuel lines and the parts diagrams don't show the rear filter. Front filter is 5/16".

Reactions: WrongDoug

·
Super Moderator
29,944 Posts
My one day off till Tuesday. Cleaning the 3205 up in prep for tearing into the rear axle to fix leaking pillow block seals. Drained and washed the tank out too.

Still need to figure out what size fuel line this thing is supposed to have and what filter is at the rear. It has a mix of 1/4" and 5/16" fuel lines and the parts diagrams don't show the rear filter. Front filter is 5/16".

View attachment 2467846
View attachment 2467847
View attachment 2467848

View attachment 2467849
View attachment 2467850
With that first picture are you saying that CC's are two baggers? :)

Cleaned up nice!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,956
With that first picture are you saying that CC's are two baggers? :)

Cleaned up nice!
If you look up at the air cleaner you'll notice she's a 3-bagger. :D

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Looking good. But wow, it's interesting how much less substantial they look without the fenders, tank, etc. You realize that what's really holding it all together, the important stuff, is comparatively small.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,958
Looking good. But wow, it's interesting how much less substantial they look without the fenders, tank, etc. You realize that what's really holding it all together, the important stuff, is comparatively small.
Yeah, looks small stripped down. Part of it is the water cooled Kawasaki looks tiny compared to a Kohler with all its air baffles even with all the sheetmetal present. Looks like a 5HP push mower engine.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Can you simply your life, get a fitting to reduce the fuel line so you can use 1/4 inch from front to back, and lose one of the filters???

Anyone know of a good reason to leave it so complicated?

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,960
Can you simply your life, get a fitting to reduce the fuel line so you can use 1/4 inch from front to back, and lose one of the filters???

Anyone know of a good reason to leave it so complicated?

Mike
If you look at pic 2 you can see the metal electric fuel pump. The filter is behind the blue tape and is a pre-filter between the tank and pump to keep the pump from eating trash from the tank.

I actually figured it out today. I found the pre-filter. It's in the "driveshaft and engine connections" parts list. Part# KH-24-050-13-S (Superseded to 2405013S1C. It's just a Kohler fuel filter with 1/4" inlet/outlets. I'm gonna run 1/4" fuel line from tank to post filter then 5/16" to the engine like it is now. They did make it complicated. Pick up is 1/4", pre-filter is 1/4", fuel pump in/outlets are 5/16" all the way to the carb.

2941 - 2960 of 3076 Posts